Tell me about consierge class

HardyVA

We have sailed on Summit 5 times always in a Veranda suite.  The cruises I'm interested in for 2020 don't have any Veranda suites available, but they do have Consierge suites.  I'd like to know more about consierge suites as I can't find much on Celebrities site.  Any information would be appreciated.

14 minutes ago, HardyVA said:

We have sailed on Summit 5 times always in a Veranda suite.  The cruises I'm interested in for 2020 don't have any Veranda suites available, but they do have Consierge suites.  I'd like to know more about consierge suites as I can't find much on Celebrities site.  Any information would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the web site area that has the perks of Concierge Cabins.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Most of the perks are either fluff or available to everyone on the ship.  The only ones that most feel are good are the embarkation luncheon and two extra Captains Club points per day.   Many comment about the priority embarkation  but all that means is a separate line at check in, sometimes the regular lines are shorter. 

The good things about Concierge are on the M class ships where some of the cabins are located in excellent places and have larger verandas.   On the S class ships the Concierge cabins are pretty much the same as a veranda cabin.   Personally I wouldn't pay more than $50pp for a 7 days cruise.   

• Like 2

We had a concierge cabin on the Summit in March.  We did not receive a couple of the perks we were supposed to and didn't realize it until after the cruise.  We didn't get a bottle of wine or a pillow menu.  We did get the daily hors d'oeuvres which sometimes were interesting and sometimes horrible.  Next time I would just ask for a cheese and cracker platter.  

The "perk" is a bottle of sparkling wine...and more often than not, you have to request it from your cabin steward these days. 

The pillow menu is illusive....translated, that means for years, it hasn't actually existed.  Last month, I did find a pillow menu somewhere in our C2 cabin on the constellation.  They do have pillow choices....if you don't find the menu, ask your cabin steward what the choices are.

1 hour ago, HardyVA said:

The best benefit, in my opinion, of a Concierge class cabin as opposed to a regular balcony on the Summit (or any other MClass ship) is the cabin itself is 20 square feet larger!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Here is a link to the web site area that has the perks of Concierge Cabins.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Most of the perks are either fluff or available to everyone on the ship.  The only ones that most feel are good are the embarkation luncheon and two extra Captains Club points per day.   Many comment about the priority embarkation  but all that means is a separate line at check in, sometimes the regular lines are shorter. 

The good things about Concierge are on the M class ships where some of the cabins are located in excellent places and have larger verandas.   On the S class ships the Concierge cabins are pretty much the same as a veranda cabin.   Personally I wouldn't pay more than $50pp for a 7 days cruise.   

Can't seem to find anything about the extra points. Is Celebrity like Royal, one point per night unless in a suite then it's 2? Just starting with Celebrity so every point counts!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

8 minutes ago, CruisinDawn said:

Can't seem to find anything about the extra points. Is Celebrity like Royal, one point per night unless in a suite then it's 2? Just starting with Celebrity so every point counts!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Here's a link to the Captains Club area that explains how many points you get for each type stateroom.

Just scroll down almost to the end and they list each type of room with the number of point next to it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies.  I know there are no veranda suites, it was just a typo.  

There are no verandas left on the sailings I'm interested in, only consierge cabins, so it's basically that or no cruise.

Edited by HardyVA

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

The best benefit, in my opinion, of a Concierge class cabin as opposed to a regular balcony on the Summit (or any other MClass ship) is the cabin itself is 20 square feet larger!!!!!!

I agree 20' more is nice.  Are the verandas the same size?

2 hours ago, CruisinDawn said:

BonVoyage

Dawna

Never mind, thought it through and we are Elite? anyway since we are Diamond Plus, not real reason to work on points at this stage in our lives.

Thanks for your response though DjkRetired. 🙂

BonVoyage

Dawna

55 minutes ago, CruisinDawn said:

Never mind, thought it through and we are Elite? anyway since we are Diamond Plus, not real reason to work on points at this stage in our lives.

Thanks for your response though DjkRetired. 🙂

BonVoyage

Dawna

You are right, they only recognize the level, don’t add the points together so you would be starting with zero on Celebrity.

The good upgrade is to Aqua Class which allows you to eat in Blu. If a low rice well worth it.

15 minutes ago, Paulras said:

How are there no veranda cabins available for 2020 cruises?? They rarely sell out until a month or two before the cruise. 

Summits cruises to Bermuda and 

Newport,RI from Bayonne do not have any available veranda staterooms. Hard to believe, right?

I see veranda rooms available for booking all summer (May, June, July) both on Celebrity's site and my favorite TA's. 

Summit is doing non-Bermuda itineraries in August, if that's when you're looking.

50 minutes ago, HardyVA said:

I'm looking for Bermuda itineraries, particularly the two that go to RI at the end.

I checked and plenty of verandas avaliable for those next summer. How are you checking and what dates? 

11 hours ago, Paulras said:

How are there no veranda cabins available for 2020 cruises?? They rarely sell out until a month or two before the cruise. 

11 hours ago, HardyVA said:

Summits cruises to Bermuda and 

Newport,RI from Bayonne do not have any available veranda staterooms. Hard to believe, right?

Glad we are booked..for May 2020.  Only other date at time we booked was June 2020 for this itin..maybe more opened up for next season??

Concierge cabins on M class also used to have more storage shelves in cabin near the desk...I am sure that is ALL GONE now, replaced by the cabinet and cubbies 

21 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

The majority of the verandas for standard balcony cabins and Concierge class balcony cabins are the same size.

...unless you are in an aft cabin, and I am meaning all the way in back...the balcony's in that area are 2-3 times larger than a regular Concierge class balcony