Oasis Refurb

11 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I'm glad for you, because I know you like it. I guess for me, I will go to the shortened one, and see if I can try to enjoy it more this time around. I still wish it had been changed, as 5 years is enough for any show on the same ship. 

I'm obviously a serial cruiser, but on any given Oasis sailing over half the ship are newbies. 

FWIW, many ships doing non Broadway shows have had the same shows for ten years or more.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm obviously a serial cruiser, but on any given Oasis sailing over half the ship are newbies. 

FWIW, many ships doing non Broadway shows have had the same shows for ten years or more.

I know... and I wish they would change those once in a while as well. It does not stop me from cruising. 

Also, looks like they merged this one. Oh well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I know... and I wish they would change those once in a while as well. It does not stop me from cruising. 

Also, looks like they merged this one. Oh well. 

I wonder how CATS will go over in TX.🤔

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I wonder how CATS will go over in TX.🤔

If there has been news that Oasis is going to Galveston... I have not heard. I know an Oasis class would go, but that is the last I have heard of it. Any news.. as I have been behind the last two weeks with the storm? 

4 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

If there has been news that Oasis is going to Galveston... I have not heard. I know an Oasis class would go, but that is the last I have heard of it. Any news.. as I have been behind the last two weeks with the storm? 

Just someone on FB guessing the new NASA themed puzzle room would fit well in Houston.

• Like 1

We were just on Harmony this past weekend. I was talking with the Hotel Director one morning, and I mentioned how much I like the cabin layout on Harmony, and wished that they had done that on Oasis and Allure. The freestanding armoires instead of a closet. He informed me that the Oasis and Allure would be having total redos of their cabins during this dry dock, and that they would look exactly like the Harmony cabins. Now take this with a grain of salt, but that is exactly what the Harmony Hotel Director told me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

A new shorter version of CATS will be the Broadway show on Oasis when she returns to the US. Confirmed by Royal during a TA training session. 

Who wants to speculate how they shorten it?

I think Pekes & Polls will definitely go; perhaps they will shorten the Invitation to the Jellicle Ball (that's always been my least favorite part of the show). Probably shorten some of the individual numbers as well - I don't think they'll eliminate any of them. Guessing based on changes I've seen over the years (since the first time I saw it on Broadway in 1982)

1 hour ago, jdg623 said:

I think Pekes & Polls will definitely go; perhaps they will shorten the Invitation to the Jellicle Ball (that's always been my least favorite part of the show). Probably shorten some of the individual numbers as well - I don't think they'll eliminate any of them. Guessing based on changes I've seen over the years (since the first time I saw it on Broadway in 1982)

If they remove anything, it will be what has been removed from pretty much every adaptation since the Original staging. They would remove "The Ballad of Billy McCaw/ Growltiger's Last Stand."  Taking this out removes 10 or so minutes from the show that really is just kind of blah anyways.

1 hour ago, jdg623 said:

I'm guessing they'll cut at least 45 minutes to an hour

1 hour ago, Drock20J said:

If they remove anything, it will be what has been removed from pretty much every adaptation since the Original staging. They would remove "The Ballad of Billy McCaw/ Growltiger's Last Stand."  Taking this out removes 10 or so minutes from the show that really is just kind of blah anyways.

Does that take out Gus the Theater cat?

That's a very moving piece

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Does that take out Gus the Theater cat?

That's a very moving piece

No, They would leave that in. If you watch the movie from 1998 you would see that they remove that portion.

Another way to move things around, instead of the aforementioned Growltiger, they could move the Abbreviated version of Peke's and the Polls to the Gus areas. So instead of Gus' biggest show being Growltiger, it would be when he played the Great Rumpus Cat. They did this on the latest Broadway version and worked out well. They cut the song down so it saved time, and greatly reduced the length of the first act.

4 hours ago, cello56 said:

We were just on Harmony this past weekend. I was talking with the Hotel Director one morning, and I mentioned how much I like the cabin layout on Harmony, and wished that they had done that on Oasis and Allure. The freestanding armoires instead of a closet. He informed me that the Oasis and Allure would be having total redos of their cabins during this dry dock, and that they would look exactly like the Harmony cabins. Now take this with a grain of salt, but that is exactly what the Harmony Hotel Director told me. 

That would be virtually impossible. 

I will be shocked if they do much with the cabins cosmetically after the lack of stateroom updates on the other Amplified ships. Mariner and Indepndence were largely untouched and older than Oasis/Allure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I will be shocked if they do much with the cabins cosmetically after the lack of stateroom updates on the other Amplified ships. Mariner and Indepndence were largely untouched and older than Oasis/Allure. 

It would likely require changes to the HVAC system since it goes through the cabinetry. That sounds massive

Edited by John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I would love for Royal to redesign their cabins on Oasis and Allure as they are on Harmony and Symphony right now. That being said, it is highly unlikely this will be done in both the time and budget Royal has placed for these sisters.

25 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I would love for Royal to redesign their cabins on Oasis and Allure as they are on Harmony and Symphony right now. That being said, it is highly unlikely this will be done in both the time and budget Royal has placed for these sisters.

I would too. I love the cabins in the newer Oasis class. To be honest, the Oasis and Allure cabins didn’t even look good when they were new 🤷🏼‍♂️.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, legaljen1969 said:

In other "Cats" news, has anyone else seen movie previews that they are planning to release the "Cats" movie at the holidays this year?  Even more "Cats."   

My granddaughter will love this if it is shorter on the ship. We are going April 12 out of Miami.  Actually the movie trailer looks better than the stage performance.

I saw it live in Philly 30 years ago.  My husband fell asleep.

• Like 1

• Clarea changed the title to Oasis Refurb