Oasis Refurb

3 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

What was your favorite part about CATS?

Glad you asked. 

Rum Tug Tugger dancing with the audience. Usually a child.

20190222_000203.thumb.jpg.781b282cebb7a6c8382e0f42907e74c3.jpg

Victoria was my first love, but she doesn't sing. 

20190204_084954.thumb.jpg.0817d2bfecfe1bd076d3b05179b924cc.jpg

Sillabub opening of memory is haunting.  She is sometimes called Jemima

20190204_085235.thumb.jpg.105692d4052b5d43fb21126a60762c5c.jpg

Bombalurina is my favorite of the female cats. This is the Taylor Swift role in the new movie

20190204_085549.jpg.f9b9a91c0cc4ddb5a5e1e829cc58cf70.jpg

Bombalurina flirting with Tugger

20190222_000035.thumb.jpg.16a5b5824afed3fcb4efb206d5b4c71a.jpg

Rock Star Tugger

IMG_2235_1.thumb.jpg.a994e649a3d2e36361fdcb5ee562c6a6.jpg

Bombalurina and her partner Demeter

IMG_2301_1.thumb.jpg.af48695012462d87a78a1023b2c562db.jpg

Good times

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Bombalurina is my favorite of the female cats. This is the Taylor Swift role in the new movie

John once again our Cats opinions align! I love Bomba! Here in your pictures she is played by Charlotte Reavey.

I too loved the crowd interactions of Tugger in this version (something missed on Broadway.) In your photos he is played by Dale Evans.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you like it?  I haven't seen Symphony show, but I'm not a fan of the one on Harmony 

I've always really enjoyed Oceanaria and Oasis of Dreams. Not so much the Fine Line on Harmony. Hiro on Symphony was in the middle for me. 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you like it?  I haven't seen Symphony show, but I'm not a fan of the one on Harmony 

It was good on Symphony. I understand that the Oasis version is not the same. Hope to see it tonight but it has been a horrid day here in Marseilles... rain wind thunder lightening...

pics from Symphony:

F7037BDE-7B0F-4EDD-BFD1-D9C9ADCF793C.jpeg

239998E8-0F28-4748-A804-AECA3E2525A6.jpeg

DB5AE679-BF9B-4745-86B3-254501FA080E.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drock20J said:

John once again our Cats opinions align! I love Bomba! Here in your pictures she is played by Charlotte Reavey.

I too loved the crowd interactions of Tugger in this version (something missed on Broadway.) In your photos he is played by Dale Evans.

See, that's where a Playbill would come in handy. List the characters, cast, songs, maybe a brief synopsis.  Can't be that big a deal. I certainly get enough garbage in our Compass delivery as it is.

13 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes it is with new cast.

Oasis of Dreams aquashow has already changed to Aquanation ( similar to the show on Symphony)

Ugh!!! 

Another strike against the Oasis Refurb. Wasn’t fond of HIRO on Symphony. Way too much drum banging and not enough use of the AQUAtheatre. I left feeling the show could have been in the the main theatre. 

Not or fond of FineLine on Harmony for the same reason. 

Sure wish I knew who makes these decisions. 

mac_tlc

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

See, that's where a Playbill would come in handy. List the characters, cast, songs, maybe a brief synopsis.  Can't be that big a deal. I certainly get enough garbage in our Compass delivery as it is.

Agreed! Though in SOME of their defense, before the show, they do put slides up of the cast with some of their bio listed. Not enough in my opinion, but it is something. This is something that I missed on other ships in all of the shows.

• Thanks 1

Personally I liked Hiro best.  Seeing Oasis of Dreams a few months later was a stark awareness how dated the Oasis AquaTheater was in comparison to Symphony's AquaTheater where they use more technology.  This was prior to the crane accident.    Nick weir has announced they are adding projection mapping to the Oasis AquaTheater during the AMP so it shouldn't feel as dated anymore.  

I could sense a distinct progression over the years, the Oasis show just felt simplistic and old after seeing the Aqua show on Symphony. 

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I could sense a distinct progression over the years, the Oasis show just felt simplistic and old after seeing the Aqua show on Symphony. 

As long as they actually dive in the show... unlike Fine Line.

• Thanks 1