Oasis Refurb

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Personally I liked Hiro best.  Seeing Oasis of Dreams a few months later was a stark awareness how dated the Oasis AquaTheater was in comparison to Symphony's AquaTheater where they use more technology.  This was prior to the crane accident.    Nick weir has announced they are adding projection mapping to the Oasis AquaTheater during the AMP so it shouldn't feel as dated anymore.  

I could sense a distinct progression over the years, the Oasis show just felt simplistic and old after seeing the Aqua show on Symphony. 

I didn’t think any “progression” was an improvement. They progressed away from utilizing their biggest asset —- the Aquatheatre— and replaced it with more rhythmic dancing and banging.  There were points in HIRO and FineLine where I was begging for the dance/banging to end, but it just kept going. Again, As has been Royal’s MO, they make all the Oasis class ships more similar than they need to be, IMHO. Why not some differences? 

All that seems different are the two major theatre productions. Oh, and the lack of any pool in the Harmony Solarium 🙄🙄

mac_tlc

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I didn’t think any “progression” was an improvement. They progressed away from utilizing their biggest asset —- the Aquatheatre— and replaced it with more rhythmic dancing and banging.  There were points in HIRO and FineLine where I was begging for the dance/banging to end, but it just kept going. Again, As has been Royal’s MO, they make all the Oasis class ships more similar than they need to be, IMHO. Why not some differences? 

All that seems different are the two major theatre productions. Oh, and the lack of any pool in the Harmony Solarium 🙄🙄

mac_tlc

Personal likes and dislikes.

Watching Oasis of Dreams again it was just random people diving and splashing for no reason.  I saw enough of that watching my kids swim practises.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Personal likes and dislikes.

Exactly right. That’s  why I’m not fond of the approach to make the entire class the same in so many ways. If you happen to like the change, it’s awesome— you’ll have 5 ships to see it on. If you don’t, you have zero. What’s wrong with 4 and 1? 

mac_tlc

27 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Exactly right. That’s  why I’m not fond of the approach to make the entire class the same in so many ways. If you happen to like the change, it’s awesome— you’ll have 5 ships to see it on. If you don’t, you have zero. What’s wrong with 4 and 1? 

mac_tlc

That is exactly what the AquaNation show is - no theatrics, just diving and splashing.  

The primary Aqua show should not be dumbed down to be a copy of the AquaNation show.  

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

That is exactly what the AquaNation show is - no theatrics, just diving and splashing.  

The primary Aqua show should not be dumbed down to be a copy of the AquaNation show.  

I'll hold judgment till Hiro, but I detest Fine Line.

Probably as much as some hate CATS🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

Believe it or not, I agree with you! The primary show should be different. I’m just not fond of FineLine and HIRO. I don’t think those shows utilized the Aquatheatre or the gymnastic aspects at all. 

Plenty of room for different shows!!!!

mac_tlc

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll hold judgment till Hiro, but I detest Fine Line.

Probably as much as some hate CATS🤣🤣

I found a lot of similarities between Fine Line & Hiro with a slight edge to Hiro. I really like them both quite a bit. Then again, I really liked Oasis of Dreams as well. I didn't get to see the daytime AT show on Oasis or Harmony. 

57 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I found a lot of similarities between Fine Line & Hiro with a slight edge to Hiro. I really like them both quite a bit. Then again, I really liked Oasis of Dreams as well. I didn't get to see the daytime AT show on Oasis or Harmony. 

The daytime shows are both pretty good

• Like 1

We are looking foward to our Oasis cruise- but Cats is a horrible play- Some of the music is great- but the show is a stinker IMO. Saw on broadway and didn't like it their either.

Loved all of the previous entertainment and looking foward to our next Harmony cruise. Then Oasis cruise.  The entertainment was excellent- previously on the Royal ships, loved mama mia, chicago, hairspray and grease- saw them multiple times and each time enjoyed.  

The ice shows, while same old, same old were very entertaining as well as the aqua show- But Cats...not for me or my DH. If still on Oasis, will pass-

15 hours ago, twangster said:

I think that is a bit harsh... theatrics in the guy walking the tightrope.. theatrics with the girls in red shoes... theatrics with the aerial act... theatrics with the guys on the parallel tightropes... and some diving.

I saw it last night

C21FEB77-DF7D-4AED-9F9D-831FF922CD6F.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think that is a bit harsh... theatrics in the guy walking the tightrope.. theatrics with the girls in red shoes... theatrics with the aerial act... theatrics with the guys on the parallel tightropes... and some diving.

I saw it last night

What night is Oasis of Dreams?

1 minute ago, little britain said:

They don’t do that any more, it’s Aquanation 

Exactly.  When the AquaTheater was damaged they couldn't get it all working again to the level to support Oasis of Dreams.  So they modified AquaNation to incorporate some of the theatrics from Oasis of Dreams into AquaNation.

On other ships AquaNation is a laid back show for the cast to show off some of their moves without it being a full, tightly choreographed production.   

On other ships AquaNation is not the main show.  AquaNation is unique on Oasis.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, twangster said:

Exactly.  When the AquaTheater was damaged they couldn't get it all working again to the level to support Oasis of Dreams.  So they modified AquaNation to incorporate some of the theatrics from Oasis of Dreams into AquaNation.

On other ships AquaNation is a laid back show for the cast to show off some of their moves without it being a full, tightly choreographed production.   

On other ships AquaNation is not the main show.  AquaNation is unique on Oasis.

Then I would suspect that they will fix the Aquatheatre in dry dock and some show other than Aquanation will be the primary show. 

mac_tlc 

On 9/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, John&LaLa said:

A new shorter version of CATS will be the Broadway show on Oasis when she returns to the US. Confirmed by Royal during a TA training session. 

Who wants to speculate how they shorten it?

Please don't merge this with the other Oasis thread. I feel this topic can stand on it's own merit. Thanks in advance 

5 hours ago, Drock20J said:

I just read on the Cats Wiki page, that as of August 2019,  the new Cast that will go in after Dry Dock is rehearsing a 90 Minute version of the show. No other details were given.

That would confirm what John posted last Monday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Drock20J said:

I just read on the Cats Wiki page, that as of August 2019,  the new Cast that will go in after Dry Dock is rehearsing a 90 Minute version of the show. No other details were given.

Just been confirmed on board oasis: 90 min show .  He said they were cutting the 2nd act... 

info from

Daniel asst CD