Oasis Refurb

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

I'm looking at the deck plan.  Where is the lime and coconut actually located after the referb.  What does it replace on the deck plan 

Should replace Sand Bar, Sky Bar, Mast Bar, and Pool Bar

I think

Edited by John&LaLa

For those who are looking forward to a shortened version of CATS! onboard Oasis after the refurb, I just booked it for December and it is showing 2.5 hours in my calendar. That may change if indeed they are shortening the production, but if they are merely changing the cast... ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

For those who are looking forward to a shortened version of CATS! onboard Oasis after the refurb, I just booked it for December and it is showing 2.5 hours in my calendar. That may change if indeed they are shortening the production, but if they are merely changing the cast... ?

Royal hasn’t officially announced the change which is why it is still listed as the long version in your cruise planner.  The information about it being a 90 minute show has all come from credible 3rd party sources.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal hasn’t officially announced the change which is why it is still listed as the long version in your cruise planner.  The information about it being a 90 minute show has all come from credible 3rd party sources.  

.... like the Asst CD...! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Which sailing are you on?  I'm on December 8th, and entertainment isn't showing up for me yet.  We're with a decent sized group, so I want to make sure we grab our reservations as soon as we can so we all get in on the same shows. 

1 hour ago, oxymoron11 said:

I just booked shows for Dec. 8, 2019. I noted there was no aqua show listed. Anyone have any thought why the show was not listed?

Sometimes they are not listed right away, OR maybe it is already sold out.

There are 4 shows available to book as of today: Frozen in Time (ice show); Stand up Comedy (comedy live); Cats; and Stand up Comedy (Opal theatre). I imagine the Aquatheatre show will be added by and by. All of these were available for Dec 1, 8, and 15th sailings on Oasis.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:51 AM, little britain said:

One bank of buttons in one elevator has already been updated to huge digital buttons.

one week to go... get ready to say good bye to that fabulous view....

Naples 9/13

AF663F98-C85D-4A88-915D-CAFE0BCDEE41.jpeg

😞😞😞😞😞

10 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

There are 4 shows available to book as of today: Frozen in Time (ice show); Stand up Comedy (comedy live); Cats; and Stand up Comedy (Opal theatre). I imagine the Aquatheatre show will be added by and by. All of these were available for Dec 1, 8, and 15th sailings on Oasis.

They finally showed up for us last night. 

10 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Also available for Dec 22

On 8/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

I just hope the Solarium isn’t as hot as Symphony!  It was so hot in there, that the DH would only join me there once 😞. I actually prefer Harmony’s!

Yessss I completely agree!  We could hardly hang out in the solarium on Oasis and didn’t have high expectations for Symphony but it was great and we only went there and never the main pool.  

14 hours ago, oxymoron11 said:

I just booked shows for Dec. 8, 2019. I noted there was no aqua show listed. Anyone have any thought why the show was not listed?

Aquatheater and the shows are probably getting some upgrades and added technology.  The shows may be changing in name, length, etc. and they haven't finalized things. 

The Nov 24 sailing has comedy, headliner, CATS, and the ice skating shows available to book so far.

2 hours ago, kcbookworm said:

Yessss I completely agree!  We could hardly hang out in the solarium on Oasis and didn’t have high expectations for Symphony but it was great and we only went there and never the main pool.  

So, Oasis' and Symphony's solariums were hot? Was it humid? Stuffy? How hot was it? If I were to lounge around for an hour, could I do so without needing to leave?

18 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

So, Oasis' and Symphony's solariums were hot? Was it humid? Stuffy? How hot was it? If I were to lounge around for an hour, could I do so without needing to leave?

Symphony's was great!  We spent all our time there - never went to the main pool.  Oasis's solarium was so hot and stuffy that we couldn't relax there.  We went to the main pool instead.   I am hoping the refurbishment on Oasis includes improvements to the solarium! 

On 9/14/2019 at 5:51 AM, little britain said:

One bank of buttons in one elevator has already been updated to huge digital buttons.

one week to go... get ready to say good bye to that fabulous view....

Naples 9/13

AF663F98-C85D-4A88-915D-CAFE0BCDEE41.jpeg

Do you think that bar will also be removed?  I would think that is the future Abyss exit/landing area.

Edited by soremekun