I feel short changed

sxphil

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

And thanks...you just made my point.  The DP does not work for everyone...but in various cases..it would work for others.  No everyone's situation is the same.  As the OP was looking for the choice of "do or don't"...I think the OP discovered that in their situation as a Diamond...it wouldn't.  

Sorry that was not the original question asked by the OP, see below. 

Of course it turned into a mix between you only need a package if you drink too much and look at what benefits I get by being pinnacle or staying in a suite.  No wonder people are leary of asking questions on this site.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, sxphil said:

On my next cruise I become Diamond !!!!!!!!!!!

Every cruise I have done I have purchased the drinks package and had my moneys worth be it $38 Dollars or the Current $57

But now I am Diamond I get 3 free drinks which I feel I lose as I am purchasing the package

Shouldn't there be a discount on the package then?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Sorry that was not the original question asked by the OP, see below. 

Of course it turned into a mix between you only need a package if you drink too much and look at what benefits I get by being pinnacle or staying in a suite.  No wonder people are leary of asking questions on this site.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, sxphil said:

I think we may just pay as you go 

Read further ^.  

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Almost Every Pinnacle was Diamond at one point. It's a journey, enjoy the ride.

I am enjoying don't worry but will never get to Pinnacle as are starting to tire of Royal a bit so switching it up. 

Not directed at you specifically, but tiring of reading threads where they go off kilter so badly or go into personal conversations.  Hard to do any researching or follow along with so much extraneous stuff in some posts.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Read further ^.  

Not going to snip back and forth with you with, stand by my comment it was not the OPs original question.  Yes after the thread went in a different direction they said they MAY pay as they go, maybe you need to reread the original question? No need to respond, I am done with the discussion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How do you figure?  Seems if your not using the free drinks Royal is not losing anything???

Very true.. as usual, you are right.

Oh, by the way, I was just being "cheeky." I didn't expect to be corrected or criticized. 

17 hours ago, squadron said:

Have seen those people "stagger" giggling to the elevator.  Really annoying that the group has claimed a whole section of seats since 3:30 .  

Look in the bright side. As the staggering, giggling group is contained to one little room for 4 hours, it frees up the rest of the ship and bars for the rest of us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For me  I would skip the drink package because in port I would be drinking local wines , beers and spirits.   Once onboard I would go for the Glenfiddich, Campari or Tequila and then perhaps an Irish Creme.  

With the three vouchers I like the flexibility so by being able to go to a Bar closer to the theater or dinner is great.  I would start with a Campari or Gin and Tonic Aperitif , Glass of Red Wine and either  Irish Creme or a Scotch. I happen to like Glenfiddich.   If I had a large lunch off ship I would go to the Diamond Lounge when it opens for their Appetizers and Drinks and then perhaps get a dessert later at Park Cafe.

I see the lounge as a great option if you had a large lunch and don't want a big dinner or for breakfast.

It would be nice if Royal offered Bloody Mary's . Mimosas and Bellinis  or Coffee Liquor Drinks on Sea Days in the morning. What do you think?

On 8/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, island lady said:

Nope.  We enjoy the lounge before dinner for a couple of drinks,  but the real reason we like the lounge so much is to socialize with "birds of a feather" while sipping on our cocktails.  We all have the same passion...we love to cruise.  Have met many interesting people, some of whom we still stay in contact with, and enjoy cruising with again.  

Then it's off to dinner, with a glass of wine, and usually don't return to the lounge afterwards.  I do love it for coffee early in the am, one of my favorite perks.    🙂 

Yes I do love the Espresso machines. I use the airline lounges because of this perk!  If they work it makes good coffee but it may not be as good as  a Barista but in  a pinch its very good.

Do you know if they use Illy's or Lavazza Espresso in the lounge?  I really like these two brands!.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:36 PM, island lady said:

Nope.  We enjoy the lounge before dinner for a couple of drinks,  but the real reason we like the lounge so much is to socialize with "birds of a feather" while sipping on our cocktails.  We all have the same passion...we love to cruise.  Have met many interesting people, some of whom we still stay in contact with, and enjoy cruising with again.  

Then it's off to dinner, with a glass of wine, and usually don't return to the lounge afterwards.  I do love it for coffee early in the am, one of my favorite perks.    🙂 

Cruising grandma and I have a cabin on Deck 11, right by the DL on Allure in a couple of weeks! Wondering if I can slip in there in my PJ's for coffee to take back to our balcony!!🥰

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

Yes I do love the Espresso machines. I use the airline lounges because of this perk!  If they work it makes good coffee but it may not be as good as  a Barista but in  a pinch its very good.

Do you know if they use Illy's or Lavazza Espresso in the lounge?  I really like these two brands!.

The machines have whole beans that are ground fresh for each use.  They tend to change brands, can't remember what the latest one is.  Love using the machine early in the morning for my Lattes and DH's espressos.  🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Cruising grandma and I have a cabin on Deck 11, right by the DL on Allure in a couple of weeks! Wondering if I can slip in there in my PJ's for coffee to take back to our balcony!!🥰

I won't tell.   😉  But unfortunately the DL may not be on 11 any longer after refurb. 😞  I am on deck 11 also, just around the corner.  Have always loved that deck for that reason....soooo easy to just pop in for an early coffee to bring back to the sleeping beauty, as I also love to sip on my Latte on the balcony as sleepy head wakes up.   Will be so good to see you both, and happy to see Kay out there again.  🙂 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

The machines have whole beans that are ground fresh for each use.  They tend to change brands, can't remember what the latest one is.  Love using the machine early in the morning for my Lattes and DH's espressos.  🙂 

To me its the simple things in life  a good Latte or Cappcuchino, a good Danish and views of the sea from up above!

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

I won't tell.   😉  But unfortunately the DL may not be on 11 any longer after refurb. 😞  I am on deck 11 also, just around the corner.  Have always loved that deck for that reason....soooo easy to just pop in for an early coffee to bring back to the sleeping beauty, as I also love to sip on my Latte on the balcony as sleepy head wakes up.   Will be so good to see you both, and happy to see Kay out there again.  🙂 

Shhh we won't tell. I love going for a nice latte in PJs and then sunbathing! 

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

For me  I would skip the drink package because in port I would be drinking local wines , beers and spirits.   Once onboard I would go for the Glenfiddich, Campari or Tequila and then perhaps an Irish Creme.  

With the three vouchers I like the flexibility so by being able to go to a Bar closer to the theater or dinner is great.  I would start with a Campari or Gin and Tonic Aperitif , Glass of Red Wine and either  Irish Creme or a Scotch. I happen to like Glenfiddich.   If I had a large lunch off ship I would go to the Diamond Lounge when it opens for their Appetizers and Drinks and then perhaps get a dessert later at Park Cafe.

I see the lounge as a great option if you had a large lunch and don't want a big dinner or for breakfast.

It would be nice if Royal offered Bloody Mary's . Mimosas and Bellinis  or Coffee Liquor Drinks on Sea Days in the morning. What do you think?

I like Genfiddich too. However, it’s not on the Diamond list and the bars onboard are not supposed to offer off list alcohol. In real life, it happens, until Royal starts cracking down on it, and then people will complain they lost another perk. 

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I'll agree, the drink package does not work for everyone. 

M

I'm happy with the included drinks during the day, iced water, tea etc. A lot of our cruises are heavy on port days   so off the ship a lot. So the DD are good enough for a few evening drinks, which I top up with a drambuie after dinner. Guess we spend under $200 on booze on a 10 day cruise

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I have pictures of P’s in PJ’s/Bath Robes in the SL getting some coffee and even at 11am for a drink. 

I save them for when @John&LaLa posts kids acting like kids in the SL or Suite Guest dresses like they are on vacation.  Lol

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, sxphil said:

On my next cruise I become Diamond !!!!!!!!!!!

Every cruise I have done I have purchased the drinks package and had my moneys worth be it $38 Dollars or the Current $57

But now I am Diamond I get 3 free drinks which I feel I lose as I am purchasing the package

Shouldn't there be a discount on the package then?

Oh, such real world problems

7 hours ago, travelplus said:

I like you're thinking. Celebrity offer's them at the Elite and up breakfast each morning.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Does this his mean you’ll be on Allure 9/8, too? Hopefully so, but not seeing it on your future cruises.???