Who here would like a different Coffee Venue onboard

In my opinion Starbucks has run its course and it would be nice for Royal Caribbean to open up a Phillz, Cofee Bean and Tea Leaf, Peet's, Lavazza  Espressemente Illy's  or Blue Bottle Coffee shop onboard with comfortable easy chairs and the option to purchase an Unlimited Refill Coffee Card  and offer drip coffee,Hot Teas ,  Iced Coffee/Teas  but an upcharge for specialty drinks. 

I think Starbucks is overpopulated and past its prime in many aspects of good coffee unless Royal would open a Starbucks Reserve Bar. 

Caffffe Latitudes could stay and turn into the Complimentary Coffee and Dessert Offerings serving Illy's or Lavazza Coffee but premium coffees would be in a dedicated coffee shop/library. 

Thoughts? 

Sounds like Cafe Al Bacio on Celebrity. Free with  the usually included  drink pkg. Also free desserts to go with the coffees whether you purchase a drink or not.  Love that place. Would love something similar on Royal. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

Sounds like Cafe Al Bacio on Celebrity. Free with  the usually included  drink pkg. Also free desserts to go with the coffees whether you purchase a drink or not.  Love that place. Would love something similar on Royal. 

Isn't that what Café Promenade is?  Blended/fancy coffees and desserts?

I'd be very upset if they parted ways with Starbucks.  

*corrected typo

Edited by Queen of Oakville
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

La Patisserie on Quantum class?

Yes. similar but wish they would put it on all their ships. Will be missing it this week on Symphony but Cafe Promenade will work  even if the chairs are not as comfortable and no outside view. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Is that what Café Promenade is?  Blended/fancy coffees and desserts?

I'd be very upset if they parted ways with Starbucks.  

I think you can get plain coffee there too 

I'd just like them not to do some stupid exclusive deal that interferes with beverage package offerings.

That, and put back all the different sizes. It's embarrassing to see some of the coffee places on the ships that have price boards with very-obviously-missing larger sizes/prices. They'll still make them if you ask, so why not just put them back up? And really they could do so much better marketing all their specialty coffees and probably double their business at the coffee shops.

So, I think I have no interest in a branded coffee spot, unless it's still part of the Refreshment package. And the only reason to do a branded one at all is because they're just inept at running their own.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I'd just like them not to do some stupid exclusive deal that interferes with beverage package offerings.

That, and put back all the different sizes. It's embarrassing to see some of the coffee places on the ships that have price boards with very-obviously-missing larger sizes/prices. They'll still make them if you ask, so why not just put them back up? And really they could do so much better marketing all their specialty coffees and probably double their business at the coffee shops.

So, I think I have no interest in a branded coffee spot, unless it's still part of the Refreshment package. And the only reason to do a branded one at all is because they're just inept at running their own.

Starbucks does not interfere with the beverage package offerings.  Starbucks is excluded from all beverage packages.  

8 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Starbucks does not interfere with the beverage package offerings.  Starbucks is excluded from all beverage packages.  

I thought Starbucks is only excluded at the standalone Starbucks kiosks (Oasis class only?)

Edited by Another_Critic

20 hours ago, travelplus said:

In my opinion Starbucks has run its course and it would be nice for Royal Caribbean to open up a Phillz, Cofee Bean and Tea Leaf, Peet's, Lavazza  Espressemente Illy's  or Blue Bottle Coffee shop onboard with comfortable easy chairs and the option to purchase an Unlimited Refill Coffee Card  and offer drip coffee,Hot Teas ,  Iced Coffee/Teas  but an upcharge for specialty drinks. 

I think Starbucks is overpopulated and past its prime in many aspects of good coffee unless Royal would open a Starbucks Reserve Bar. 

Caffffe Latitudes could stay and turn into the Complimentary Coffee and Dessert Offerings serving Illy's or Lavazza Coffee but premium coffees would be in a dedicated coffee shop/library. 

Thoughts? 

Half the east coasters choke on the darker roast of Starbucks and you want to bring in Peet's?  🤣😂

• Like 1