Specialty Reservation Question

dsegel

On our booking invoice from our TA just below the itinerary it says "Speciality Dinning" and shows our reservations open October 14, 2019 for our December 28, 2019 sailing.  We haven't made final payment yet only a deposit for a PH3.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

1 hour ago, carlsbadguy said:

My travel agent sent me a en email reminder that tomorrow is 60 days before our cruise and to make specialty restaurant reservations. I assume since I am on the west coast I can go online around 9:00 PM tonight and make the reservations?

We're on the Left Coast and, yes, that's been said enough times that I believe it 🙂  But 9PM sounds WAY better than midnight, doesn't it?

Pre 5am in the UK??     I have never even thought of doing that and always get the bookings I want..   For this year's August cruise I went on line on the appointed day in June at a civilised hour and booked four tables at the times I wanted.   We like to eat at 7.30 so perhaps this isn't such a popular time?    There are certainly quite a few tables already occupied when we arrive in the restaurants.    J

On 9/8/2019 at 2:44 PM, dsegel said:

We just got back from the Marina.  I believe seating times were 6:30 - 9:30 on the half hour.

When i booked on the marina a few niggts ago the choices were 6:30, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30.

For some reason 7pm did not show up as an option for any restaurant  for any of our 14 nights.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:31 AM, ORV said:

It's not just the servers available, it's the reservation timing. If I go in at 6:30 odds are I won't be leaving until at least 8-8:30. There are people reserved for 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 8:30 etc. If they filled all tables when the restaurant opens then the people reserved at those times would not have a table to be seated at. 

Nor could the servers serve those tables the way you'd want.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, Paulchili said:

I don’t see a problem with that as long as everyone gets their allotted number of reservations.

I think that the one who pays the fare of an owner suite should get the EXTRA reservation over the one that has paid for an inside; likewise someone who has spent money with O for 30 cruises should get that extra reservation over the one on their first O cruise (who may or may not return).

Do you want that little extra attention or a little special treatment? Get an upper suite or sail enough with the line to have high loyalty level - it’s common sense and it makes sense to the companies (cruise lines, airlines, hotels, etc).

Loyalty should be rewarded in all business models.

Plus 1, agree 100%

On 9/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, dsegel said:

Ha, ha, I know we always do.  What i mean is do they give their butler an extra tip for getting them a reservation.

I'd think not, but at the end of the cruise if service was what you except--bigger tip if more than you except-that's how we do it.

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

When one couple can make their online reservations earlier than another couple, what is the procedure for linking those together so they share a table ?

I would probably call Oceania  or ask your TA to link them up

Whomever can book first might try the ADD A GUEST  link in the dining tab  see if you can do it that way

You might  talk to the Reservations desk onboard  to be sure  you are sharing the table

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, Mrs f. said:

I guess. Personally  I love sharing with others.....except when we got stuck with a couple first night who spent the entire meal telling us how much they hate Oceania and are going back to Princess. First night! Got stuck with them again another night. Oy!

i hate getting stuck with arrogant people who think their political stance is the correct one.  and feel the need to go on about it ad nauseum.  

they are worse than the passengers who play the "oneupsmanship"game.  the ones that no matter what you have done, where you have been, they have done it more and better.

or the couple that told me (when i was wearing my $300K diamond necklace) "if you can ever afford a world cruise, you should do it.  i watched them drunkenly stagger to their inside cabin in the bowels of the ship.

34 minutes ago, acritic said:

or the couple that told me (when i was wearing my $300K diamond necklace) "if you can ever afford a world cruise, you should do it.  i watched them drunkenly stagger to their inside cabin in the bowels of the ship

Talking about “oneupsmanship” 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - long time no post (been working overseas for past few years).  Anyways - about to go on our 5th O cruise after a several year hiatus and I can't for the life of me remember when the Maître D' is available to take requests for extra dining reservations. We will be in a B2 and won't have a butler. Many thanks!

2 hours ago, corpkid said:

Hi all - long time no post (been working overseas for past few years).  Anyways - about to go on our 5th O cruise after a several year hiatus and I can't for the life of me remember when the Maître D' is available to take requests for extra dining reservations. We will be in a B2 and won't have a butler. Many thanks!

It is something like 9 am to 4 or 5 pm.  It will be posted in your daily newsletter.  It's actually not the Maitre D, but a person from guest services.  They have a separate desk in the lobby area or you can call them from your room.

The last cruise we were on with them was in August and after you have used up your allowed reservations, they would only make a reservation for same day so your best bet is to contact them in the morning of the day you want a reservation for.  Good luck, it's not always easy to get them.

• Thanks 1