End of cruise survey

Joanandjoe

On September 3 we finished a wonderful 20 day cruise from Amsterdam to New York on the Navigator.  Most of the cruise was terrific; but, of course, not everything was perfect.  We looked forward to filling out our end of cruise survey. Sadly, that never happened.

At least on our sailing, end of cruise evaluations could now be done only online, and only on the ship.  I think that's foolish on the part of Regent, since not everyone is computer savvy.  We wanted to complete the forms at home; but found that the survey was on the intranet (Regent internal), rather than the internet.  If anyone from Regent is reading this, you really need to offer a handwritten form, a form that can be completed on one's computer after the cruise, or better information on how to find the survey while on the ship.  Passages kept reminding us to fill out the form, but we didn't get the proper URL until the next to last day (in a card placed in our room), at a time when the internet was down for maintenance.  Too bad, we would have given mostly high grades.

A comment on another thread asked if this was a new thing, since he or she had filled out a paper form on the Explorer last month.  I have no idea:  I only know that, on our cruise, the mid-cruise comment form was a paper form, but the end of cruise form was online only.

Has anyone else had recent experience with end of cruise comments?  As mentioned above, comments from Regent management would be appreciated.  If Regent can send me a paper form (or make the online form available after the trip), I'd still be happy to fill it out.

We had the on line form in April on the Voyager, so I suspect this is not new now. At that time you could fill it out on your own device or use the computers in the computer room. there was help there to assist those who were not very computer savvy. I agree that this is not the best way for a survey, to be able to do it on an actual web site would be helpful. When we completed it the survey was not well done as well, the entertainment section included several pages, with the previous and following few cruises and you needed to find the one that fit your itinerary. The instructions were not clear either.

I am currently on Explorer. In today’s Passages there is an area entitled “Digital Guest Survey” It provides the website and says it must be completed prior to disembarkation. Based on the demographic of this cruise, I believe that not having a paper option is a mistake if they want as much feedback as possible. Perhaps they had a transition period where they offered both, but we are not aware of it.

To pick up on what taxare said:  I was always very faithful about filling-out those surveys — I think it's important.   Since I am not a "digital" person (have no "devices," e.g.), I won't be participating.   I don't like that.   

I’m a computer person - I do most everything online whenever possible...and I don’t like the idea of a ‘computer-only, and only when onboard’ survey.  If they really want feedback they should give you at least a week after you get home to fill it out.  They could verify your responses with your booking number or last name/cabin number or something...

Really, paper should still be an option, IMO.

Edited by UUNetBill
Typo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

I’m a computer person - I do most everything online whenever possible...and I don’t like the idea of a ‘computer-only, and only when onboard’ survey.  If they really want feedback they should give you at least a week after you get home to fill it out.  They could verify your responses with your booking number or last name/cabin number or something...

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

Totally agree, we are computer savvy, but it took a while and is easier to fill in on a laptop, desk computer. The need for alternatives especially amongst the demographics of most Regent cruises is vital to get 90%+ replies. Think again. !!!

• Like 1

Like Bill, I know my way around computers and usually have no problems with the internet on Regent ships (no, don't want to start a discussion here 🙂 )  However, the Digital Survey is a mess imho. On a recent trip it took me over an hour to even get onto the survey site. No, it's not via the internet, it's the intranet, so if you are logged on/in, you might or might not get to the site. I finally managed to get into it via the "free Regent site" you can get to without login on. Very difficult and time consuming. 

People in the Business Center (aka Computer room) had no problems, but there are only 4 computers (Explorer) and unless I have something really important to say, do I want to spend time standing in line hoping one of the machines frees up ? If it is really important, I will tell reception or GM or Ex Concierge... but to give feedback it has to be easy. 

I believe the digital survey is intended to make it easier to "read" the feedback. Remember, they like block letters, short info etc. 

I would assume that the number of people who are able to give feedback is prob less than 40 %.  

The mid cruise feedback is still "manual", but at the end, ...

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

If Regent wants the surveys completed, it’s simple.

The written form should be left in the suite, and can be completed anytime, up to 2 weeks after the cruise. Left at reception desk, in the suite or mailed when you are home. 

It was that way in March on Explorer. . 

It sounds as if there are no longer "paper" surveys.  Perhaps people onboard the ships can let Regent know that it would be better if passengers were allowed to fill out the online form at home (with a time limit so that they are not receiving reviews that are too far in the past).  

This thread is a good opportunity to remind posters that Regent really wants issues addressed while you are on the ship so that it can be corrected.  Once you leave the ship, there is nothing they can do about it.  The questionnaire is still valuable to Regent so I hope that everyone fills theirs out.  Staff promotions are based heavily on customer feedback.

On our Voyager trip in June you could only fill out the survey online.  Since the last stop was an overnight in Venice we completed this the morning before we docked (since it had to be done before disembarking).    Little did we know the only real issue we would have on the trip was issues with the tour in Venice on the last day.   While we did address our issues with Destination Services, I would have liked to include my comments regarding this issue on the final questionnaire, to make sure that Corporate was aware.  My vote is for Regent to offer submitting the final questionnaire within a week of return from a trip via online or through the post.  

I would like Regent to do it the way Seabourn does. As soon as you complete the cruise, they send an email with a link to the survey, and you have one week to complete it. That way it remains timely, but you do not have to bother with writing your comments on the last day when you are likely busy with packing.

1 minute ago, BBWC said:

I would like Regent to do it the way Seabourn does. As soon as you complete the cruise, they send an email with a link to the survey, and you have one week to complete it. That way it remains timely, but you do not have to bother with writing your comments on the last day when you are likely busy with packing.

This is how Crystal handles it as well!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

This is how Crystal handles it as well!

That is the same way that the surveys have been handled on Princess and Celebrity for some time even on the smaller ships.  

Needing to complete the surveys on line prior to disembarking is rather silly IMO.  I would guess that this process will not last long.  

The trend is for on line surveys for obvious reasons.  

18 hours ago, BBWC said:

This makes sense.  I’d be more likely to do this in the airport or when I get home than having to do it on board prior to disembarking...

• Like 1

On that UK show set on the Explorer called "The Most Expensive Cruise Ship" that was shown recently (and a link to it was kindly provided by someone on Facebook in the RSSC page), there was a short scene where the cruise director was reading the survey results to the entertainment crew towards the end of the cruise.  It was broken down by percentages very precisely, but it didn't say how many passengers responded.

I agree that a survey that can be completed within a week of the cruise would be very helpful.  You can address any pressing current issues in a timely way while on board also.

1 hour ago, baz48 said:

On that UK show set on the Explorer called "The Most Expensive Cruise Ship" that was shown recently (and a link to it was kindly provided by someone on Facebook in the RSSC page), there was a short scene where the cruise director was reading the survey results to the entertainment crew towards the end of the cruise.  It was broken down by percentages very precisely, but it didn't say how many passengers responded.

I agree that a survey that can be completed within a week of the cruise would be very helpful.  You can address any pressing current issues in a timely way while on board also.

I would also prefer a survey that can be mailed in or responded to on line after we disembark, and a week sounds good.  With paper we've often done it before disembarking.

But given your remarks about reading survey result to the entertainment crew near the end of the cruise, I'm wondering if having them by disembarkation makes more sense for sharing the results with the crew.  Since there are often crew changes between cruises, having them after the fact may make them less useful f in sharing with the crew they are about.

We're recently back from 22 nights (back to back) on the Explorer through Northern Europe.  I had to fill out TWO of these surveys.  On the first leg we were almost hounded from midcruise to complete it, less so the second leg.  Both times it took over an hour to complete - quite a commitment on a very port intensive itinerary.  We were told they were doing it to save paper - it think I'd rather have the paper survey than the amount of paper one bins every cruise from retailers like Bellarri🤨.

The survey was poorly worded in parts: some questions were unanswerable, others were odd.  As an example a question asked which cruise line have you sailed before and did not give Regent as an option (!?!?).   As well it asked the best and worst ports - as a previous poster has mentioned - who knows until the end of the cruise where that may be?

I completed it mainly to voice my opinion about this survey format and comment on the 'Smartour' fiasco.  I just hope the message got through.  Incidentally, my husband who has always completed the paper version just couldn't be bothered to complete his as he only had his phone with him and it was pretty impossible complete on that platform.

Other posters have suggested an online survey to be emailed at the end on the cruise.  I agree this would be an ideal solution - no paper and the time to reflect on the cruise.  But, please, get the questions right (and relevant) first!

After thinking about it, the best solution seems to be to do a write-up yourself and either mail it or email it to Jason Montague.  Let him know the issues of having to finish the electronic version onboard.  When Mr. Montague reads these comments, he will share them with his management staff and perhaps things will change.

To those of you that are not happy with the new procedure, remember that Regent is saving paper just as it is saving plastic bottles by providing glass bottles.  From what I've been reading, all of us will have to make sacrifices and do things that we may not want to do in order to make the world a better place to live in.  I'm not speaking only about cruising but in all aspects of our lives.

I remember clearly when our city banned plastic bags.  It was not convenient to remember to take our own non-plastic bags but we did it.  Now the whole state will be banning plastic bags.  IMHO, this is hardest on seniors that were not raised to change their lives to save the planet.  Now we have children taking off school to criticize adults not willing or able to make the changes.  While, on one hand, I want to ignore what they are doing since it is a fact that their brains are not fully developed in terms of decision making, etc. and they certainly do not know what it takes to change things.  On the other hand, I hope that their passion remains so that they can work toward change when they become adults.

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...

I didn’t realize I had to fill out the survey before leaving the ship. I want to give Regent some feedback about the ridiculous surface on their pickleball/paddle tennis court.  Whoever designed the court definitely doesn’t play either game.  This is on Explorer. I’m thinking Splendor has the same.  We chose these ships specifically because they have a court.  Best exercise ever and way more fun that the gym.  How can I get this feedback to Regent?

Rmrands:  

Have run-around that pickleball/paddle tennis court area many times when aboard Explorer doing my jogging laps.  Never actually set-foot on the surface.  

That "said":

Suggest feedback be sent to: 

1.  Jennifer Teegen, Director of Guest Experiences and Loyalty.  her email is jteegen@rssc.com.  You can also send her a letter to the corporate address shown below for:  

2.  Jason M. Montague, President & CEO, Regent Seven Seas Cruises.  7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, FL 33126.  His email:  JMontague@rssc.com. 

Have, in the recent-past, been successful in communicating with both via either Snail Mail and email.  

Hope this helps.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...