Unlimited Dining Package 7 day cruise onRadiance of the Seas . Diamond Plus

Jimbo

UDP is currently $154 per person.  Is that a good price or could it go lower?

Since we are Diamond Plus we already have coupon for Buy one get one free, My wife and I each get one, I assume we would use thatthe first 2 nights, Chops and Giovanni's Table, so that would be  $75.00 total.

If we got the 3 Night Dining package, that is $79.00 per person.......but doesn't include Izumi or Chefs Table.

Does the UDP include both Izumi, Chefs Table and  Samba Grill, I guess if the UDP covered all of those then the $154 per person might be worth it.................What are other person views on this?

Also it says lunch is available wih the UDP on sea days,when we board the ship in Seward, is that considered a sea day?,, meaning is lunch included that first day plus  is the Hubbard  Glacier day and Inside Passage included as a sea day? So that would mean 3 lunches are also included.

What do people do that have Diamond Plus. UDP, 3 day package? plus the 2 buyone get one free days? 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

UDP is currently $154 per person.  Is that a good price or could it go lower?...

Could go up or down, price trends are not predictable.

UDP does not include Chef's Table.

10 minutes ago, later said:

We get the UDP.

I don’t think you will be able to use both your D+ dinners if you get the 3 night package.   

Yes you can. Just use the D+ BOGO on the first 2 nights and the 3-night package on another 3 nights. We've done this before

Also the 3-night package does include Izumi. You get a $35 credit towards food. It just cant be used on Izumi Hibachi on ships that have an Hibachi table

Edited by Bobal

$154 is a very good price for the Unlimited package, which includes gratuities. If you use the bogo, you will incur an 18% gratuity charge for the “buy one” dinner, which ads to your cost. The “get one” dinner does not incur the gratuity charge. 

46 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Could go up or down, price trends are not predictable.

UDP does not include Chef's Table.

I don't think we were to interested in a 2 to 3 hour meal anyway at Chefs Table so that is okay, how about Samba Grill? 

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just curious since someone said the $154 per person was good price for a 7 day cruise. What have other people paid for a UDP for a 7 day cruise?

On Quantum class and Oasis class regular price for a 7 night cruise is $199pp. On sale regularly though for $175pp. The only time I ever saw it lower was last year on Black Friday when I got it for $126pp

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Quantum class and Oasis class regular price for a 7 night cruise is $199pp. On sale regularly though for $175pp. The only time I ever saw it lower was last year on Black Friday when I got it for $126pp

We got a good deal last Black Friday too... I think it was $129, and we got it for Symphony in feb.

On 9/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, Jimbo said:

I don't think we were to interested in a 2 to 3 hour meal anyway at Chefs Table so that is okay, how about Samba Grill? 

Our Chef’t table experience in 2016 on the Anthem took 4-1/2 hours.  I might do it again if they told me I would be out in 2-3 hours.

jc

7 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

Interesting that someone can get to Diamond + and still has to ask about things like dining packages... or is it just another D+ person wanting to let everyone know their status?

The unlimited dining package is relatively new.

But maybe you didn't know that?

• Haha 1

We were on Radiance in late summer 2018, I can’t really say that I remember all of the options, but the unlimited dining package on that ship with so few specialty restaurants would lead to a lot of nights in Chops for me... which I don’t think I would like.  We did 5 meals in Chops on the Ovation this spring on the transpacific, and I was pretty much done with it.

Just a thought.  I would think the 2 or 3 night option would be a better choice on that class of ship.

jc

On 9/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, Jimbo said:

UDP is currently $154 per person.  Is that a good price or could it go lower?

I guess if the UDP covered all of those then the $154 per person might be worth it.................What are other person views on this?

Also it says lunch is available wih the UDP on sea days,when we board the ship in Seward, is that considered a sea day?

What do people do that have Diamond Plus. UDP, 3 day package? plus the 2 buyone get one free days? 

So you are on Radiance 7 night Alaska sailing? The specialty dinner venues will be Samba, Chops, Giovanni’s and Izumi. This is a GREAT ship to try the UDP for 7 days. Once Samba, 2 times each the others. Great views from

all 4 venues... can’t say that for any other ship. 

$20 per night will be about the cheapest you’ll

find. $154 is $22 per person per night...  very good. May go lower during a “Black Friday” sale for example in November (this last Black Friday sale was extremely good, one of the few RCL actually had a good sale).

I suspect embarkation lunch on radiance class, unlike oasis class, will not be available to you in specialty dining. On subsequent sea days, yes for sure.

the D+ BOGO is a rip off and not a benefit at all.

The online prices pre cruise are less than when on board, and you also pay 18% gratuity on top of that when You are on board.i has found the 3 night dining package to be same price (+\- a few bucks) as for D+ bogo. 

I’m currently on the 11 night adventure with UDP,  on the 11th and final day. I have not stepped

foot into the MDR. I paid $219 for the 11 nights plus 2 sea days. All the specialty venues know me by name and treat us like gold. I have changed our dining time 3 times this  cruise due to not feeling well, port time change, a trivia we

Don’t want to miss... can’t do that with MDR set dining. No limit on entrees (I asked), house wine served within happy hour no problem, had the seafood tower in Chops last night and also MDR lobster on top of that as the main even though not on menu. Our steaks and meals prepared a la minute, not 4 hours Ahead of time for 3000 other people (do a galley tour with your D+)

We we had the flexibility to dine with Carol a couple of nights by adding her to our table (can’t do that in MDR set dining). Last night we also met a new up and coming artist dining alone next to us who’s doing a show for Park West and some VIPS on board... she moved Over and dined with us. Again, can’t do that in MDR set dining. 

Tons of flexibility with the UDP for Me

personally  with better dinners and benefits that trumps the camaraderie I miss from the larger MDR tables. To Each their own ... you should try it and see for yourself.

Do you tip nightly with the UDP?  They don’t get the auto tips if you prepay tips right?  

The sea days lunch and 40% off wine sounds good too.

We’re D+ but rarely eat in specialty restaurants.  Next ship only has Chops, Giovanni’s and Izumi ( of which I don’t like).  I’m thinking I’d tire of the same menu 4 nights in each. 

Well you all convinced me to go ahead and  try it..................well hesitating cost me an extra $28..................cost per person went up from $154 to $168.............oh well we are booked at $168 ($24  each per night) but I will keep an eye on it and see if it lowers again, if so I will cancel and rebook.

Edited by Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...