USB Ports

MsSoCalCruiser

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know if there are USB ports on the bedside lamps on the Royal Princess?   It’s either that or I will need to buy a non-surge protector  power strip and hope it does not get confiscated.  Thanks!

We were on the Royal in August and there were none. You just need to buy a plug that has USB ports in them - there are heaps on the market that have a place for the standard pin sockets plus USB ports as well. I've seen up to 4 on one plug. I don't see why you would have it confiscated. I take these things on all the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know if there are USB ports on the bedside lamps on the Royal Princess?   It’s either that or I will need to buy a non-surge protector  power strip and hope it does not get confiscated.  Thanks!

Princess is on the technically challenged list when it comes to outlets.I purchased a USB port only device from Amazon for my cruise. 

8F36BEDD-E982-45A3-8701-ED052FAC2147.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Alas, it does look like a power strip and does not say "not surge protected" on the unit -- only in the advertisement that the cruise staff won't see.

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You can usually find at least one behind the tv.

Something like this should work we use 2 to have one on one side of the bed then run another to the other side.

Anything 2 prong cannot be a surge protector and nothing thick at the end.  Amazon about 6 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Extension-Outlet-Perfect-Kitchen/dp/B000Q68W2G/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1569515787&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A7065066011&s=lamps-light&sr=1-1

51H+wAiFT0L._AC_SL1000_[1].jpg

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

My choice

20190926_102747.thumb.jpg.48dbb46322b43b7f0875d82d85cdcc87.jpg

But I'm thinking about this as it has a nightlight. Only 2 outlets & 2 USB but that's enough for me

20190926_102720.thumb.jpg.fdd1357baca19f1dd6b0e7236b076cb9.jpg

Good luck fitting this one in the outlets.  Princess normally has two outlets next to the desk ganged with a light switch.  If this works it will cover both outlets and the light switch.  We use a 1' splitter extension cord to get the outlets away from that wall plate.  Then we can plug in both the computer charger and a USB adapter at the same time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Princess is on the technically challenged list when it comes to outlets.I purchased a USB port only device from Amazon for my cruise. 

I have one of these and they work great. Use it all the time when we travel and can charge all out items at one time. And there is no need for another extension cord because it has a long enough cord.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Good luck fitting this one in the outlets.  Princess normally has two outlets next to the desk ganged with a light switch.  If this works it will cover both outlets and the light switch.  We use a 1' splitter extension cord to get the outlets away from that wall plate.  Then we can plug in both the computer charger and a USB adapter at the same time.

Usually with one of those chargers, the phone cord is in the way.  We unplug the phone while charging.  Haven't had any problems doing that - YET.

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

I have one of these and they work great. Use it all the time when we travel and can charge all out items at one time. And there is no need for another extension cord because it has a long enough cord.

One reason I purchased this type was for the long cord. I use it at home as well.

17 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Thank you! I purchased this one and it should be delivered Saturday. Thank you for helping me find a non-surge protector charging device. I really appreciate your help. 

I was surprised to see we had USB ports on both night stand lamps on Grand Princess last week. Are they converting over to this when they refurbish ships?  They were very convenient and worked great.

Edited by mek

8 minutes ago, mek said:

I was surprised to see we had USB ports on both night stand lamps on Grand Princess last week. Are they converting over to this when they refurbish ships?  They were very convenient and worked great.

We’ve had them on the grand and Star so far.