Price drop--check your prices!

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

The new sale that started today is 30% off each guest as opposed to 50% off the second one so some folks, especially if you have just booked might be able to save a few dollars.

Sadly all our bookings are way higher now than when we booked them.

Thanks for sharing the info. 

The last two times our fare would have been higher, but this time I saved a little. 

Every penny counts when you’re too old to earn more!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Thanks for sharing the info. 

The last two times our fare would have been higher, but this time I saved a little. 

Every penny counts when you’re too old to earn more!

Thanks to LibrarianBecky, too, who starred the thread!

We booked an interior guarantee for an Allure cruise this coming November. We booked it using some Next Cruise Credit RCI gave us after having a issues with our room on the last cruise. I also got $125 onboard credit.

Today I saw that the price of Ocean View Balcony went down really low only $54 more for both of us, so I gave them a call to see how much of a price difference I'd have to pay. The very nice lady put me on hold couple times and came back told me that I would lose my $125 credit on board but I'd only be paying $20 more. I was okay with that and was so happy even with it being Ocean view balcony guarantee. When I got the invoice, it just said GTY so I called them back to double check. Turns out that they gave me an ocean view guarantee, not the one with balcony. We used to be able to upgrade from interior to balcony in the past without paying extra on an Oasis cruise, so I thought 'Oh boy, we got lucky again! 😊

The second lady told me if I want the ocean view with balcony, then I'd have to pay between $700-$900 more. I told her that I rather have my interior room back than have a room with a hole. No problem she said. Then the second invoice came my $125 credit on board was gone. Called them again and they gave me back my credit on board. It's been too complicated trying to get an upgrade with Next Cruise Credit tacked onto our reservation. Don't know how they calculate the number but it doesn't make sense to me. We're just going to stay with the interior room and enjoy our cruise 😂.

Edited by Moon Orchid
  • Like 1

The Allure cruise we saved $400 on was a back to back, and RCI told our travel agent that the first leg went up in price. I called back and got our travel agent to check again, and it actually went down almost $400 as well. Lesson learned! If it looks like it went down on the RCI site and they tell you it didn't, call back and get them to take a second look at your pricing. 

14 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

I just received another $200+ price drop on my Alaskan cruise for next June.  Have had about $800 in price drops all together---check your prices!  It might be worth your while!

thank you  - between 3 families we saved $765!

On 10/1/2019 at 8:18 AM, molly361 said:

The new sale that started today is 30% off each guest as opposed to 50% off the second one so some folks, especially if you have just booked might be able to save a few dollars.

Sadly all our bookings are way higher now than when we booked them.

How does it work for guests 3 and 4?

We are a family of 4.  We did a reprice two days ago with our younger one getting the Kids Sale Free.

Then with the latest sale, we saved a bit more, still with KSF  (I'll take it!).

But just wondering....as the cruise fare for each of us shows the exact same as the 50% off sale.  But the savings on the KSF is more (thus, lessening our overall cost). Not complaining of course, just wondering.

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks, just saved $700 on our CL suite on Oasis next summer that I booked last month as we have 4 in the cabin.  Kid's suite guarantee with just 2 didn't change but that makes sense. But I will definitely take the $700 savings!  Cabana on CoCo Cay here we come

Edited by cured

I"m glad so many were able to take advantage!  Because it is my habit to check prices everyday, I scored a second price reduction this morning--an additional $200+ off.  I think that my cabin category is going to sell out fairly soon, so I'll be glad of the price drops while I can get them.

2 hours ago, SixBitsKyle said:

I understand that you will lose any OBC you received with your original reservation. How does rebooking at the lower rate effect your cruise planner items purchased with your original OBC?

Found this which is targeted to TAs, but might be helpful to answer you:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Royal_Caribbean_OBC_FAQs.pdf

If the OBC that was applied to an item purchased in the Pre-Cruise Planner (PCP) tool falls off a booking will the purchased item automatically cancel?

If there are other eligible OBCs on the booking, they will automatically get applied to cover a balance. If there is still a remaining balance, this will trigger a balance due in the Cruise Planner tool which must be paid for by credit card to ensure that the item does not cancel. The guests will receive a balance due e-mail notification that the system would trigger a cancel in the 7 days. The balance due product will get cancelled by the system if balance due is not paid in 7 days or by the PCP cutoff day (whichever comes first).

If an OBC is dropped will an email automatically be sent to the guest or do we have a 'grace period' before it goes out to the guest?

The balance due emails are not sent immediately after the OBC is dropped. There is a nightly process that sends the email(s) to all the guests that have product(s) in balance due status. In the instance that a booking loses one type of promotional OBC, but qualifies for a new one, the system would automatically update the Pre-Cruise Planner tool and there would be no guest impact.

So my understanding is that you will get a balance due notification that you owe money on your cruise planner purchase and you would need to log into the cruise planner within 7 days and settle up the balance.  If your cruise is in less than 7 days you have to settle up before the Cruise Planner closes before the cruise.

4 hours ago, SixBitsKyle said:

I understand that you will lose any OBC you received with your original reservation. How does rebooking at the lower rate effect your cruise planner items purchased with your original OBC?

Wow! That’s a good question!

2 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

I"m glad so many were able to take advantage!  Because it is my habit to check prices everyday, I scored a second price reduction this morning--an additional $200+ off.  I think that my cabin category is going to sell out fairly soon, so I'll be glad of the price drops while I can get them.

The Key price dropped from $39.99 to $29.99 per adult per day. 

I jumped on it for two reasons... it includes internet and it’s a chance to have a Chops steak without going to Chops. 

My DH won’t do specialty restaurants any more on any cruise line. 

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The Key price dropped from $39.99 to $29.99 per adult per day. 

I jumped on it for two reasons... it includes internet and it’s a chance to have a Chops steak without going to Chops. 

My DH won’t do specialty restaurants any more on any cruise line. 

Key was 19.99 on my cruise, thanks for the heads up, after internet (on future sale)  and lunch its about $15 for the length of the cruise.

Thanks, LibrarianBecky, for posting this! I just got a $233 price drop on our October 2020 Harmony cruise!

I may look into booking the Key now, too. Thanks, jags fan and AlanF65 for pointing out the savings there. 😀

Edited by perfect match

If you are on the Quantum on 2/24/20 Check the prices, we saved $1080 on our balcony.  The current price is $884pp for insides and $969pp for a balcony, good chance for a very cheap upgrade, final payment 6 weeks away.