How to get a window table in Indy MDR?

5 minutes ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

It would be for just 2 people. We’re on my time dining. I understand that the window tables are coveted, so how would I best be sure to get one?

Go to the MTD desk at the entrance to the dining room as soon as you board and make your request.  They will accommodate if possible.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

Thank you, would I have to do this every night or do we keep the same table?

If you book a standing reservation at the same time then you may be able to get the same table every night.  However, they are unlikely to hold the table if you don't make a reservation.

• Thanks 1

The same table is possible.  The same LOCATION is iffy.  No lie, same table/ number moved four times on a week long  cruise.  Started off by the window, ended up practically inside their wait station.  

Never saw the appeal of demanding a window anyway.  It’s either too dark too see anything, or the sun is glaring so bright you are blinded

• Like 1

We have done this several times.  We do anytime dining and just ask for a window seat when we arrive.  There were times we had to wait, but never a big deal.  We did let the host know at approximately what time we would be there the next night and had the same wait staff 5 out of the 7 nights.  If you don't mind waiting and the table position is important, then go for it.  But I agree with spookwife - usually dark or way too much sun.  Have a great cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spookwife said:

The same table is possible.  The same LOCATION is iffy.  No lie, same table/ number moved four times on a week long  cruise.  Started off by the window, ended up practically inside their wait station.  

Never saw the appeal of demanding a window anyway.  It’s either too dark too see anything, or the sun is glaring so bright you are blinded

Wow, kind of a general statement. It depends on what time of year you are sailing, which side of the ship your are seated on, and what direction the ship is heading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I always just ask the host/hostess.  I have never had an issue.  I know this is a no no for many CC posters, but I always tip if I am happy with the table.

I’m not above bribery either. I swear back in the day of only two seating times and no my time dining they purposely placed you in the opposite time you selected so you would be forced to add a $50 bill to your request for a change.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

It would be for just 2 people. We’re on my time dining. I understand that the window tables are coveted, so how would I best be sure to get one?

Try - rcldining@rccl.com - they may be able to help if you have a specific reason, anniversary/special occasion etc?

5 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Try - rcldining@rccl.com - they may be able to help if you have a specific reason, anniversary/special occasion etc?

They can't really help you with MTD (the MTD hostess might), only traditional.

Edited by Biker19

We had My Time on Indy last December.  We didn't have a window seat, but our dinner tine was around same time each night at 6pm or 6:30pm.  By the third evening, as we walkwd to the entrance, the person asked if we were eating same time and he said to just go to the same table .  Not sure how he knew it was empty, but it was ours.

10 hours ago, spookwife said:

I agree with spookwife. There's nothing to see. Can anyone explain the appeal. Is it just looking into the dark knowing there is an ocean out there?

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree with spookwife. There's nothing to see. Can anyone explain the appeal. Is it just looking into the dark knowing there is an ocean out there?

We find that being away from the large open space in the middle of the MDR make for a quieter experience.

What time of the year and where are you sailing from.  If you are sailing during the winter time, with sunset around 5:30 - 6 pm, indeed like previous posters, it will be dark by the time you are seated...or shortly after.  With the bright lights in the MDR, all you will see is a reflection in the window.  

And unlike one poster's wrong information 🙄...yes, there are many tables set up for just two people.  MTD has more two tops than traditional dining. We have had two tops on ships next to the window, but it varies with set up on each different ship. We just ask for a "two top" and are always granted such.  Though do be aware that the two person tables are very close to each other.  Sometimes good for interesting conversations with your neighbor, and sometimes not so good.  

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂  

Edited by island lady

20 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

Love the Jargon "two top"!   What's wrong with "a table for two"?

Spent 12 years as a wine rep to area restaurants, and then 6 years as a Food distributor territory rep to them.  Restaurant Jargon is ingrained.  😉  And since retiring...that is one the of the reasons I never do a "Galley tour".  😄 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

And unlike one poster's wrong information 🙄...yes, there are many tables set up for just two people.

We had a 2 person table on Liberty right next to a window last year.  Got the same table every night except one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

We had a 2 person table on Liberty right next to a window last year.  Got the same table every night except one.

So did we, on several ships.  Did not even ask for it, just were seated there.  Have had them for lunch and breakfast as well.  Though as mentioned...not much to see once it is dark out there in the evenings.  😉