Sea pass card

Hello. We are embarking Anthem at Cape liberty.  Never sailed RCL before. Can anyone explain embarkation process? I did pre-check in online but then what do we do at the terminal? I read sea passes will be hanging on our door. How is that safe? Once we arrive ( planning on being there at 10:30 ish) how long do you wait around? Lastly, can we book activities like notthstar while at the port?

17 minutes ago, bellarosie said:

Hello. We are embarking Anthem at Cape liberty.  Never sailed RCL before. Can anyone explain embarkation process? I did pre-check in online but then what do we do at the terminal? I read sea passes will be hanging on our door. How is that safe? Once we arrive ( planning on being there at 10:30 ish) how long do you wait around? Lastly, can we book activities like notthstar while at the port?

Cameras record everyone who goes into or out of the stateroom.

15 minutes ago, bellarosie said:

When you arrive, you check in with someone who has an ipad.  There will probably also be a couple of counters open. They will then stamp your setsail pass showing you have checked in. You use that to purchase anything before you get your card and to board.  A card will be in a sealed envelope outside your cabin door.  All other cards and WOW bands will be in the cabin.  It's safe because if someone does take it, they'd have to open the envelope and you'd know it and report it.  I've never heard of it happening.  You book northstar once onboard.  Boarding should start by 11, but depending on status, you may have to wait a little bit (1/2 hour maybe).  

25 minutes ago, bellarosie said:

The card will be in a sealed envelope outside your cabin. You will know if someone has tampered with it. Since you will not have gotten to your cabin yet, there will be nothing of value in there for someone to steal. If you get to your cabin and find the envelope has been tampered with, simply go to guest services and have them issue new cards to your stateroom.

47 minutes ago, bellarosie said:

What's not safe?

I used to answer this question the same way. “It’s in a sealed envelope. You will know if someone else has opened it.”

Last month on my Adventure cruise, the envelopes weren’t sealed. Card just sitting in an open unsealed envelope. I don’t know if this was a new policy or lazy crew. 

Wee are Diamond +, but have not sailed with RCI in a few years.....is this a new procedure across the board? Or just anthem. 

Used to Gert out cards at check in.

Does not bother me one way or the other.

Also, it was mentioned being checked in by some with a I-pad, tablet.  This is happening everywhere in the travel world. 

At  Disney you are met as soon as you step off the bus. Then get a Text when your room its ready, along with your room #

But do you still go to a counter, show your passports, credit card?  It was then that we used to get our sea pass cards.

We're sailing out of Bayonne next summer.

Edited by B-52

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Also 25-30+yrs ago all the Royal ship Doors were propped open with the keys/cards in the room. So nothing new

Yep I remember that.  All the doors down the hallway were open - you could look into the different categories until someone “moved in”.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, Merion_Mom said:

I used to answer this question the same way. “It’s in a sealed envelope. You will know if someone else has opened it.”

Last month on my Adventure cruise, the envelopes weren’t sealed. Card just sitting in an open unsealed envelope. I don’t know if this was a new policy or lazy crew. 

You're right, we noticed this on Vision last summer in the med. Open envelope, but I think we're still safe. 

Some might ask "well, why don't they just give you the card when you check in prior to boarding" I think they started doing it this way to prevent people from going into the berthing passageways earlier before they open up the cabins, but I could be wrong about that.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Definitely not a new policy. On Symphony we had our cards inside of an envelope with one of those cardboard/paperboard pull tabs to open.

21 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

Also, your picture comes up every time your sea pass is used so if someone else tries to use it....

I believe this was debunked in another thread, pictures are not displayed when Sea Pass's are scanned/used.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  Or does it depend on the Ship?

Edited by brywood

28 minutes ago, brywood said:

I believe this was debunked in another thread, pictures are not displayed when Sea Pass's are scanned/used.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  Or does it depend on the Ship?

Maybe it depends on the ship but I know for certain it comes up when sea passes are scanned, at least on the ships I have sailed. I always wear a sun hat, fedora, ball cap, etc. and am constantly being asked to remove it when my pass is scanned at the beginning of the cruise. Once I have frequented a certain bar/shop enough that I am familiar then I do not have to do so any longer unless someone new is at the register. There would be no reason to scrutinize my face and ask for me to remove my hat if my picture wasn’t showing. 

21 hours ago, B-52 said:

Wee are Diamond +, but have not sailed with RCI in a few years.....is this a new procedure across the board? Or just anthem. 

Used to Gert out cards at check in.

Does not bother me one way or the other.

Also, it was mentioned being checked in by some with a I-pad, tablet.  This is happening everywhere in the travel world. 

At  Disney you are met as soon as you step off the bus. Then get a Text when your room its ready, along with your room #

But do you still go to a counter, show your passports, credit card?  It was then that we used to get our sea pass cards.

We're sailing out of Bayonne next summer.

It is not just on Anthem but it is not fleet wide either. I think less than 50% of the fleet is currently doing it this way.

10 hours ago, garnetpalmetto said:

Definitely not a new policy. On Symphony we had our cards inside of an envelope with one of those cardboard/paperboard pull tabs to open.

And was the envelope closed/sealed, so that you had to pull the tab to open?

Mine was not.

That was my point.

9 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

Yup, mine was.

Meaning it's not some new policy.

That was my point.

We seem to be talking past each other.  🙂  

I know that the cards have been on the door for a while now, and the system is now on more and more ships.

But the cards are supposed to be in SEALED envelopes.

According to you, YOURS were in a SEALED envelope.

MINE were in the envelope, but it was NOT SEALED.

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

We seem to be talking past each other.  🙂  

I know that the cards have been on the door for a while now, and the system is now on more and more ships.

But the cards are supposed to be in SEALED envelopes.

According to you, YOURS were in a SEALED envelope.

MINE were in the envelope, but it was NOT SEALED.

Yes, I quite get that. You stated it was either a new policy or a lazy crew. I was just confirming it was not some new policy.

10 hours ago, brywood said:

The picture of the card holder is absolutely displayed

55 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

Yes, I quite get that. You stated it was either a new policy or a lazy crew. I was just confirming it was not some new policy.

She meant new policy of not being in a sealed envelope or a lazy crew.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Done this many times. Remember there is nothing in your room until you get there to get your cards! Don't sweat the small stuff.

I'll be checking the closets and under the bed with the door open....just in case.  I sweat the small stuff.