PIcture prices

damiross

Does anyone have recent prices for the photos on board?  I'm thinking of getting the $249 photo package but wanted to know if it would be worth it.

As far as I can tell you get 1 copy of each photo take at formal nights, boarding, etc., plus a USB drive to hold the soft copies of the pictures.

I know this has probably been asked and answered in this forum but I can't find it now.  Thanks in advance.

We have had it on the last 5 cruises and for us it is a good value.  My Husband and I had about 85 pictures from our last cruise.  I really don't care about the hard copies as I make photo books online and will use most of them in my books.  I use all of the port pictures to open that port in my books.  The 8X10 pics were $25 each without a package.

29 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

O a cruise last year  bought two photos

Formal Night on was $25     and a going a shore one was $15

Don't know why the price difference as both print were the same size ?

Cheers Don

Maybe because the formal night pics are posed, not just a quick snap at the bottom of the gangplank. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Aus Traveller

48 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe because the formal night pics are posed, not just a quick snap at the bottom of the gangplank. Just a suggestion.

And maybe because people are willing to pay more for a photo of them all dressed up at a price far less than at a land photo studio.

• Like 1

To me it's all about personal style.  If you like to have many photos of your voyage and do take the time to look at them again and again, it's a great value.  In our case, we tend to buy one of the photos at the beginning of the voyage that shows the itinerary that we put in the folder with the other post voyage documents and our log book.

On the voyage last week on the Crown, we were traveling with cousins and friends and had a group shot which we did purchase in addition to the beginning voyage photo.  That's our style.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grego said:

To me it's all about personal style.  If you like to have many photos of your voyage and do take the time to look at them again and again, it's a great value.  In our case, we tend to buy one of the photos at the beginning of the voyage that shows the itinerary that we put in the folder with the other post voyage documents and our log book.

On the voyage last week on the Crown, we were traveling with cousins and friends and had a group shot which we did purchase in addition to the beginning voyage photo.  That's our style.

Personally, I don't care if we buy any pictures.  My wife loves to have pictures.  She puts many of them into scrapbooks.

With the responses so far, it looks like $249 will be a good deal.  

6 hours ago, Moose07 said:

When we went to Alaska we got 55 pictures  plus the usb and did not hit all of the photo ops. Well worth the price, will be getting the package again on the Sky in 2020 with my sister.

we got the USB and have it doing slide view on flat screen while soft jazz is playing, relaxes me while reading some threads on this site. Gawd my wife is beautiful.😃

• Like 5

15 hours ago, damiross said:

Does anyone have recent prices for the photos on board?  I'm thinking of getting the $249 photo package but wanted to know if it would be worth it.

As far as I can tell you get 1 copy of each photo take at formal nights, boarding, etc., plus a USB drive to hold the soft copies of the pictures.

I know this has probably been asked and answered in this forum but I can't find it now.  Thanks in advance.

Just off the Crown TA.   Wait for the $99 photo package deal.  There was a very elderly couple who had their picture taken at every venue,  at every Formal Night,  and at every photo opportunity.  They scored 300 phots of themselves.   No such a bad deal.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

12 minutes ago, c-boy said:

we got the USB and have it doing slide view on flat screen while soft jazz is playing, relaxes me while reading some threads on this site. Gawd my wife is beautiful.😃

fry up some bacon ... pop a cork on a Veuve Cliquet ... :classic_wink:

43 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Just off the Crown TA.   Wait for the $99 photo package deal. 

Do they still offer the $99 deal?  I haven't read any reports of that deal in last couple years, and thought they had done away with it.  I've been looking regularly on my 2 upcoming cruises and only have seen the $249 price.

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Do they still offer the $99 deal?  I haven't read any reports of that deal in last couple years, and thought they had done away with it.  I've been looking regularly on my 2 upcoming cruises and only have seen the $249 price.

Have not seen it that cheap in a while. It was a great deal! 

6 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I have not seen it offered in years or I would be all over that.

7 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

The $99 deal was half of they package price ($199) so I figure if they were to discount the current package it would be $125 or so.

If you see a photo deal that seems too good to be true... JUMP ON IT! We had a few folks on a 28 day cruise who saw a $99 for unlimited photos deal and jumped on it. A day (maybe two days) later it disappeared as Princess didn't ever intend to offer that package for a 28 day cruise. The few who grabbed it quickly had the deal honored by Princess.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

Just off the Crown TA.   Wait for the $99 photo package deal.  There was a very elderly couple who had their picture taken at every venue,  at every Formal Night,  and at every photo opportunity.  They scored 300 phots of themselves.   No such a bad deal.

Do they ALWAYS do the $99 deal  and at what point is that offered

3 hours ago, DMT1970 said:

Do they ALWAYS do the $99 deal  and at what point is that offered

It was only offered when they first began having package photo deals about a year and a half ago (or 2.5 years ago). Once they figured out their ideal pricing, it has not been offered again nor would I expect it to be offered again in the future.

Not sure when the couple DMT1970 referred to booked their package. I doubt it was recently.

The great thing about purchasing a Next Cruise credit (x 2, or 4 or 8 depending on how many are left in our little cruise bank) on Princess, is that there is always some on board credit for those future cruises .  Hence, at minimum $50 bucks (we always book a balcony) and then we get to purchase two photos with that little credit always our Welcome Aboard Photo and one formal photo.  $50 bucks just about covers the two of them.  

We travel with our 3 kids so for us it's a fantastic value- we do try and take as many pictures as we can- last Christmas we were on a 15 day Asian holiday cruise and I think we came home with 250-300 pictures with the digital images.  Many were really good and I think it was well worth it for us!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roatanfans said:

We travel with our 3 kids so for us it's a fantastic value- we do try and take as many pictures as we can- last Christmas we were on a 15 day Asian holiday cruise and I think we came home with 250-300 pictures with the digital images.  Many were really good and I think it was well worth it for us!

When you say "we do try and take as many pictures as we can"  what exactly do you mean. Do you just go to all the photo spots (getting on & off ship, formal night etc.)  don't mean to sound dumb, but i was contemplating getting the package as it is our 25th anniversary cruise and we will not be traveling with any friends or family so essentially no one to take pics.  I am horrible at the selfies..lol .  I just want to be sure i don't pay for the package and wind up with 5 pictures.  

23 minutes ago, DMT1970 said:

When you say "we do try and take as many pictures as we can"  what exactly do you mean. Do you just go to all the photo spots (getting on & off ship, formal night etc.)  don't mean to sound dumb, but i was contemplating getting the package as it is our 25th anniversary cruise and we will not be traveling with any friends or family so essentially no one to take pics.  I am horrible at the selfies..lol .  I just want to be sure i don't pay for the package and wind up with 5 pictures.  

We've done the package a few times, special occasions, holidays, traveling with mom... We usually end up with about 125-200 photos. Longer cruises, more photos.  In all honesty, there are more bad photos than good ones, but it's fun. we throw them on a digital photo album and laugh at our photos as they scroll through. For a special anniversary it would be a good idea to do the package and stop at every photo opportunity, boarding, getting off the ship, dinner, the casual photos, the formal photos.  You will have fun and get some good frame-able photos in the process.