Last cruise before passing ship on to another line?

dd likes to cruise

Interested in sailing the Golden Princess next August. It looks like it is the last cruise operated by Princess before passing ship over to their sister line.  Is there any reason this should scare me?  Will, or could things operate differently?  Have not found roll call yet so no fellow travelers to ask about it. FYI - I am looking at Aug 25 Vancouver to Singapore, 29 nights. 

Thanks

20+ years ago we were on the last sailing of the old Dawn Princess before it was sold to a Russian company.  We saw no difference in the food quality/quantity, entertainment, or helpfulness of cruise staff from any of the other 2 dozen Princess cruises we have been on.

We were on the last sailing of the X Century before sale.  Everything pretty much the same as the X standard except for the buffet.  They let down there, but was it a pre-existing problem?  I can't say.  Of course it's a different company.  With Princess transfer to P&O, it is still under the Carnival umbrella.  More inclined to keep standards I would think.  Elsewhere on CC you will read that the Golden is showing it's age.  But my thought is,  go for it. What an adventure!  

We have been on the golden often over the last few years.... and things are not as bad as some people say

We have always had a great time on her....

and in in four and half weeks about to board her for 26 nights....

Enjoy your cruise and say Farwell to the Golden.

Cheers Don

I remember reading about a sale of a Princess ship and the ownership transfer was effective at noon, just a few hours after docking.  All the art, shop items , most liquor  and anything else not included in the sale had been packed  up in the last few days.   If the transfer is inter company they may not be as rushed. 

Other posters have mentioned possible negatives. I will mention a positive.

We were on one Princess ship (probably Dawn Princess) before it transferred to P&O. There were great specials in the shops, probably because they preferred to convert the stock to cash rather than pack it up to transport it to another ship.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Other posters have mentioned possible negatives. I will mention a positive.

We were on one Princess ship (probably Dawn Princess) before it transferred to P&O. There were great specials in the shops, probably because they preferred to convert the stock to cash rather than pack it up to transport it to another ship.

That was our experience on the last voyage of the Ocean Princess before it went to Oceana to become the Sirena.

The shops did close about a week before to pack up and inventory for customs. I suspect that will be the case for the Golden even though it's going to P&O Australia. At least all the Princess branded items have to go.

Also, there was an amazing liquor sale a few days before the end.

We also got to keep the Princess robes as it wasn't worth their time or expense to offload them and transfer them to another Princess ship.

11 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I saw the Golden in may, while I was on the Ruby in Alaska.It had a lot of rust showing on the hull, but I have no idea how the ship is in general.

It is a ship sailing in salt water. Ships rust. Even a ship that has been in dry dock, been sand blasted to bare metal, primed and top coated with anti-fouling paint will show rust within a few months of leaving dry dock.