Incredible last minute deal...

teecee60

For any foot loose and fancy free retirees... or anyone else who can take advantage of last minute deals....here's an incredible opportunity...

A 14 night transatlantic from Barcelona to FLL on Emerald Princess for $799pp!...with $250 shareholder OBC... AND...  $250 military OBC!

B2B with a 15 night Panama Canal transit from FLL to LA for $729pp!...also with $250 shareholder OBC and $250 military OBC!

29 nights on Emerald Princess for $1528pp... yes... taxes are extra... but  ONE THOUSAND  DOLLARS OBC!?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teecee60 said:

For any foot loose and fancy free retirees... or anyone else who can take advantage of last minute deals....here's an incredible opportunity...

A 14 night transatlantic from Barcelona to FLL on Emerald Princess for $799pp!...with $250 shareholder OBC... AND...  $250 military OBC!

B2B with a 15 night Panama Canal transit from FLL to LA for $729pp!...also with $250 shareholder OBC and $250 military OBC!

29 nights on Emerald Princess for $1528pp... yes... taxes are extra... but  ONE THOUSAND  DOLLARS OBC!?!

Since when does Princess offer deals that include sharehilder and military OBC? 

Do these deals include these OBCs whether one qualifies or not?

What are you talking about?

I think the OP is saying that he or she qualifies for shareholder and military OBC, not that everyone would get that benefit.

I notice some deals for November and December cruises that included free airfare from our airport. The cruise that interests me is a 10-day partial Panama Canal one. I'm still muddling it over. DH would have to stay home and work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Nice fare. What cat. cabin? Assume it is an interior guarantee. Basic fare is around $55/pp/day. Of course the shareholder and military OBC and are not really part of the fare or promo. These are specific to share ownership and military service available to anyone that qualifies and any fare paid. Have fun. We were on the Emerald in February/March 2019. Great crew. The ship was in dry dock during the spring 2019 with some nice changes.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Since when does Princess offer deals that include shareholder and military OBC? 

Buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp. and receive OBC (after you send proof of ownership) of $50 to $250 OBC depending on the length of the cruise. One per cabin.

Active, retired or veteran military for US, Canada, UK (others?) - send appropriate documentation and receive the same amount as shareholder. One per person who qualifies. Never need to send documentation again (if the computer gods are paying attention).

Also, not mentioned in the original post...if you have a Future Cruise Deposit (purchase on a previous cruise, $100), it becomes your deposit for a new cruise and includes OBC from $15 to $150 depending on the length of the cruise and the category of cabin.

If the cruise is "cheap" enough...you can sail for free.

We booked a 3 day years ago (LA-Ensenada-LA) that cost $99pp. Our total cost was almost equal to the OBC we received.

12 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp. and receive OBC (after you send proof of ownership) of $50 to $250 OBC depending on the length of the cruise. One per cabin.

Active, retired or veteran military for US, Canada, UK (others?) - send appropriate documentation and receive the same amount as shareholder. One per person who qualifies. Never need to send documentation again (if the computer gods are paying attention).

Also, not mentioned in the original post...if you have a Future Cruise Deposit (purchase on a previous cruise, $100), it becomes your deposit for a new cruise and includes OBC from $15 to $150 depending on the length of the cruise and the category of cabin.

If the cruise is "cheap" enough...you can sail for free.

We booked a 3 day years ago (LA-Ensenada-LA) that cost $99pp. Our total cost was almost equal to the OBC we received.

Yes, I understand all that ... I was challenging how the OP phrased these great deals ... with no explanation of anything.

Words are important. 

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Yes, I understand all that ... I was challenging how the OP phrased these great deals ... with no explanation of anything.

Words are important. 

You obviously understood the OP as did others. You admitted it 😀. Of course shareholder and military credits are only for those who qualify. But it is easy to qualify for the shareholder credit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Nice fare. What cat. cabin? Assume it is an interior guarantee. Basic fare is around $55/pp/day. Of course the shareholder and military OBC and are not really part of the fare or promo. These are specific to share ownership and military service available to anyone that qualifies and any fare paid. Have fun. We were on the Emerald in February/March 2019. Great crew. The ship was in dry dock during the spring 2019 with some nice changes.

We'll be on her for a month in February - what nice changes please?

3 hours ago, skynight said:

I was on Emerald for 28 nights in April/May for the same itinerary in the opposite direction... it is beautiful ship!  Yes, that price is for an inside... but an OV is only $150pp more. I just booked an OV on Golden Princess for her 29 night transpacific on April 8 for only $1749pp... inside cabins are still available for only $1599pp!  

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Do you have a link to these deals?

Unfortunately, Cruise Critic does not allow posting links to any travel agencies. 

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes. Please. Hard to look up without more info.

True... try a search for last minute cruise deals. Many people will still argue the point... but If you are booking directly through the cruse line,  you are loosing money... sometimes a LOT of money.

4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

What do you think?

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

We'll be on the TA out of Barcelona and can tell you that some people have dropped out last minute due to the "unrest" in Barcelona. Protests have been going on for weeks with no let-up in sight.

I was on a Princess cruise in Barcelona the day after a nationalist separation vote. Be wise and it was fine.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:49 PM, teecee60 said:

Prices just dropped yet again!  The transatlantic leg is now down to only $639pp inside and $637pp OV... while the Panama Canal leg is down to only $703pp inside and $785pp OV! 

37 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

Prices just dropped yet again!  The transatlantic leg is now down to only $639pp inside and $637pp OV... while the Panama Canal leg is down to only $703pp inside and $785pp OV! 

There isn't much point in posting random pricing for an unknown TA (and you cannot identify them and don't bother with "big box" or other euphemisms).  Sure, a TA may be offering a fare discount or OBC to make a trip even less expensive, but if you want to post about great deals, IMO you should be referring to the standard published Princess deal(s) on their website.  That provides a common standard for everyone, and folks can check what prices they can get from TA's they deal with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steelers36 said:

There isn't much point in posting random pricing for an unknown TA (and you cannot identify them and don't bother with "big box" or other euphemisms).  Sure, a TA may be offering a fare discount or OBC to make a trip even less expensive, but if you want to post about great deals, IMO you should be referring to the standard published Princess deal(s) on their website.  That provides a common standard for everyone, and folks can check what prices they can get from TA's they deal with. 

Unfortunately we don't set the rules for who posts what! Anyone not interested can just click the Back button 😀

Plus the Princess rate on the first cruise is pretty close to what the OP posted.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, steelers36 said:

IMO there are SEVERAL very pertinent points. When I started cruising I didn't know about the incredible deals to be found by not booking directly with the cruise lines... now I, and many other people, DO know. There are still MANY people who are mistaken in their belief that travel agencies can not sell cruises for less than the cruise lines. There are also MANY people who still don't know about the incredible deals that can save THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on airline flights through EZ Air.

There are still MANY people who don't know about the Military Benefit or the Shareholder Benefit. There are still many people who don't know that there are FAR LESS EXPENSIVE options to cruise line shore excursions and ground transfers  If I can help ANY of them save some money by posting on cruise critic, I will do so... because THIS is where *I* learned to save MANY THOUSANDS of dollars over my 34 cruises in the last 12 years.

If SOME people want to pay full price and loose benefits booking directly with Princess... they can.

If SOME people don't want to take advantage of the information posted here... they don't have to.

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, teecee60 said:

IMO there are SEVERAL very pertinent points. When I started cruising I didn't know about the incredible deals to be found by not booking directly with the cruise lines... now I, and many other people, DO know. There are still MANY people who are mistaken in their belief that travel agencies can not sell cruises for less than the cruise lines. There are also MANY people who still don't know about the incredible deals that can save THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on airline flights through EZ Air.

There are still MANY people who don't know about the Military Benefit or the Shareholder Benefit. There are still many people who don't know that there are FAR LESS EXPENSIVE options to cruise line shore excursions and ground transfers  If I can help ANY of them save some money by posting on cruise critic, I will do so... because THIS is where *I* learned to save MANY THOUSANDS of dollars over my 34 cruises in the last 12 years.

If SOME people want to pay full price and loose benefits booking directly with Princess... they can.

If SOME people don't want to take advantage of the information posted here... they don't have to.

Well I suppose we will agree to disagree.  Your OP threw out some one-liner prices with partial context like an advertisement.  I think you should have at least included the ship (yes, you did mention Emerald twice) and date and the Princess pricing.  Fine if you want to include an example of a TA price along with that, but what you posted isn't of much use on its own, mostly because the info was incomplete and we cannot know the TA organization you were sourcing the info from.  

The available benefits to customers who book a cruise are a separate matter and are available whether booking directly with Princess or thru a TA.   

If your point is to inform people and demonstrate how they can save using a TA over booking with Princess (and I am with you on that as it is my practice to book with a TA), then providing details of example cruises with Princess pricing and agency pricing would be helpful.  But, from my reading on here, outside of new members possibly, I do believe virtually all on here understand how to shop for a cruise they are interested in. 

On 10/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Wow! We don't get deals like that in Australia. 😢

We do, I just got one that was a few thousand $ off. They are always emailed and I have been on Princess 8 times so far if that's any reference. Just make sure you're registered on their official site.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 8:47 AM, rand5204 said:

I must be missing something. I just ran through all of the cruise deals on the Princess site and found nothing that even comes close. Where are these deals coming from?

From travel agents.

When it gets close to embarkation day and Princess wants to fill up the ship, they have discounted prices that do not show up on the Princess web site but are available from travel agents (at least in the USA). Probably all TAs (in the USA) have access to these bargains, but you have to seek them out.

• Like 1

I booked the December 10 cruise on the Caribbean Princess that I mentioned being interested in. The pricing on the Princess website is great if you're going double occupancy. I'm going solo. The travel agency I booked this cruise through had access to a lower single supplement. I had a customer relations future cruise credit that covered it. And I still was able to get the free airfare. 

• Like 1