Why Why Why

Kansas Gal

don't the mods make a sticky for dress code? I'll admit I don't usually read them anymore, same people defending their personal preferences sometimes even to the point of insulting those not agreeing with them.  I did today look at the last page of the current one (there is always at least one on page 1) and again same thing, none directly replying to OP.  There is even one admitting he make up something, basically to annoy others.  While this erodes his credibility (especially since according to his profile he has only done one princess cruise), it also makes one wonder how many others are doing the same thing to "prove" they are right.  Until Princess takes a firm stand one way or the other, and enforces it, there will continue to be this animosity among those here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just wait until you complain about something you didn't like on your cruise. You''ll be mocked, shamed for not being grateful for the opportunity of being on a floating resort, told to cruise on another line, etc, etc.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

You can easily block seeing the trolls with your Ignored Users tab.

Also, if someone is violating the forum rules you can report them to the moderators with the "report post" link.  If they are reported enough they can be banned.  Of course they usually come back with a new user name, but they lose their high post count.

Do agree that Princess enforcement of dress code is spotty, at best.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

With the Title WHY WHY WHY you don’t know it’s redundant until you click on it

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the WHY WHY WHY post being redundant.  I was wondering why the OP cared about the formal night dress code posts.   If I see anything about clothes and dress code, I just don't click on it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kansas Gal said:

don't the mods make a sticky for dress code? I'll admit I don't usually read them anymore, same people defending their personal preferences sometimes even to the point of insulting those not agreeing with them.  I did today look at the last page of the current one (there is always at least one on page 1) and again same thing, none directly replying to OP.  There is even one admitting he make up something, basically to annoy others.  While this erodes his credibility (especially since according to his profile he has only done one princess cruise), it also makes one wonder how many others are doing the same thing to "prove" they are right.  Until Princess takes a firm stand one way or the other, and enforces it, there will continue to be this animosity among those here.

Simply because people are inquiring about an individual ship and each ship can enforce their dress code according to their own preference. The dress code may also vary with the decision of the Maitre D' on that ship & they also more around quite frequently. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kansas Gal said:

.  Until Princess takes a firm stand one way or the other, and enforces it, there will continue to be this animosity among those here.

Celebrity no longer has formal night. It's called Evening Chic and left to interpretation.  There are still dress code debates on that board. Royal Caribbean still calls them formal nights but they are anything but, with shorts for men being allowed on any given night. Yet the debate goes on with folks reporting a % of those in a tux and a % of those not wearing a jacket or tie. The % always is high for whatever dress code they are pushing. The reality is that nobody cares except for the people on Cruise Critic. There are dress code stickies on all of the boards and yet someone has to stir the pot.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Just wait until you complain about something you didn't like on your cruise. You''ll be mocked, shamed for not being grateful for the opportunity of being on a floating resort, told to cruise on another line, etc, etc.

You left out any day on a cruise ship is better than being at work...🤮  Any day at home is better than being at work.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I have told you a million times not to exaggerate. 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Mikado said:

Because, for all intents and purposes, there are no longer any dress codes. 

Hi Mikado,

What you say be may true? But don’t forget you told me you were going to get a White Dinner Jacket. 😁 

Like the one I have on. See photo 😁😁😁😁

Tony 

1F237F3E-29E4-4B3F-B6B9-87F5012038F1.jpeg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mikado,

What you say be may true? But don’t forget you told me you were going to get a White Dinner Jacket. 😁 

Like the one I have on. See photo 😁😁😁😁Tony

Oh, I’m getting one, all right. Have it in time for our January cruise. 

It’ll be just like Rick Blaine. 

Edited by The Mikado
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mikado,

Tony 

If only I could get one like that the soon to be wife, believes they are not for me and are not classy... women are strange because she tells me that there are no "that doesnt work for me" when I say it unless it is a white dinner jacket because of her thoughts about them.

I wish to one day look as dapper as you good sir.

15 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mikado,

Tony 

1F237F3E-29E4-4B3F-B6B9-87F5012038F1.jpeg

Uou look good Tony !  I personally love Formal Nights and all the dressing for the occasion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toads45froggy said:

If only I could get one like that the soon to be wife, believes they are not for me and are not classy... women are strange because she tells me that there are no "that doesnt work for me" when I say it unless it is a white dinner jacket because of her thoughts about them.

I wish to one day look as dapper as you good sir.

You can’t make them happy no matter how much you try sometimes. Just kidding 😁

My wife likes the black Tux on me. That’s why I always take both with me on the cruise.

See photo. 

6 hours ago, New Cruiser Girl 2 said:

Uou look good Tony !  I personally love Formal Nights and all the dressing for the occasion. 

Hi Cruise Girl 2,
Thanks for complement. I totally agree with you I also love Formal Nights. I don’t care what others are wearing. For me it will always be a tux on formal nights. One day I might wear my favorite Tux. See photo 😁

2B416424-C2AD-45E6-8EC3-6F8DD9C8758E.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Haha 1