Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve noticed a couple of other changes from the Royal & Regal.

The Tea Tower by the IC is gone & haven’t seen any promotion of a Royal Tea ($10; $20 with a glass of bubbly).

The Crab Shack has been replaced by some evenings of Planks (BBQ) and Steamers (Seafood) at the aft end of the buffet - $12

The lack of promoting drinks in the MDR is an improvement...no offering wine tastings or after dinner drinks.

Haven’t seen any Curtis Stone items on the MDR menu since early in our 28 day cruise.

Glad to hear they aren’t promoting the drinks in the MDR.  But disappointment to hear that there’s been no promotion of the Royal tea.  I enjoyed the included afternoon tea in the MDR but tried the Royal tea when we were on the Royal last April and thought it was a special treat and well done.  

Had to bounce this from page 3 back to page 1.

Lot's of talk about what was going to happen once the Sky got to Fort Lauderdale since Princess added another inaugural cruise on 12/1. Had a bunch of 12/4 folks unhappy. Then Princess said naming ceremony was going to take place on the 7th and all of us on the 12/7 cruise were wondering what they would do with us since Princess moved embarkation to 2pm.

Well Princess has sent emails to all the folks doing  the 12/4-12/7 b2b inviting them to the naming ceremony and a gala lunch afterword's. Now I feel like I should pack my tux.

2 hours ago, Geobugs said:

Cielo and/or Estrella - which was the 5:00pm and 7:15pm seatings?

Cielo:  5:30 & 7:45

Estrella:  5:15;  Anytime - 7:30 to 9:30

Soleil:  Anytime - 5:00 to 9:00

That’s been the dining times since we boarded on 11/3.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On board now. It is a beautiful ship.I have the unlimited internet and it is fabulous. Only one day where the internet wasn't working.

I am very disappointed in the lack of production shows,. We are on for 28 days. Only show performed was Rock Opera (In theatre) and the muppet show in Vista lounge. There is suppose to be another show that is also new but hasn't been done yet. We were on the Caribbean Princess in August and they had 5 shows in the 16 days we were on board with fabulous special affects. If Princess is still trying to get the kinks out of these new shows, they should at least tell us. The nightly entertainment with single performers have been good but   we do love production shows and this ship is a disappointment.

No library on board (as you all know by now) but they did have a library book cart the first week we were on (week of Nov 3)and was fortunate to snag several books.Good thing I did because  it wasn't offered again. I have been trading books with friends as we finish each one.There was a book exchange offered that was just passengers trading books for 1/2 hour. With all these sea days, a library was really missed.Someone said you can go to passenger services and ask for books. When a friend did that, there were 4 books offered.

There is music on board we enjoy, food is wonderful, and we are traveling with great friends.I am just pointing out the things that are lacking.The itinerary has been great. The tours both private and through Princess were good  and we have memories to cherish.

Thank you Colo cruiser for all the great photos you posted.I still haven't walked around and done that yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would those of you on the Sky mind posting what your Muster station is (the letter) and the location? There's a bunch of us going on the 1st & 4th what are curious where we'll be. It show us the Muster station letter in the Medallion App, but, not where it actually is.

Thanks (I hope)...

4 hours ago, CastleRockCruiser said:

Regarding dining options, have they offered Pub Lunch during your cruise? Or has that also disappeared like the Royal Tea?

They’ve had the Pub Lunch twice since boarding on 11/3...sea days on 11/22 & 11/25 during the transatlantic portion of the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

San Diego Sue, we thought the shows on the Caribbean Princess were probably the best quality And talent we Have seen on a ship.  

Has anyone asked the cruise director why there are so few Production shows?  I’m on the Sky in January and hoping this isn’t the case the case.  

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

1 hour ago, sunsetbeachgal said:

San Diego Sue, we thought the shows on the Caribbean Princess were probably the best quality And talent we Have seen on a ship.  

Has anyone asked the cruise director why there are so few Production shows?  I’m on the Sky in January and hoping this isn’t the case the case.  

They are doing a dress rehearsal of a new one today. 

4 hours ago, sunsetbeachgal said:

I asked him a couple of days ago.  5-Skies was supposed to premiere tonight (Thanksgiving), but it’s not...maybe tomorrow?  They will be adding one more production show in April next year...I forgot the name of it 😒.   Sky Princess will have 4 shows... Rock Opera, 5-Skies, Jim Henson’s Inspired Silliness (Vista Lounge show) and the other one that will be added next year.