Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Each terminal at FLL has a luggage storage facility in the arrivals area.  Check out www.bagstogo.net.

Well, that's good to know!

Not sure I'd go all the way and leave again, but if I had a late flight I definitely would!

Thanks,

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Apparently EZ Check is not available upon our arrival in Ft Lauderdale. 🙁

That totally stinks.  

Found this on FLL''s website.

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

Terminal Hours Days*
1 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Saturday and Sunday 

Located in the Baggage Claim Level (Lower Level) across from the bathrooms by Baggage Claim Carousel 1.

2 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

Seven days a week 

Located next to the Business Service Center on the Departures Level (Upper Level) near the TSA checkpoint entrance.

3 9 a.m. - 5:30 p. m.

Saturday and Sunday 

Located in the Baggage Claim Level (Lower Level) across from Baggage Claim Carousels 4 and 5.

4 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

Saturday and Sunday

Located in the Baggage Claim Level (Lower Level) next to the Spirit Baggage Service Office.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would assume this is the company. Looks like you can make a reservation to have your bags held.

https://bagstogo.net/florida/product/fort-lauderdale-baggage-storage/

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

I haven't quite understood why they don't make one end deeper & the other shallow enough to stand in. 

Those stairs do get crowded at times.

Not a problem on the Sky. Looks like they eliminated the stairs and just have a ladder.

I’ve noticed a couple of other changes from the Royal & Regal.

The Tea Tower by the IC is gone & haven’t seen any promotion of a Royal Tea ($10; $20 with a glass of bubbly).

The Crab Shack has been replaced by some evenings of Planks (BBQ) and Steamers (Seafood) at the aft end of the buffet - $12

The lack of promoting drinks in the MDR is an improvement...no offering wine tastings or after dinner drinks.

Haven’t seen any Curtis Stone items on the MDR menu since early in our 28 day cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I wonder why the tea tower was removed.

I never saw it being used in our combined 2+ months on the Royal/Regal.  However obviously that’s merely my experiences.  My guess is it was underutilized & not cost effective for Princess.

The Gelato’s menu change was apparently an effort to increase sales but had the opposite affect on us.  I think the quality of the Swirl’s soft serve ice cream has improved & is back to a milk chocolate flavor.  Sometimes they have chocolate, caramel or strawberry sauce which I get on the ice cream in their juice sized reusable plastic cups.  The MDR only has a different nightly sorbet flavor but no variety for ice cream or gelato on the dessert menu.  I discovered that I can get a scoop of ice cream/gelato that’s included in other desserts to have some variety. 👍

Edited by Astro Flyer

16 hours ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

Keith, I never did like Princess Live from the Royal. 

While I liked Princess Live more than most seem to, the new design is a vast improvement over the previous layout. I noticed though , that here isn’t any seating at the Princess Live bar. On Royal & Regal, it was nice to stop & relax at prior to events in PL.

Keith, I again want to thank you for allowing us to follow along. Great photos & comments, not to mention all the questions answered!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtfasls said:

Thank you for all the information, could you please let me know where the smoking areas are on the ship?  On the Regal and Royal there was a large area on 17 but I see on the Sky it is something else.

Thanks

I already posted photos of deck 17?

The Areas are pretty much the same.