Breakfast At Guy's Burgers!

cmichael1279

For those people who don't like burgers or just don't like them in the morning, it looks like there are two additional options:

• Prime Time Turkey: Turkey breakfast sausage patty, maple gravy, provolone, crispy bacon and hashbrown patty, maple donkey sauce on a French toast bun
  • Good Morning Morgan: Roasted vegetable frittata patty, tomato, hashbrown patty and a liberal slathering of maple donkey sauce on a toasted bun.

If someone is at Guy's getting a breakfast item, they are not in the lido or dining room.  That slightly reduces the crowds in those areas.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It simply is yet another option for food on lido.  Love when people pan it before trying or even seeing it. 

Jimbo, I am panning the breakfast offerings, despite the taste. The combinations of food are not appealing for breakfast IMHO. I like a more traditional breakfast

22 minutes ago, coevan said:

Jimbo, I am panning the breakfast offerings, despite the taste. The combinations of food are not appealing for breakfast IMHO. I like a more traditional breakfast

Since you're in the industry and based upon your previous postings, a "foodie", you would gravitate towards more traditional options.  Options are a good thing and in 13 months I will be looking forward to enjoying a Prime Time Turkey.  French Toast Bun sounds great and I may even ask them to add an over easy egg to the sandwich for me so the yolk can ooze and be absorbed by the hash brown patty.

I'm hoping they don't decided to close Guy's at 2:30pm/3:30pm like they do Blue Iguana since they are now doing breakfast hours.

Menu looks meh to me but I guess you could always have them make you a regular burger for breakfast.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Your fallback of " moving on " is when you're waving a white flag. Seasons Greetings and Happy Cruises, Jim

Im trying to not get slapped on the wrist, same to you.  😉   Need to pick tour battles anyway.  In withdrawal, not going to The Panorama naming ceremony.  😢

Edited by jimbo5544

45 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

For those people who don't like burgers or just don't like them in the morning, it looks like there are two additional options:

• Good Morning Morgan: Roasted vegetable frittata patty, tomato, hashbrown patty and a liberal slathering of maple donkey sauce on a toasted bun.

I may give this a go but rather than a liberal slathering of donkey sauce I will request a conservative drizzle of sauce if they'll let me 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

I may give this a go but rather than a liberal slathering of donkey sauce I will request a conservative drizzle of sauce if they'll let me 🙂

Wonder if it will be available on the side.  

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Not quite. Options are a good thing. How each venue is perceived is in the eye and experience of the beholder. 

I'm sure this will be popular with many. We don't eat hamburger so it won't be a good option for us. 

2 of the 4 new menu items don’t have hamburger as an ingredient.

5 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

2 of the 4 new menu items don’t have hamburger as an ingredient.

I actually think both the turkey sausage and the veggie frittata patty things sound interesting, and worth giving a shot, especially at no extra charge. But would rather have regular donkey sauce than maple, so may ask to sub. Not a big sweets person. 

4 hours ago, NightOne said:

I'm hoping they don't decided to close Guy's at 2:30pm/3:30pm like they do Blue Iguana since they are now doing breakfast hours.

I agree.  3:00 PM to 6:00 PM is a dead zone for food service on Carnival: the lunch is already done, but the dinner is long way off.  Currently, Guy's Burgers fills that time slot pretty well.  If Guy's changes its schedule to parallel Blue Iguana Cantina, all that's left will be the pizzeria.  I can see it all now: long lines of hangry people, like late at night.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

all that's left will be the pizzeria.  I can see it all now: long lines of hangry people, like late at night.

Room service has free sandwiches with chips and pretzels during these hours. Sometimes we watch a movie in the afternoon and order in.

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

I thought Guys was open until 6pm ?

It is now.  NightOne was worried that Guy's might start closing at 3:00 PM if they add breakfast service.

4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Room service has free sandwiches with chips and pretzels during these hours. Sometimes we watch a movie in the afternoon and order in.

True.  But I don't want to go back to my cabin just to order an afternoon snack.  Will room service deliver a sandwich to the lido deck?  Oh wait, I forgot all about the deli.  Never mind. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Nope, this is not a place for politics.

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thank goodness

It was for humor, folks! ☺️  I mean, with those words in the post, it was asking for a pun.  Although I'm sure if I made the same joke to the line cooks working at Guy's, they probably wouldn't get the reference.  Even the UK defines those words differently.

Alright, back on topic.  I'd be more willing to give Guy's a shot at breakfast if they had something like McGriddles and made them smaller than the burgers.  It probably wouldn't require much additional labor or equipment to make those things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

It was for humor, folks! ☺️  I mean, with those words in the post, it was asking for a pun.  Although I'm sure if I made the same joke to the line cooks working at Guy's, they probably wouldn't get the reference.  Even the UK defines those words differently.

Alright, back on topic.  I'd be more willing to give Guy's a shot at breakfast if they had something like McGriddles and made them smaller than the burgers.  It probably wouldn't require much additional labor or equipment to make those things.

Will def try it, not sure I could ever make it a staple, but as been said here several times, options are a good thing.