new sale in cruise planner

bebe08

I just saw this post and went to my cruise planner. You are correct, they are having a sale. However one item that caught my eye was a 10% off on Murano (not first night). They had the price reflecting this 10% discount listed as $49.50. When I was taught math (things may have changed since way back then😜) 10% of $50 is $5, so the price should be $45. $49.50 is 1% of $50 according to my calculations.

I booked some excursions the other day when someone mentioned that they were on sale, but not reflected as such. I saved quite a bit. Fast forward to today....the “sale” prices are the same as the prices that I got a few days ago. There was also a “sale” price for one excursion that is about $10 more than previously. 🤭

39 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I booked some excursions the other day when someone mentioned that they were on sale, but not reflected as such. I saved quite a bit. Fast forward to today....the “sale” prices are the same as the prices that I got a few days ago. There was also a “sale” price for one excursion that is about $10 more than previously. 🤭

Exactly why you have to track the actual prices you see from time to time and not depend on the misleading percentage off signs you see.

• Like 1

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Weirdly, excursions already showing for my 7/21 cruise are 10% off, while those for my 2/21 cruise are not at any discount. LOL. 

Just reflects how well each cruise is tracking against their sales targets I suspect.

• Like 1

Unlimited digital photo package is half off...was $200, now $100..I think you can download the pics on the ship and also have them emailed to you....this is for an Edge sailing on 3/29

Edited by PTC DAWG

Just now, Mark_T said:

Just reflects how well each cruise is tracking against their sales targets I suspect.

Pretty sure the 2/21 one is not done having excursions added as the Tortola stop only lists 5 right now and NONE are to Jost Van Dyke OR to the Baths - which are the most popular spots to hit - and Barbados only lists one excursion. So that could have something to do with it as well.

We saw new excursions being added right up until about two weeks from sailing on our current cruise.

Prices on the ones that were there varied almost weekly within the last 6-8 weeks.

Mode it quite a game to keep checking but saved a lot of cash as aresult.

• Like 1

On my January Edge cruise you have to click "view all" at the bottom of the listed excursions to see the complete list. Not sure if this is for all dates. My booked horseback riding excursion wasn't showing until I clicked the view all tab. Tortola shows about 15 excursions including 2 for Jost Van Dyke.

Edited by tartan cruiser

The sale yesterday was 30% off what I previously paid for 2 excursion on Eq in April although not marked as a discount. I saved $120 only because somebody posted about it, and so I went back to compare my order history with the new list prices.Thx to all who save us $$$!

I also saw a note on these boards to check excursion prices.  On Monday (Cyber????), I checked the four excursions I had previously booked on my 3/15/2020 12 night Silhouette cruise to the Southern Caribbean.  I canceled and rebooked all four excursions, identical to the ones I canceled, and saved $154 for my wife and I.  

We are taking the same 12 night cruise in March, 2021 on the Equinox, and the prices for those excursions remain at the regular prices, that is, no discount.

Everyone is correct in that you need to keep checking your booking to see if prices are being reduced.  That includes the price you paid for the cruise itself, as well as excursions, etc. 

The March 15, 2020 cruise is just a week or two away from final payment, so that maybe is why they reduced the excursion prices to generate interest.  Prior to last weekend, there were many cabins available on this sailing.  Now, everything is pretty much gone.  The cruise prices dropped pretty dramatically last weekend, so people must have jumped on the "sale".  However, even the sale prices were higher than what we paid when we booked this cruise more than one year ago.  

A follow up to what I noted above.

Strange!!!!  When I looked at the website yesterday (Tuesday), all veranda and concierge cabins were sold out for the 3/15/2020 cruise.  Only guarantees were available.  And the cost of the concierge guarantee with three perks was around $6,000 for two people.  

When I look on-line today, there are many cabins available, and the price for a C2 specific concierge cabin has risen to almost $11,000 (with only two perks), which is what it was priced at before the "sale" last weekend.  

Can't figure it out.  Were there really rooms available yesterday, even though they said only guarantees, so they could book them, albeit a lower "sale" price, but since it is a guarantee, they could put you anywhere they wanted in that concierge category.

Just saying.  

I booked all my excursions on Monday when the sale prices first appeared, and they remained the same on Wednesday when the sale marketing began.  I was hoping for a discount on dining as well, but those prices appear unchanged.  Drinks and internet are on sale but I already have all 4 perks.

I booked a few excursions for our April Edge cruise yesterday.  Today when I checked the cruise planner, it said "Up to 20% off specialty dining... save now!"  I clicked the link, but none of the prices are discounted.

Only four of the 155 excursions on our Alaska cruise in August 2020 are on sale (two of these are the ship tours).  There are also deals for photography, dining, drinks packages, etc.  I printed out the shore excursion guide in September, and prices look about the same.  The excursions and other deals were highlighted in pink - have others found that more excursions have gone on sale as the week has progressed?

4 hours ago, Lilikins said:

I got the email that there is a sale but when I go into my cruise planner all of the prices still appear to be the same. Those that do see a price difference does it just show it when it’s in your cart?

Not all have discounts at this time. My Summit 2/21 cruise they are not discounted - or hopefully even all up yet! My Edge 7/21 cruise those that are up are only 10%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilikins said:

I got the email that there is a sale but when I go into my cruise planner all of the prices still appear to be the same. Those that do see a price difference does it just show it when it’s in your cart?

I haven't received an email but usual wording is to say savings up to x for selected items.  This time my cruise planner clearly shows discounted and original pricing for the specific sale items and indeed what you see is what you get!  Not everything is discounted in this sale, so if it's not flagged up then there is no difference in price.