Seaside Yacht Club Inclusions Updated

Esv104

Hello. Getting ready for a February cruise.. Had read in past the idea of Gelato, crepes, zip line, minibar etc. no longer being included. I know zip line is not. Wondering if anybody who booked when it was included was granted that perk. So, was hoping anybody on board in recent weeks can confirm what is still included and if changes have been made. Thanks

On Seaside currently. Booked in February 2019 

Mini-bar, as normal/expected/same as past cruises is included, will be refilled as needed or at request.  

Gelato and crepes still included 

Drinks at Venchi up to $12 covered 

As you booked so far in advance, you should - should! - still have actual champagne, ie Nicholas Feuillate, included/covered, but it may take some serious arguing to get it.  Prosecco is most definitely covered.  There's no champagne $12 and under really 

So, essentially there hasn't been any real changes to Seaside YC - yet. Other ships have their own quirks, inclusions, etc. For instance, Seaview doesn't include gelato or crepes, even though it's the sister ship, Venchi is the vendor, etc. Random, but there you go.

Have a fantastic time. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to a report on the Seaside on the Jan 4th cruise in the YC.  A month ago the Seaside YC director said the gelato would be gone in January.  We have our next cruise Jan 11th.  I hope that was bad information.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:59 AM, George C said:

We upgraded our drink package for 17 a day, which then covers all drinks , high end champagne, twenty plus year old scotch, really high end cognac. Not really needed unless you really prefer extremely high end stuff. 

Hi GeorgeC

We plan to upgrade. I contacted our TA to handle this - she didn't see it in her system - so she is calling

Did you do it prior to sailing? Or onboard? If we wait and do it onboard-- do we have to get the concierge in YC to change or sail cards/bands to be sure the prem + package is scanned into our account/tracker?

TYIA

19 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Hi GeorgeC

We plan to upgrade. I contacted our TA to handle this - she didn't see it in her system - so she is calling

Did you do it prior to sailing? Or onboard? If we wait and do it onboard-- do we have to get the concierge in YC to change or sail cards/bands to be sure the prem + package is scanned into our account/tracker?

TYIA

Our travel agent had problems trying to get us upgraded, we upgraded on first day in bar in YC bartender can explain package and will add a sticker to your sail card, we had one false charge that concierge took care of, concierge is always there at desk at entrance to YC on deck 16 on seaside. Not a bad idea to ask concierge every day or so for print of current charges on your account. We really enjoyed the upscale choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAGSMFC said:

We will be sailing very soon in the Yacht Club and wondered if you get any laundry or dry cleaning at a discount price.  If not does anyone have any prices for dry cleaning etc.

Many thanks

No laundry discounts for YC passengers. I do not remember their pricing and we have never used it. 

1 hour ago, ranchette said:

I am also wondering about the laundry prices.

It's usually better to pre-purchase a laundry package.  You can see the per item prices below from Meraviglia last month.  This form was filled out for using the 40 piece package when not in YC where it needed to be turned in all at once.  If you are in YC it will be expedited based on the cabin number and your butler/steward will usually allow one or two smaller loads.Laundry.thumb.jpg.671b83dd3cea6d5ee20f67dd2890670b.jpg

4 hours ago, George C said:

Our travel agent had problems trying to get us upgraded, we upgraded on first day in bar in YC bartender can explain package and will add a sticker to your sail card, we had one false charge that concierge took care of, concierge is always there at desk at entrance to YC on deck 16 on seaside. Not a bad idea to ask concierge every day or so for print of current charges on your account. We really enjoyed the upscale choices. 

TY

Our TA tells me to upgrade is an online thing and $32 pp pd...all of which I know is wrong....It is $17 pp pd and because there is no option in our planners

Will do it at YC bar on first morning

TY

fogfog

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 10:59 PM, reedprincess said:

On Seaside currently. Booked in February 2019 

Mini-bar, as normal/expected/same as past cruises is included, will be refilled as needed or at request.  

Gelato and crepes still included 

Drinks at Venchi up to $12 covered 

As you booked so far in advance, you should - should! - still have actual champagne, ie Nicholas Feuillate, included/covered, but it may take some serious arguing to get it.  Prosecco is most definitely covered.  There's no champagne $12 and under really 

So, essentially there hasn't been any real changes to Seaside YC - yet. Other ships have their own quirks, inclusions, etc. For instance, Seaview doesn't include gelato or crepes, even though it's the sister ship, Venchi is the vendor, etc. Random, but there you go.

Have a fantastic time. 

Was on Seaview in September in YC and gelato was included. Nothing else at Venchi was covered though.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 8:59 AM, George C said:

We upgraded our drink package for 17 a day, which then covers all drinks , high end champagne, twenty plus year old scotch, really high end cognac. Not really needed unless you really prefer extremely high end stuff. 

DH & I are in the YC, upgraded since the cost on a 7 day was doable. We wanted to try the high end stuff 😁.

2 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

DH & I are in the YC, upgraded since the cost on a 7 day was doable. We wanted to try the high end stuff 😁.

We're sailing in YC on Seaside in April, and if it's still the reasonable $17/day upgrade, we're probably going to do it too. 

• Like 1

CSR wouldn't upgrade our drink package from premium under YC to plus for our upcoming Divina cruise. She said it's not allowed. She claims the previous CSR should not have done it  under our Mera booking. 

She put me on hold & consulted with her supervisor. I was worried she was going to take it away on my Mera cruise..She said they weren't going to remove it but now I'm worried since this is MSC 🙄.

She said YC was already the best. I explained their was a $17 difference between the plans.

Anyone upgrade in the last few days?

44 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

CSR wouldn't upgrade our drink package from premium under YC to plus for our upcoming Divina cruise. She said it's not allowed. She claims the previous CSR should not have done it  under our Mera booking. 

She put me on hold & consulted with her supervisor. I was worried she was going to take it away on my Mera cruise..She said they weren't going to remove it but now I'm worried since this is MSC 🙄.

She said YC was already the best. I explained their was a $17 difference between the plans.

Anyone upgrade in the last few days?

I was able to upgrade  from the YC drink package to the Premium Plus this past week.  At first the CSR didn't see the upgrade but than she did find it.  I upgraded it for both of my Meraviglia cruises that I have booked. 

2 minutes ago, dolphin1313 said:

I was able to upgrade  from the YC drink package to the Premium Plus this past week.  At first the CSR didn't see the upgrade but than she did find it.  I upgraded it for both of my Meraviglia cruises that I have booked. 

Thanks for the reply. She wouldn't even use the code from Mera cruise on the Divina. 

I'm going to try again after we get back from our Feb cruise.