Move over offer 6 Jan Cruise

tourismtessy

Just got the coveted move over offer for our cruise departing on Monday.  We are in a Caribe balcony (bigger balcony) on the Crown Princess and received the move over to an oceanview for 100% refundable onboard credit (cost of cruise).  Considering it but know I need to act fast!  Any opinions?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tourismtessy said:

Just got the coveted move over offer for our cruise departing on Monday.  We are in a Caribe balcony (bigger balcony) on the Crown Princess and received the move over to an oceanview for 100% refundable onboard credit (cost of cruise).  Considering it but know I need to act fast!  Any opinions?

I'd take it and run before they take it back.

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I would have taken it instantly.

They sent me an email with a number to call.  The number is a voicemail that asks for your information and says they will call you back in the order received and within 2 business days.  Since its Friday, and our cruise is Monday, there is only a few hours left in the day today for them to call me back.  Will definitely take it if they call me but not disappointed if they don't.  Looking forward to our Caribe balcony.  I'll keep you posted if I hear back from Princess.

20 minutes ago, flyers1976 said:

I got that email too.  So, if the cruise is sold out, how are there cabins to move to?  

Last minute cancellations maybe? They will try to fill every cabin if they can.

Theo

On 1/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, rocklinmom said:

Heck yah I'd take it...and it's an oceanview not interior, so win win. The Plaza deck cabins are a great location. 

I like the plaza deck cabins.

But on plaza, the upper berths are mounted on the walls, and are quite intrusive.

Additionally, as you go further forward, there isn't enough width for two nightstands, so there is a single one that is wider than normal.

This is fine if you have twin beds.

If you have a queen bed with an aisle on each side, you can not open the drawers in the nightstand.

We’re on the Crown on January 26 and we’re dying to hear how this works out for the OP.    We received three offers for our August, 2019 Regal Baltic cruise (one Move Over and two Move Down), but didn’t take any of them.  We were too interested in taking the cruise.  The Caribbean, however, is a different story.  We would certainly be interested in accepting an offer for this cruise.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 5:35 PM, tourismtessy said:

I did as soon as I saw the email (which was actually 3 hours after it was sent, so I may have missed the boat--no pun intended).

How did you make out with the offer?

4 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

With these offers you really do not have time to debate and post here. You need to take the offer or not take the offer as soon as you get it. Princess is making lots of calls and offers and it is only valid until someone else says yes to this offer.

Helpful criticism, in no way whatsoever

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

I never received a call back from Princess so we were in our Caribe balcony for the cruise.  Just got back yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed our time onboard and were happy to have been in our balcony cabin.

Lucky you didn't take the offer. I probably wouldn't give up the Caribe balcony.

16 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Sorry if the truth hurts

It's not that the truth hurts; it's that there was nothing helpful in your post. They had already been on their cruise, done deal. No need to criticize.

• Like 1