NO GO FOR A PRE -ARRANGED MEET AND MINGLE

I have been compiling a list of people on my roll call that want to be included in a meet and mingle. I found the contact info on cruise critic. I called the customer service number and was told that Princess does not plan Cruise Critic meet and mingles. I sent an email to the executive office to confirm. I got a call this morning from them and was told that they do not do this. The only way to have a meet and mingle is to get on the ship and plan it then. For me that doesn't work. I need to arrange ahead of time so i can inform my fellow cruisers of the time and place. I have arranged numerous meet and greets in the past with other cruise lines and they have been very accommodating. (NCL does it the best). 

Just wanted to let everyone know so you don't waste time planning a meet and mingle. 

• Haha 1

Every one of these I've been involved with, the people on the Roll Call take it upon themselves to plan, who, what, when and where.  Rarely has there been any involvement from Princess.  I recall one time they sent a minor officer by to say hello.  In my experience, this is a DIY endeavor.

24 minutes ago, canadian cruise queen said:

I have been compiling a list of people on my roll call that want to be included in a meet and mingle. I found the contact info on cruise critic. I called the customer service number and was told that Princess does not plan Cruise Critic meet and mingles. I sent an email to the executive office to confirm. I got a call this morning from them and was told that they do not do this. The only way to have a meet and mingle is to get on the ship and plan it then. For me that doesn't work. I need to arrange ahead of time so i can inform my fellow cruisers of the time and place. I have arranged numerous meet and greets in the past with other cruise lines and they have been very accommodating. (NCL does it the best). 

Just wanted to let everyone know so you don't waste time planning a meet and mingle. 

Your information is incorrect.

Customer Service has nothing to do with it.

It has been done by roll call members for years.

Princess does not plan anything and never have.

They just provide a venue/time.

It is up to you to plan etc.

Call the contact below for your ship to arrange the venue/time.

Use these coordinators to schedule an onboard event.

Updated 11/12/19

SHIP

GROUP SERVICE AGENT

EMAIL

Caribbean Princess

Coleen Reyes

creyes@princesscruises.com

Coral Princess

Bernadine Grayr

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Crown Princess

Jodi Rudolph

jrudolph@princesscruises.com

Diamond Princess

Diana Hall

dhall@princesscruises.com

Emerald Princess

Lawrence Andrada

landrada@princesscruises.com

Enchanted Princess

Craig Blish

cblish@princesscruises.com

Golden Princess

Jan James

jjames@princesscruises.com

Grand Princess

Jenny Streeck

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Island Princess

Diana Hall

Majestic Princess

Jan James

Pacific Princess

Jodi Rudolph

Regal Princess

Bernadine Grayr

Royal Princess

Darlene Howell

dhowell@princesscruises.com

Ruby Princess

Craig Blish

cblish@princess.com

Sapphire Princess

Jenny Streeck

Sea Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Sky Princess

Jan James

Star Princess

Diana Hall

Sun Princess

Lawrence Andrada

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Princess does not coordinate Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle.  They do Meet and Greet.  It has nothing to do with cruise critic.  Hopefully someone here will post the contact info.  All Princess will do is give you a time and room  (usually first sea day).  It is up to someone on the roll call to send invites to the officers which you can get their names from the patters when you board.  Just bring invites, address them. and give them to Passenger Services. 

17 minutes ago, canadian cruise queen said:

I ran a Meet & Greet on a recent cruise.  My contact at princess arranged the venue.  I invited many of the staff, and it was well attended, from the Captain to the staff Captain, Maitre D, etc.  I can locate the name of the Princess contact if you tell me the ship.  I will also give you a list of all I invited, as well as a sample name tag.  I did not involve cruise critic.  

I addressed the envelopes with title only.  I included a form letter as well.  Stay away form the term Meet and Mingle - Princess does not use it.

Edited by MixerDave
  • Thanks 1

As Mixer Dave stated above, this is similar to our cruise last year on the Caribbean Princess.  The gentleman from our Roll Call who organized the Meet & Greet arranged with the contact person for the ship to set up the event, which in our case was held in Skywalker's on the 1st sea day.  He invited the staff members, many of whom did attend, including the Captain, who gave a very interesting talk.  We also had a shot glass exchange for a fun activity and ended up with a good turnout from our roll call members.

Don't give up, you just need to be more proactive when arranging a Meet & Greet on Princess.

Edited by Cruzinnana47

9 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

I ran a Meet & Greet on a recent cruise.  My contact at princess arranged the venue.  I invited many of the staff, and it was well attended, from the Captain to the staff Captain, Maitre D, etc.  I can locate the name of the Princess contact if you tell me the ship.  I will also give you a list of all I invited, as well as a sample name tag.  I did not involve cruise critic.  

I addressed the envelopes with title only.  I included a form letter as well.  Stay away form the term Meet and Mingle - Princess does not use it.

Thanks that would be great. Whenever I have arranged with other cruise lines it was always a cruise critic meet and greet (mingle). I didn't realize it was not that with Princess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm sailing on the Majestic Princess.

Again, thanks, Evelyn 

35 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Updated 11/12/19

SHIP

GROUP SERVICE AGENT

EMAIL

Caribbean Princess

Coleen Reyes

Coral Princess

Bernadine Grayr

Crown Princess

Jodi Rudolph

Diamond Princess

Diana Hall

Emerald Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Enchanted Princess

Craig Blish

Golden Princess

Jan James

Grand Princess

Jenny Streeck

Island Princess

Diana Hall

Majestic Princess

Jan James

Pacific Princess

Jodi Rudolph

Regal Princess

Bernadine Grayr

Royal Princess

Darlene Howell

Ruby Princess

Craig Blish

cblish@princess.com

Sapphire Princess

Jenny Streeck

Sea Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Sky Princess

Jan James

Star Princess

Diana Hall

Sun Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Thank you so much for the help. I have never done a meet and greet with princess. I looked up how to arrange it on cruise critic and that was the information that was given for Princess.

When I did the NCL meet and greet recently cruise critic had the contact for them so I just assumed the info for Princess was correct.

I will contact the person directly. 

Cheers, Evelyn 

• Like 1

You have to do this yourself. It is in your hands. Cruise Critic is not involved and the information provided by Cruise Critic is not accurate for Princess.

Find out how many people on your roll call plan to attend. When you reach 25 call the Princess rep. in post #4. Suggest day & time which is usually the first sea day in the morning around 10 or so. The Princess rep. will arrange to reserve a venue, nothing more and maybe bar staff if requested. Inform your roll call of the day, time and venue. If you wish to have ship's officers attend prepare invitations. Once on board and the officers are known address them and drop them off at passenger services. During the M&G there is to be no group wide announcements regarding private excursions, collections of monies, etc. You can discuss ship activities such as slot pulls and other group participation in the ship's on board activities.

1 hour ago, canadian cruise queen said:

Thanks that would be great. Whenever I have arranged with other cruise lines it was always a cruise critic meet and greet (mingle). I didn't realize it was not that with Princess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm sailing on the Majestic Princess.

Again, thanks, Evelyn 

Here is your contact for the Majestic 

Majestic Princess

Jan James

I will send you the other info tomorrow - be sure to request a microphone

I have set up a few Meet & Mingles and when I e-mailed the specific contact person for the ship I always used the term Meet and Mingle and I never had a problem getting a venue onboard and bartender assigned.  I always invited certain ship's officers and the Captain and Cruise Director always showed up along with Head Chef, Head of hotel ops and others.  Mentioning Cruise Critic helps because it carries some weight with Princess and I was told this by a Captain at one of the M&Ms.  Whether you call it a Meet & Greet or a Meet & Mingle really doesn't matter, what's is important in my experience is mentioning Cruise Critic.  Trust me, they'll know what it is.

Usually you get some dry bar snacks for munchies and a bartender for a 'cash' bar.  Premium Beverage Package will not cover any beverages at the M&M.  It was a good Idea to request a microphone if you will have a large group.  After that, you're on your own how you manage it.  I usually asked the Cruise Director off to the side if he would kindly introduce the various officers.  Again I never had a problem there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MixerDave said:

I addressed the envelopes with title only.  I included a form letter as well.  Stay away form the term Meet and Mingle - Princess does not use 

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have set up a few Meet & Mingles and when I e-mailed the specific contact person for the ship I always used the term Meet and Mingle and I never had a problem getting a venue onboard and bartender assigned.  I always invited certain ship's officers and the Captain and Cruise Director always showed up along with Head Chef, Head of hotel ops and others.  Mentioning Cruise Critic helps because it carries some weight with Princess and I was told this by a Captain at one of the M&Ms.  Whether you call it a Meet & Greet or a Meet & Mingle really doesn't matter, what's is important in my experience is mentioning Cruise Critic.  Trust me, they'll know what it is.

Usually you get some dry bar snacks for munchies and a bartender for a 'cash' bar.  Premium Beverage Package will not cover any beverages at the M&M.  It was a good Idea to request a microphone if you will have a large group.  After that, you're on your own how you manage it.  I usually asked the Cruise Director off to the side if he would kindly introduce the various officers.  Again I never had a problem there.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I contacted the person in charge and the "Cruise Critic meet and greet" is set. 

I've learned alot today. 

Thanks a bunch

Evelyn 🥂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadian cruise queen said:

Hi Mixer Dave,

Did you invite the officers before the cruise or when you got on the ship?

How do you go about doing that?

Thanks again, Evelyn 

Officers/staff/crew can change frequently.

They are coming and going all the time.

The names you get from one cruise could be different on the following cruise.

The best way is to make out the invitations and leave the name blank.

Once onboard the Embarkation Day Patter will have all the current main officers listed on the front page.

Just fill in the name on your invitations then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Officers/staff/crew can change frequently.

They are coming and going all the time.

The names you get from one cruise could be different on the following cruise.

The best way is to make out the invitations and leave the name blank.

Once onboard the Embarkation Day Patter will have all the current main officers listed on the front page.

Just fill in the name on your invitations then.

Great. I will do that. Thanks 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Updated 11/12/19

SHIP

GROUP SERVICE AGENT

EMAIL

Caribbean Princess

Coleen Reyes

Coral Princess

Bernadine Grayr

Crown Princess

Jodi Rudolph

Diamond Princess

Diana Hall

Emerald Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Enchanted Princess

Craig Blish

Golden Princess

Jan James

Grand Princess

Jenny Streeck

Island Princess

Diana Hall

Majestic Princess

Jan James

Pacific Princess

Jodi Rudolph

Regal Princess

Bernadine Grayr

Royal Princess

Darlene Howell

Ruby Princess

Craig Blish

cblish@princess.com

Sapphire Princess

Jenny Streeck

Sea Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Sky Princess

Jan James

Star Princess

Diana Hall

Sun Princess

Lawrence Andrada

Thanks for the information😃 . I would have called princess for the person from Ships Services that takes care of the area for a planned Meet & Greet . now ,I copied & pasted Darlene Howell's name & e-mail onto our roll Call for our April 18 ,2020  Royal Princess Mexican riviera cruise .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks for the information😃 . I would have called princess for the person from Ships Services that takes care of the area for a planned Meet & Greet . now ,I copied & pasted Darlene Howell's name & e-mail onto our roll Call for our April 18 ,2020  Royal Princess Mexican riviera cruise .

You are welcome.

4 hours ago, MixerDave said:

Here is your contact for the Majestic 

Majestic Princess

Jan James

I will send you the other info tomorrow - be sure to request a microphone

I’ve organized many of these. Nice to meet others you will share tours with. Requested a microphone once and I had to pay Ship $15 for use by myself and ship’s crew who attended. 

3 minutes ago, dog said:

I’ve organized many of these. Nice to meet others you will share tours with. Requested a microphone once and I had to pay Ship $15 for use by myself and ship’s crew who attended. 

Princess has had a standard $10 Mic charge in their venue M&G's for more than 10 years.

It is listed in their policies.

I have set up a lot and helped set up a lot more.

The $10 was never charged on any of them.

There is usually a photo display near passenger services which shows names of some you might wish to invite to your M&G.  It is always better to address envelopes and invitation with the names of invited guests.  We have always enjoyed having many crew attend our M&Gs but it is not always possible for them as duty will call.   Some captains aren’t that personable while others enjoy meeting Cruise Critic passengers. Would also suggest that if you see the cruise director, invite him/her personally and ask they can find out if others received your invitation.  Sometimes crew simply does not receive the invite.  This has happened a few times.  Also on two occasions have had to pay for a microphone so be aware.   Having a micophone can be quite helpful.

Sandy

For ours, we were a talkative group, so we decided to meet on a certain date and time up in the night club, where it is open during the day, but not busy. They were hoping to have it posted in the patter, so that it would serve as a reminder, but it never happened. We had about 20 or so join in. Someone brought pens and someone brought name tags. I usually do not like going out of my way.. but it was nice to meet people.