Sea pass question

kkat10

You do not need to carry them all the time. You will probably want to carry them all the time as they serve as your room key and you'll need them to purchase drinks or anything else while on the ship. I've never used a lanyard. Mine is always in my pocket. If my wife doesn't have a place to carry hers, she asks me to carry hers also.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

no you dont need them have on all the time. you will need it to get into your state room (its the key0 on most ships 

Unless you want to buy a drink.

Or if you want to buy something in a shop.

Or if you want to dine at a specialty restaurant.

Or if you want to book any spa services.

Or if you want to get off the ship at a port, and more importantly, get back ON the ship.

It is a LOT more than just your room key.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kkat10 said:

I was going to get lanyards for the seapass---We need to have them on us at all times is that correct? Do the kids need to have them also? Do they need lanyards?

As an adult you need to have it on you, or you can't get any drinks, buy stuff or get back into your room.  As far as kids....depends on age, and if they have a soda package or not or if they are old enough to go out on their own (see room key).

Kids will need to have them to get off and on the ship.  If they are old enough to be "out and about" on their own, they will need them to buy stuff and get into their cabin.  If they are young, YOU keep their cards...they will not need to be buying stuff (you can do that) or coming and going on their own!

I keep my card in my small purse....along with tissues, lipstick, comb, etc..  Hubby keeps his in his pocket.  You really don't need lanyards!

1 minute ago, ryguy2008 said:

There are also WowBands... Available for $4.99/each on embarkation day (and free for suite guests).

Can do everything that the SeaPass does, except leave the ship. Much more practical, especially for kids.

Unfortunately, not all ships offer Wow Bands yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sburrus4 said:

We plan to use lanyards also. I am not planning on giving the kids one, as I imagine them losing it or hitting each other with them.

Now that was funny. I remember those day.  Dad he is hitting me... Do ever remember those day. 

We always use lanyards.  keep the seapass away from your cell phone as it can demagnetize the card and you will not be able to get in to your cabin. 

On 1/9/2020 at 12:37 PM, Tulsacoker said:

Also most (maybe a lot) people dont use lanyards... I carry mine in my wallet or pocket 

Women often do not have pockets big enough to hold seapass cards without them sliding out and getting lost. (Equal rights for pockets!! 😂) This is especially true with beachy clothes. I think a lanyard is in the way while I’m having fun on the ship but I don’t want to lose my card and the curly wrist band thing would drive me crazy. They need to institute the wow bands fleet wide. 

• Like 1