multi-outlet plug

crusin'k

43 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

I know I cannot bring a surge protector on board.  But can I bring a simple multi-outlet plug?  No surge protection involved.  Just a way to charge my electric toothbrush and either phone or computer at the same time.

Yes you can.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

I know I cannot bring a surge protector on board.  But can I bring a simple multi-outlet plug?  No surge protection involved.  Just a way to charge my electric toothbrush and either phone or computer at the same time.

Yes however you are at the whim of either port security or ships security.

If its not just a simple multiple plug cord end like the Octopus type mentioned or a rubber block type with 2 or 3 receptacles they could read anything into it.

Bring this type of USB adapter for charging electrics and charge your toothbrush in the second outlet.

Does anyone know when Princess will enter the 21st Century and add charging stations to the room?  My guess is that they will remove the desk before that happens.

5D9C695A-EB67-4C54-9244-8D78D8526F23.jpeg

• Haha 1

These are all good ideas. In addition, as I mentioned in another thread, if you happen to have European Type E/F electrical adapters (picture below), you can bring those and it will allow you to use the Type E/F outlets in the cabin, as well as the US North American type A/B outlets. 

type F adapter.png

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Bring this type of USB adapter for charging electrics and charge your toothbrush in the second outlet.

Does anyone know when Princess will enter the 21st Century and add charging stations to the room?  My guess is that they will remove the desk before that happens.

Each of the lamps in my room had a USB outlet on the base.

• Like 1

Anything that is 2 prong will work well and cannot have any surge protection.  Our toothbrushes last for at least 2 weeks.

I picked up a couple of these and run the cord to the bed and then under to the bed to the other side.

You can get them for less than 6 bucks pretty much anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Extension-Perfect-Kitchen-51954/dp/B00178HJ6C/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=extension+cord+2+prong&qid=1578698909&sr=8-1

71nltAMPwLL._SL1500_.jpg

I've used this one on our last 2 cruises without any issues. The pictures are a little deceptive - the cubes are a larger than they appear in the photos. It's not a big deal to me, but worth noting. The cubes also have 3 USB connections, so you can charge other devices directly. Anker has a great reputation and makes excellent products.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D25RSWX/ref=emc_b_5_t

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

I've used this one on our last 2 cruises without any issues. The pictures are a little deceptive - the cubes are a larger than they appear in the photos. It's not a big deal to me, but worth noting. The cubes also have 3 USB connections, so you can charge other devices directly. Anker has a great reputation and makes excellent products.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D25RSWX/ref=emc_b_5_t

That item specifically lists: Superior Safety: Overload protection and a fire-retardant casing ensure complete protection for you and your devices.  It is not for use on a ship.

• Like 1

The answer from Amazon (for a different power strip) is

"There is a difference between surge protection and overload protection. Overload protection, which is what this device has, will disconnect the load (trip the breaker) if the total current exceeds the individual (or combined) outlet rating (in this case 15 amps per outlet)."

Calling @chengkp75 to the white courtesy phone!

Edited by crystalspin

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The answer from Amazon (for a different power strip) is

"There is a difference between surge protection and overload protection. Overload protection, which is what this device has, will disconnect the load (trip the breaker) if the total current exceeds the individual (or combined) outlet rating (in this case 15 amps per outlet)."

Calling @chengkp75 to the white courtesy phone!

Thats the problem.

You have not so skilled in charge of confiscating these.

They don't care whats printed on the device or whether you carry the box for them.

if they got up on the wrong side of the bed, if someone cut them off on the way to work that could be the catalyst.  There is no way to tell.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That item specifically lists: Superior Safety: Overload protection and a fire-retardant casing ensure complete protection for you and your devices.  It is not for use on a ship.

The description for the product is inconsistent implying both surge protection and no surge protection (and safe for cruises). I've contacted Anker for clarification on this.

3 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

I use a basic extension cord that has three plugs and then plug in a second cord so I can get the laptop over to the coffee table in a mini.  Never has been questioned bringing them on board.

Hi Rabbit,

I do the same never a problem also. You look good in your tux.

Your Pal,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

80EA8E8F-93DE-41A0-96B7-50AFFB76508E.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats the problem.

They don't care whats printed on the device or whether you carry the box for them.

if they got up on the wrong side of the bed, if someone cut them off on the way to work that could be the catalyst.  There is no way to tell.

Someone cut them off on the way to work, you mean someone walked past them then cut over right in front of them? LOL!

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats the problem.

That's why I suggested the cube adaptor with 3 USB ports.  It's small and It can be kept with your electronics and looks like the plug that comes with the phone, tablet or laptop.

• Like 1