Live Again from Oasis 1/12/2020 - No Dawgs, lots of CATS🐯

John&LaLa

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Jandi Kim in DL.

She was our DLC on our March 2019 B2B Freedom cruise. All the times we were in the DL I don't believe she said a word to anyone, smiled or looked up from her computer the entire two weeks.  Worse DLC we've encountered. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had no idea that we made maple syrup here.

We had a gift exchange, and CC member J&DMCG brought them and I was the lucky recipient. 

As has been the case over the years, for me, at least, we were bringing gifts made in our home area. 

It was a generous gift. 

Many years ago, one of our Maine cousins presented us with a baby food jar of maple syrup from their own trees. A lot of work for a small dividend!

One Sky cancelled 

So I saw this earlier today and figured its a mistake

20200113_150057.thumb.jpg.497c973ecf56239258fb34b7a081679c.jpg

It wasn't,  technical difficulties cancelled One Sky.

FWIW, the show is a piece of crap, and they are still working on it. This is a paraphrase from the CD😉

The CD also tells me that there is no weekly rehearsal for CATS,  so nothing for me to see prior to Friday night.

He wouldn't even confirm which numbers were removed to get it down to 90 minutes. Wants me to be surprised.  Does he not know who I am🤔🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Apparently Oasis still has a Dress Code, and Formal is one of the selections. And I don't see the word 'suggested'😉

20200113_093430.thumb.jpg.e9b143693b525bb2fa89df0b12c551d4.jpg

FWIW, I wore slacks and a long sleeve button down tonight. Didn't pack formal wear

Sunday night was more casual 😎

20200112_153742.thumb.jpg.9bbc1c482f34b558d4bd9d7b96a9ab8e.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Found a duck today. I left it for others

But there is visual confirmation of the smashed penny machine that someone on Cruise Critic was asking about! I don't recall if they found it or not?  I wonder if Allure has one? 

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

But there is visual confirmation of the smashed penny machine that someone on Cruise Critic was asking about! I don't recall if they found it or not?  I wonder if Allure has one? 

Hidden off the arcade at Playmakers 

• Thanks 1

Couldn't keep the drinking going. 

None at lunch, Cape Codder in SL, followed by a Coke, and a Bailey's night cap. 

20200113_174532.thumb.jpg.0a302bab7821f17751b0b63dbcb6e095.jpg

Window table view in CK not very impressive 

20200113_181612.thumb.jpg.b823d8a9f10055506339f86f065827d6.jpg

FYI, the doors to 17 Lofts have been open as usual, but one side was closed tonight. So i tried my key card. No luck

Port

20200113_174500.thumb.jpg.e1180ca47c48e8ba97bb909f4392fb18.jpg

Starboard

20200113_174516.thumb.jpg.ae99768631e5f9014b5a29f2643b5502.jpg

Comedy show was boring for the most part. I had just seen the Jim David routine on Symphony 

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How many nights is the plan to eat dinner in the CK?

Not sure, place is empty. Nice and quiet. Same with SL so far. Chef made us stir fry tonight. It was not as good as I would have hoped. 

One downside here is they did not add the stir fry stations to WJ like Harmony and Symphony 

MDR tomorrow night is Asian pork taco's and rack of lamb👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alter Ego said:

Just saw that the PenaVega’s are on board Oasis this week (taking over Royal’s Instagram.) Have you noticed any crowds of crazed Hallmark movie fans?  

What's a PenaVega?

Sounds like a mashup of Pinto and Vega

On 1/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, island lady said:

Head out the gate, walking through to the right to find the downtown courtyard with the defunct fountain called Water Square.  Once there, look left to find a very busy locals favorite meat patty bakery called "Spicey Nice".  It's delicious!  And big generous portion.  

Enjoy your cruise, John and Laura, and as usual thanks for taking us along!  🙂 

I take a leisurely right at the fountain and walk to the next street.  You will find Tastee Patties there.  The same parties that the vendor in the port sells.  Beef patties are about $1.45 american.

11 hours ago, CP3o said:

Does the hush party do anything like music changes depending on what part of the floor you are on?  

Any outdoor deck party dancing late at night or converting the ice rink into dance club?  Thanks.

I was on the Jan 5 sailing. There are two music channels, which you select using the same switch you use to turn it on/off. The headphones change color between green and blue depending on which channel you're on. AFAIK, the two channels are not synced in any way in terms of beat, so you'll get people dancing to two different songs.

No outdoor deck party late at night, other than in the solarium. Studio B does convert into a dance club, but I think that was only on the last night during an event. Other nights, Studio B is used for the ice show, laser tag, or some other game shows. 

4 hours ago, SSMEX said:

No outdoor deck party late at night, other than in the solarium. Studio B does convert into a dance club, but I think that was only on the last night during an event. Other nights, Studio B is used for the ice show, laser tag, or some other game shows. 

Studio B on day 5 has the RED nightclub party.

BTW, does anyone here know why they named the ice rink venue Studio B?

• Like 1