Cabin Crawls and Alcohol

Daniel A

I've never participated in a Cabin Crawl.  I've read in the past about cabin crawls involve having PAX whose cabins are visited providing adult beverages to the visiting crawl participants.  Is this true?  If I were to participate in a cabin crawl, would I be expected to provide drinks to a lot of other people?  If I were to join a crawl would I be required to offer my cabin as one of the destination cabins?

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I've never participated in a Cabin Crawl.  I've read in the past about cabin crawls involve having PAX whose cabins are visited providing adult beverages to the visiting crawl participants.  Is this true?  If I were to participate in a cabin crawl, would I be expected to provide drinks to a lot of other people?  If I were to join a crawl would I be required to offer my cabin as one of the destination cabins?

Cabin crawls are set up by each individual group wishing to do one.  Whether drinks, food, or anything else is provided by the people volunteering to let others see their room is done would be decided by the group.

I've been on cabin crawls that just visited a variety of cabin types (no extras), and one that played a poker game.  Some rooms had snacks/candies/whatever, others didn't.  Not everyone doing a cabin crawl offers their room for the crawl.  The idea is to get a variety of rooms to view.  A cabin crawl with 10 room of the same category wouldn't satisfy the purpose, which is to see the differences between categories.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

It would be difficult, and expensive to provide drinks. No glasses, expensive drinks, such a small area. 

That's precisely what I was thinking! :classic_smile:  Why I'm asking the question, I don't want to get involved with something that is logistically a nightmare.  DW would have me walking the plank!

One year we set up a cabin crawl on Halloween. Turns out there was a 4 year old on board and we used the cabin crawl for him to Trick'r Treat.

Of all the ones I have help put together or participated in, never saw the alcohol requirement. Have done a few pub crawls and doing a poker run as part of a pub crawl later this year.

• Thanks 1

Never been on one of these, but our next cruise is supposed to have one.

What is the policy on using the bathroom in the cabins you visit. I am not asking for me, but my wife has irritable bowel syndrome, and well you know how that goes.

• Haha 1

Cabin crawl:

restroom use: if you gotta, you gotta. Try to plan around it.

Suggestions:

start at the top of the ship, and go downhill. 

try to include as many of the cabin types as possible

Have participants put away most of their personal items

Booze: if some can afford it, go for it. If not, no problem. or carry a drink of your own. 

Booze 2: meet At a bar after the crawl. 

Booze 3: not really booze, meet at the IC or buffet for snacks after or before. 

24 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Never been on one of these, but our next cruise is supposed to have one.

What is the policy on using the bathroom in the cabins you visit. I am not asking for me, but my wife has irritable bowel syndrome, and well you know how that goes.

Absolutely not. 

34 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

A great opportunity can occur when on a B2B and you could take a quick look around on turnaround morning.  Scout out what you want to see using deck plans.

On our last cruise (Celebrity wine-themed  cruise down Pacific coast) we did a wine crawl.  Kept it to only 6 cabins/couples (12 people), and each cabin hosted with a bottle of wine (or 2), usually brought from home or a favorite purchased onboard.  I went all out, and with cabin stewards help, did a punchbowl of Sangria!  Had some wonderful wines, and lots of fun with other "winos"!  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Absolutely not. 

I have been  told I have to apologize for my previous post. My wife does not have IBS, nor is she the type of person that would use someone else's washroom.

Of course, after what she did in my bathroom while I was trying to get ready for work this morning, it is easy to see why I became confused.

• Haha 3

I organized one on our last cruise. Most of the cabins we just walked through and took photos. Our cabin was the last and I bought bottles of bubbly for everyone to enjoy. We had a fun time. It’s up to the organizer and group as to how it goes. I have also organized pub crawls. Now THATs a different story! 🤣🤣🥂

491C91D8-4F33-4CA4-A674-54CB671503E6.jpeg