Live from the Sky Princess, January 25 to Feb 1, 2020

BikeTreker

My wife and I are traveling on the Sky Princess, having embarked in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, January 25, and, as I always do, I am blogging, to include numerous photos, about the ship and the ports of call.  Feel free to check out my blog at www.travelswithcappy.com.  Your comments, as always, are appreciated.

Cappy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bike Treker-

Pics beautiful pictures. I’ll be following along. There’s also another live from the sky,but it also includes the following week February 1 to the 8th from Woobstr112G. If you see any redheads from California Onboard say hello -that’s my mom. She is on Cruise critic,but since I’m not onboard she did not attend the meet and greet. 

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

3 hours ago, coconutty23 said:

Are  you docked at Crown Bay or Havensight?

3 hours ago, coconutty23 said:

Are  you docked at Crown Bay or Havensight?

Just spoke to my mom on the phone who  is on the ship and she says Havensight. They just got off a shuttle that took them into town .I believe four dollars each way but not sure on that one. They are at the dock that’s furthest from the town. Julie 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, BikeTreker said:

My wife and I are traveling on the Sky Princess, having embarked in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, January 25, and, as I always do, I am blogging, to include numerous photos, about the ship and the ports of call.  Feel free to check out my blog at www.travelswithcappy.com.  Your comments, as always, are appreciated.

Cappy

If you have rough seas and the coat hangers are hitting preventing you from getting a good night sleep. See what I did. No more banging.

Sky 8.jpg

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Just spoke to my mom on the phone who  is on the ship and she says Havensight. They just got off a shuttle that took them into town .I believe four dollars each way but not sure on that one. They are at the dock that’s furthest from the town. Julie 

I thought Havensight is the dock CLOSEST to town (near Paradise point/tram).   Seems right since $4 cab fare is low for the other dock: Crown Bay.

Well apparently Havensight is where they are currently docked. I just know they took a tram into town. So they must’ve not felt like walking so that’s why I said it was the furthest ,but I’ll retract that.  Sorry for any confusion. They are generally walkers but the tram must’ve been good for them today. 

Julie

Thanks for posting so much information! We are going on the Sky Princess in March and are looking forward to it.

Do you remember seeing any offer for wine packages?   For some of the cruises we have been on that offer 7 and 10 bottle purchases.    It seems to be a bit hit and miss now.  

We are trying to decide to whether we bring wine on the ship or if there is a package, just go with it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I thought Havensight is the dock CLOSEST to town (near Paradise point/tram).   Seems right since $4 cab fare is low for the other dock: Crown Bay.

Havensight is the closest.

We always walked to town from both of them and Havensight is closer. 

@BikeTreker Following along and loving your photos so far. I haven't been to Riverwalk or Las Olas in a couple of years - made me laugh that in order to see the changes I needed to follow your blog. That's the thing. When you live here you mainly go to your local haunts and forget that there are amazing places right in your own back yard.

What time did you take the photos of the pools on your Sea Day? If it was around 11 - it seems like the chair hogs weren't in force. And did I read correctly that the Sanctuary wasn't completely sold out?

Can't wait to see the rest ~ we are sailing March 7th ~ Anticipation!

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Thanks to all of you who are following along.  I only get to the boards now and then and, therefore, don’t respond too soon.  I wish I could answer all of your questions but I don’t always know the correct information.  

As far as wine packages go, we purchased a premium beverage package so I don’t know about the wine packages.  We get 15 alcohol beverages a day including wine.  If I learn anything in the meantime I will let you know.

Havensight is about a 1 1/2 mile walk to town although we did not walk in.  I will be posting our day in St. Thomas tomorrow so you can read about our lazy day.

Ft. Lauderdale was very nice.  River Walk has, in my opinion changed a great deal.  I do love Las Olas.

We live in Camden County.  

Hope I have answered some of your questions.  

• Thanks 1

Imagine my surprise when I looked at your blog and saw that you're in the cabin next door to the one we'll be in in a couple of weeks!  So a double thanks, for the great preview of the ship and our cabin!  Looks great, can't wait.  Have fun.

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Havensight is the closest.

We always walked to town from both of them and Havensight is closer. 

if I remember, that's a nice easy walk around the water from Havensight to the town?

we've walked over then cabbed it back