Bliss Margaritaville Rumor

Greenpea2

You can't directly compare Guy's Burgers on Carnival to Margaritaville on NCL. Yes, people swear by Guy's, but it's also free. If Guy's had a $15 cover you can bet it would be less popular, even if the burgers were the best in the world (they're not the best, but they're the best  at sea that I've found).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poffles said:

I was looking forward to a margarita (or two) from there on my cruise in March but guess that isn't going to happen now.

Same, my wife and I are going in March and were also looking forward to the margaritas. Will there be anywhere on the ship to get watermelon margaritas now?

Edited by tomservo

It’s a moot point now but I always thought the food at Margaritaville was pretty good. Loved the volcano nachos. Contrary to most posters, I also didn’t think it was overpriced. I wonder how many of them have dined at Margaritaville on land - way more. I will also miss the Margaritas at the bar there - best on the ship. In regards to the American Diner, we had lunch there on the Encore and it was very good. The lobster roll appetizer was as good as those served at Ocean Blue. 

1 hour ago, steveknj said:

It might be a factor, and if there are two ships that go to the same place, it could factor into the decision.

again, if someone chooses a ship or a destination because of a burger, they have way too much money and would be waaaaay to pretentious to hang out with me.

• Haha 1

How does SDP work with American Diner on the Encore?  Is it similar to Food Republic?  

I know posters have said that a credit at Margaritaville  was a waste of credit but there seems to be better options here for the credit.  We are on the Getaway in March so I assume it will still be Margaritaville.  We have 1 more credit to use and was thinking Margaritaville since we need a casual dinner before MDQ.  I like AD's menu better though.  

6 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

How does SDP work with American Diner on the Encore?  Is it similar to Food Republic?  

I know posters have said that a credit at Margaritaville  was a waste of credit but there seems to be better options here for the credit.  We are on the Getaway in March so I assume it will still be Margaritaville.  We have 1 more credit to use and was thinking Margaritaville since we need a casual dinner before MDQ.  I like AD's menu better though.  

I'm thinking that Margaritaville will be the American diner in March for your cruise. The Bliss changeover was (as far as passengers go) a pretty quick thing. Our cruise is in 3 weeks. Two days ago Margaritaville was still there. Yesterday it no longer was and our dining choices on the website reflected that change.

9 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

i am wondering the same. thinking of using one of the sdp meals for this for my encore cruise in September 

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

i am wondering the same. thinking of using one of the sdp meals for this for my encore cruise in September 

We used our SDP. Its just like all the other specialty restaurants - one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. Don’t know if you can order sides with it. As I mentioned previously the lobster roll appetizer was excellent. The portions are quite big so the three things more than filled me up.

I enjoyed the mango smoothie with rum, 🤩 but otherwise I wasn't really a Margaritaville partaker. 

American Diner strikes me as The Local but at an extra cost. Guess I'll see next time I'm on the Bliss (which may be a while with NCL's current ludicrously high prices to sail out of NYC) 

5 hours ago, poffles said:

This 'rumor' is also proven 'fact' by looking at the Bliss ship detail on the NCL site.  It shows the American Diner under Specialty Dining listing.  I was looking forward to a margarita (or two) from there on my cruise in March but guess that isn't going to happen now.

Whats on Board - Bliss Specialty Dining

You can get margaritas at other bars on board and they are just as good (or better).  The only drink I would make a special trip to Margaritaville for was the "Havana and Bananas" on occasion.  I don't go on cruises for Margaritaville, diner food, Mexican food or BBQ.  I could stay at home for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomservo said:

Same, my wife and I are going in March and were also looking forward to the margaritas. Will there be anywhere on the ship to get watermelon margaritas now?

What week are you sailing in March? I will be on board for the 15th and 22nd.

18 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

Hmmm.  Wonder if they’ll still have a breakfast there?  

I was on the Bliss in December and they had stopped serving breakfast in Margaritaville (had been serving it when I sailed last February). We asked the maitre d about it when we dined there for lunch and he said they had stopped the breakfast buffet a while back because of how inefficient it was to transport food from the actual buffet, since, on the Bliss, the Garden Cafe is on the front of the ship.

10 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I can’t believe anyone would actually pay extra for any of that food at the American Diner on top of the cruise fare already paid. Really? Extra money for cheese sticks on a cruise? Pfffff........ just another flop of a decision by NCL. They sure are trying their hardest to get every dollar from those willing to hand it out so easily for crap. 

I agree. The only reason my wife and I eat in any of the specialty restaurants is because it is included in the fare.  IMHO the food is so good in the MDR it is really not worth the upcharge to go to a specialty restaraunt.  I mean the ambience is better but still not worth an upcharge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruising Chuck said:

If they do book a cruise JUST for a burger, they are NOT VERY SMART.  I think this may be your opinion, but no factual statement.

I've been on on several Carnival cruises, and I book based on amenities on board, especially Guy's restaurant, and I consider myself to be pretty smart.  Carnival always has multiple ships sailing the same itinerary, so I weigh the on board amenities before booking.  I will ALWAYS book a ship with a Guy's burger joint over a ship without one.  Of course that isn't the only deciding factor in which ship I cruise on, I also look at home port and ease of access whether flying or driving.  

• Like 1

Bummer on my part, big fan of Jimmy's music so it was nice to pop in there for a couple landsharks and to get out of the sun for a bit. Hoping american diner still offers breakfast in the mornings, that was a nice way to start the day away from the herds in the main buffet!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mkmaj said:

Nothing on that menu that I'd pay extra for with all of the other food available on a ship. I don't quite understand this decision by NCL. 

But there was with Margaritaville which had less and similar options did?  Like someone else mentioned, NCLs contract with Buffet was done and they didn’t feel that his brand was driving enough business to warrant another deal.