PRINCESS SHIPS & CORONA VIRUS

mcrcruiser

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Our April cruise was obviously canceled.  There were 6 of us, me, wife 2 daughters, 2 grandaughters.  150% FCC which is split across the 6 of us.  I understand why that do that - it draws new cruisers in.  I paid for the whole darn thing, though, so it sort of  pisses me off.  Granddaughters will end up with FCC they may never use.  Wife and I may apply our excess to a future cruise but  I told her to buy jewelry.  Daughter's boyfriend, who couldn't go in April, want's to go in the replacement cruise in December.  Daughter may not be able to use her FCC for him so he may be out of pocket.  somehow that seems to be my problem.  Sheesh.

Hmm, I recalled during my Houston cruise that got delayed that credit did go to the "cruiser" NOT the person who paid, SOL

13 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Thats my prob too.  When You cancel, or they cancel for you, but You PAID for Everyone.

It should be returned to the Credit Card Holder who Paid for the cabins.  NOT distributed to the gang.

No offense but thats MY money.

And like others have said, the other family or friends may not be able to return and

that money is Gone.

Should be returned to the Cardholder!

Sorry refunds will go to the payee, credit goes to the cruiser, that was what happened a few years ago for us out of Houston.   Cruise was delayed and REFUND goes to the payee, credit goes to the cruiser, Gotcha LOL

8 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Hmm, I recalled during my Houston cruise that got delayed that credit did go to the "cruiser" NOT the person who paid, SOL

It is what it is and we'll make it work.  Our best replacement cruise will be in December so for now we wait until weknow just what the split will be.

An interesting first analysis of COVID-19 among the crew members on the Diamond Princess.

Interesting notes ...

The index case was not identified, but the spread seems to have initiated from passenger to food service crew.

Look to be contained in the food service group and on deck 3.

Wonder if there will be a similar analysis for passengers?

It will be interesting to see the report from the Grand Princess.

Initial Investigation of Transmission of COVID-19 Among Crew Members During Quarantine of a Cruise Ship — Yokohama, Japan, February 2020

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6911e2.htm?s_cid=mm6911e2_e&deliveryName=USCDC_921-DM22863

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6911e2-H.pdf

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 1:50 PM, tailspintom said:

Many deseases have been named after the places they originated or where they were prevalent. West Nile desease, Rocky mountain spotted fever, MERS, Lyme desease, Ebola and the list goes on.

Legionnaire's Disease had its first big outbreak at the American Legion convention in Philadelphia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain_Morgan said:

Would appear to support the position that after Diamond Princess, all the cruise line should have stood down but let the bean counters take precedence over martime safety.  Carnival Corp. and the other giants will likely be sued into bankruptcy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, samiam1 said:

Would appear to support the position that after Diamond Princess, all the cruise line should have stood down but let the bean counters take precedence over martime safety.  Carnival Corp. and the other giants will likely be sued into bankruptcy.

Add to the fact now a HAL ship is under localized (onboard) lockdown due to 'flu' which as we all know are similar symptoms as COVID-19....not saying this is whats happening on there without tests, etc. but its the first thing that comes to mind right now and could be another nail for them as a corp...

Just now, Captain_Morgan said:

Add to the fact now a HAL ship is under localized (onboard) lockdown due to 'flu' which as we all know are similar symptoms as COVID-19....not saying this is whats happening on there without tests, etc. but its the first thing that comes to mind right now and could be another nail for them as a corp...

Luminosa and Grand sick ships also Carnival. Corp.

I was horrified to learn that about 800 people off Grand refused to take the test.  Apparently, their rationale was that if they tested positive then they would be quarantined.  So they declined and went off to the 4-winds.  Testing from Grand indicated infection rate was one in ten.  So there are possible 80 carriers out there from Grand.  As a nation as as a part of humanity we have more respect and concern for each other.  I thought what these 800 did refusing testing coming off an infected ship was absolutely selfish.

Edited by Ride-The-Waves

13 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I was horrified to learn that about 800 people off Grand refused to take the test.  Apparently, their rationale was that if they tested positive then they would be quarantined.  So they declined and went off to the 4-winds.  Testing from Grand indicated infection rate was one in ten.  So there are possible 80 carriers out there from Grand.  As a nation as as a part of humanity we have more respect and concern for each other.  I thought what these 800 did refusing testing coming off an infected ship was absolutely selfish.

Were you onboard? 🤔

The CDC just released findings that CoronaVirus / Covid19 lasted ON surfaces INSIDE Diamond Princess Cabins/Staterooms for 17 days after people both symptomatic and asymptomatic LEFT the ship. Alive on surfaces for 17 days!  I don't see how cruises are going to restart in April or May.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/cdc-coronavirus-survived-in-princess-cruise-cabins-up-to-17-days-after-passengers-left.html

• Like 1

I read several accounts that federal health officials dissuaded passengers from taking the test. That there were not enough tests available. So they may not have been absolutely selfish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/amp/Most-Grand-Princess-passengers-not-tested-for-15141731.php

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

From the BBC / Australia:

"On Thursday the Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney... Almost 2,700 passengers - some coughing and spluttering - were allowed to leave the ship, catching trains, buses and even overseas flights to get home.  More than 130 people from the cruise have now tested positive, making it the biggest single source of infections in Australia. One passenger died in hospital on Tuesday."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51999845

53 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

"On Thursday the Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney... Almost 2,700 passengers - some coughing and spluttering - were allowed to leave the ship, catching trains, buses and even overseas flights to get home.  More than 130 people from the cruise have now tested positive, making it the biggest single source of infections in Australia. One passenger died in hospital on Tuesday."

Other reasons for coughing and spluttering as you say! I do it all the time no Corona virus! I have COPD cannot give it to anyone.

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Other reasons for coughing and spluttering as you say! I do it all the time no Corona virus! I have COPD cannot give it to anyone.

But certainly, in today’s environment, you would not hesitate to put yourself forth for further testing if that was in the best interest of those with which you come into contact.?  Particularly if, as you say, there is no difference in that particular symptom between COPD and the coronavirus?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluesea321 said:

Diamond, Grand and now Ruby - Princess is finished.  These were not coincidences.

• Haha 2