Heels

sydbarrett

I really like them!! Since they have a real heel, they should feel very stable.

This past December, I wore 3” heels, with a platform under the toes, on the formal nights. I also tend to take the stairs, even in heels, so if I was wearing the ones you are thinking of I’d be perfectly happy!! In fact, I’d probably wear “your” shoes every evening, not just formal nights!!

• Like 1

What a great shoe for wearing on a cruise ship!  You've got a substantial block heel which isn't super high,  and an ankle strap.  I've gotten to the point where I no longer like wearing a shoe with an ankle strap, because I have trouble getting the tiny buckles done.  If that came with a nice looking velcro closure, I'd be buying a pair - right now!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ger_77 said:

What a great shoe for wearing on a cruise ship!  You've got a substantial block heel which isn't super high,  and an ankle strap.  I've gotten to the point where I no longer like wearing a shoe with an ankle strap, because I have trouble getting the tiny buckles done.  If that came with a nice looking velcro closure, I'd be buying a pair - right now!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I can’t stand buckles either.  I got these Crocs wedges for my last cruise, and even though it looks like a buckle, they really just have a hook behind the buckle that keeps the strap fastened. Amazing. 

D7B6EE89-EE55-4E64-A040-E53ADF448F5D.jpeg

• Like 3

I have shoes like that which were the first heels I was able to wear after a knee injury. Like the block heel for stability, not too tall but still dressy, look equally good with jeans or dresses. I find mine to be very versatile and quite comfy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kellymccrea said:

I can’t stand buckles either.  I got these Crocs wedges for my last cruise, and even though it looks like a buckle, they really just have a hook behind the buckle that keeps the strap fastened. Amazing. 

D7B6EE89-EE55-4E64-A040-E53ADF448F5D.jpeg

I really like those.  I have a similar pair of Skechers, purchased a couple of years ago that are similar, but don't have the ankle strap.  I jazzed them up with some jewels from Dollarama across the toe straps, and they're great for wearing with dresses for gala and dress evenings.  I like that they have a wedge heel instead of a spike, as I find them much more stable on a ship.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

I am a diehard Toms-alpargata/ballet-flat/boat-shoe/very-low-heel-boot/hiking-boot person but those are quite stylish for those who like them! I just like the insurance that if I twist my ankle it will have been a rock or large pinecone I stepped on (BTDThose). I have very poor high heel skills...[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those are super cute! And I think will be fine for your trip.

Personally, I do a wedge for most of my formal attire as they are just more comfortable for me. I just ordered these for our upcoming trip- I have a black wrap dress that I’m going to take and I have some sparkly earrings that I’ll throw on. (Plus, I have a very narrow foot and these had terrible reviews because of how narrow, but they were perfect on my foot) 👍

https://www.amazon.com/Carlos-Santana-Womens-Sandal-Leopard/dp/B07KC6SMQM/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=Carlos+amara+sandal&qid=1581267622&sr=8-8

• Like 3

To the OP, you asked if the shoe would be good for walking around on the ship? If you are good in heels then

it would probably work.  I don't do heels anymore--well, maybe a small wedge but nothing more and I don't like

a strap around my ankle. So those would not work for me. But if you enjoy that style, it would probably work

for you. 

So, it is really up to the individual:classic_smile:   Hope you have a great cruise:classic_biggrin:

On 2/2/2020 at 2:47 AM, agibeault said:

Do you think this type of shoe would be ok for walking around the ship (Caribbean in March)? I don't want to topple over but I also don't want to wear ballet flats on the formal nights. I've never worn heels on a ship before!

product photo

If you wear heels at home these should be fine. I wear heels like these and some stilettos but none more than 3inches on formal nights. I haven't had more of a problem walking around. If the ship is rocking and rolling then I hang onto the rails whatever shoe I am wearing 🙂.

Julie

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pink845 said:

Agibeault,  Perfect shoes.    Old Navy.   When did you get them.  

I think last year or the year before, but they have them in stock now. They come out with fun colors closer to spring/summer. I have them in a mustard yellow as well. They had pink, beige, black and patterned before. Very comfy and stain resistant!

On 2/9/2020 at 9:02 AM, lindsay0526 said:

(Plus, I have a very narrow foot and these had terrible reviews because of how narrow, but they were perfect on my foot) 👍

https://www.amazon.com/Carlos-Santana-Womens-Sandal-Leopard/dp/B07KC6SMQM/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=Carlos+amara+sandal&qid=1581267622&sr=8-8

Lindsay, we have the same width foot I think, I had a pair of Carlos Santana purple croc print leather pumps with an amazing heel height that fit like a dream, but now with arthritis in an ankle and metatarsals I no longer have the stability on tall spikes.  It's mainly wedges and block heels for me.  BTW, here's a great CC forum thread you guys might like:  Join the Shoe Divas, and get more ideas for cute shoes for the cruise, whatever height you like.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2273245-shoe-divas-club/

• Like 1