Cocktails available with CBP

Lgfraser

Hi All

We are first time Celebrity cruisers setting sail on the Apex in May 2020. We received the classic beverage package as a perk when booking- I have tried to do my research but its still not clear what the cocktail selection will be like - does anyone have any example menus or can advise on what is included? I realise there is a $9 cap - just concerned the choice may be very limited! We aren't concerned with having the best spirits - just hoping there will be a reasonable selection to choose from!

Thanks

Louisa

If you are the type of drinker that likes to call their shot--top shelf Tequilas and Scotches and Vodkas, etc...and you like a lot of expensive liqueurs, then you probably want to upgrade your package...

If you are fine with "well" drinks...then you will be fine with the classic package...You can get almost any basic mixed drink...You can get any form of basic alcohol--scotch, bourbon, vodka, blanco tequila, gin, etc., mixed with some sort of soda or juice or whatever...You can get a wide variety of standard drinks like margaritas and pina coladas and so on...you're just going to get that margarita made with cheap Jose Cuervo, not with some sort of top shelf Anejo...You'll also get a choice of a few red and white wines by the glass...just the lower end of the spectrum of what is onboard...

If you are okay with that, don't worry...

Basic martinis, cosmos and dirty martinis are available at bars other than the Martini Bar where the special martinis are $15 and up, And as stated above all regular mixed drinks. Your price limit is $9 per drink with the classic package. If you want a drink that is over that price you just pay the difference plus gratuity. 

24 minutes ago, 39august said:

Basic martinis, cosmos and dirty martinis are available at bars other than the Martini Bar where the special martinis are $15 and up, 

Doesn't the premium beverage package go up to $15?  Are there some martinis that are more than that?  So they are not covered by the Premium Package?

52 minutes ago, Lgfraser said:

Hi All

We are first time Celebrity cruisers setting sail on the Apex in May 2020. We received the classic beverage package as a perk when booking- I have tried to do my research but its still not clear what the cocktail selection will be like - does anyone have any example menus or can advise on what is included? I realise there is a $9 cap - just concerned the choice may be very limited! We aren't concerned with having the best spirits - just hoping there will be a reasonable selection to choose from!

Thanks

Louisa

We've had the Classic package for many cruises without a single up charge. We have ordered pina coladas, daquiris (frozen and not), margaritas, Bloody Marys,  mimosas, grasshoppers, mudslides, frozen toasted almonds,  Malibu Bay Breeze, beers, VO and ginger ale, Kahlua and cream, gin and tonic, Old Fashioned, Prosecco, wine, specialty coffee, bottled water, fresh juices and more. Don't worry! Drink up and enjoy!

• Like 1

If you think about it, there are really very few mixed drinks that you can really tell the difference in the alcohol used.  I chuckle to myself every time I hear "I'd like a grey goose bloody mary". Can you really tell the difference in champagne in your mimosa or the bourbon in a rum and coke? Can you really tell the difference between absolut and stoli elit in a dirty martini or chocolate martini?  Be honest with yourself....could you really tell the difference in a blind tasting?

For me, the decision is based on the included wines....but you have to be a bit diligent in the dining room where they often try to pour what they have in their hand which is usually a classic package wine......or because I want to drink premium liquors like vodka, bourbon and a few others straight.  When I'm mostly drinking mixed drinks, I'm fine with the classic package.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Lgfraser said:

Hi All

Thanks

Louisa

You probably may want to consider the Premium Package. Way more flexibility and choice and it covers you up to $15. In my view, it is worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 10:37 AM, TorontoSailor said:

You probably may want to consider the Premium Package. Way more flexibility and choice and it covers you up to $15. In my view, it is worth it. 

I have the premium beverage package. Can I order prosecco and Aperol?  I dont care for the sparkling wine they have onboard. I thought being a Mediterranean cruise out of Rome they would have some nice Proseccos.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I have the premium beverage package. Can I order prosecco and Aperol?  I dont care for the sparkling wine they have onboard. I thought being a Mediterranean cruise out of Rome they would have some nice Proseccos.

You should be able to get an aperol spritz on the classic package too

21 minutes ago, groryjm said:

I was just wondering if they have Prosecco onboard? I bought a bottle of Aperol when I was last on the Equinox and it's become my favourite cocktail.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I was just wondering if they have Prosecco onboard? I bought a bottle of Aperol when I was last on the Equinox and it's become my favourite cocktail.

Yes, they'll have Prosecco.

LCBO was (is?) selling a gift box with a bottle of Prosecco and a bottle of Aperol. I know they still sell both, but I haven't noticed the gift box recently.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, Lgfraser said:

Hi All

Thanks

Louisa

Not hard to research, the list is right on celebrity's website.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, they'll have Prosecco.

LCBO was (is?) selling a gift box with a bottle of Prosecco and a bottle of Aperol. I know they still sell both, but I haven't noticed the gift box recently.

Must have been during Xmas. Haven't seen any but they had some Prosecco on sale.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:29 PM, ghstudio said:

I chuckle to myself every time I hear "I'd like a grey goose bloody mary". Can you really tell the difference in champagne in your mimosa or the bourbon in a rum and coke? Can you really tell the difference between absolut and stoli elit in a dirty martini or chocolate martini?  Be honest with yourself....could you really tell the difference in a blind tasting?

Nope, I can’t taste the difference in vodka in a bloody caesar, BUT, i might feel the difference the next day! I like premium for other reasons, for instance Macallan.

Since I’ve paid for it, I’ll ask for grey goose, why not?

On 2/2/2020 at 12:29 PM, ghstudio said:

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

Sorry but Aperol is Premium now and as such there is an upcharge if you are on the CBP. I was charged on all of my 2019 sailings, though before that it was generally included.