1sr February Asia cruise ending early

jo-b

Just a heads up for anyone following events in Asia, our Millennium Cruise has now been curtailed completely

and will end in Singapore on 10 February.

Celebrity have done wonders with a fluid situation, the staff onboard are working extra hard sanitising, office staff have

juggled  and rearranged ports and tours to try and give us as near as they could the cruise we booked. All with good humour and

helpfulness, which has not always been appreciated by passengers. 0D4156F2-3B9F-4112-ACDC-2E995D457636.thumb.jpeg.8a79c00a5d0f81a8639b8a07686f67a8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, calicakes said:

Since I'm not familiar with the itinerary of that cruise, can you tell me what ports you were able to go to and what you missed?  

Thanks. 

We went to the 3 Vietnamese ports we should have gone to, 2 Japanese ports were cancelled upfront and replaced with Manila, Manila was replaced by Kota Kinabalu, then Taiwan was replaced by Halong Bay which then changed their mind and then by Bangkok, then KK said we couldn’t land there so we are heading straight for Singapore. 

Apologies if some of the changes are incorrect, we have honestly lost tack. Lord knows how the staff feel. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jo-b said:

We went to the 3 Vietnamese ports we should have gone to, 2 Japanese ports were cancelled upfront and replaced with Manila, Manila was replaced by Kota Kinabalu, then Taiwan was replaced by Halong Bay which then changed their mind and then by Bangkok, then KK said we couldn’t land there so we are heading straight for Singapore. 

Apologies if some of the changes are incorrect, we have honestly lost tack. Lord knows how the staff feel. 

Wow, and to think I was just upset about missing Key West on my last cruise. I can’t imagine what you all were feeling when everything was changed.

10 hours ago, calicakes said:

Wow, and to think I was just upset about missing Key West on my last cruise. I can’t imagine what you all were feeling when everything was changed.

Confused😉😉

On 2/7/2020 at 6:50 PM, jo-b said:

Just a heads up for anyone following events in Asia, our Millennium Cruise has now been curtailed completely

and will end in Singapore on 10 February.

Celebrity have done wonders with a fluid situation, the staff onboard are working extra hard sanitising, office staff have

juggled  and rearranged ports and tours to try and give us as near as they could the cruise we booked. All with good humour and

helpfulness, which has not always been appreciated by passengers. 0D4156F2-3B9F-4112-ACDC-2E995D457636.thumb.jpeg.8a79c00a5d0f81a8639b8a07686f67a8.jpeg

Good post, especially amidst the post designed to scare others and blame cruise lines over coronavirus now prevalent across CC.

14 hours ago, jo-b said:

Confused😉😉

What are you confused about?  My statement?  I was upset on our last cruise when we skipped Key West and went to Labadee, Haiti instead.   That one little change pales in comparison to have an entire itinerary changed.   I was sympathizing with the OP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, calicakes said:

What are you confused about?  My statement?  I was upset on our last cruise when we skipped Key West and went to Labadee, Haiti instead.   That one little change pales in comparison to have an entire itinerary changed.   I was sympathizing with the OP. 

I read it that the OP was feeling confused with all the changes, not with your post.... 

5 minutes ago, calicakes said:

He quoted my post, which was why I responded. 

It was the OP who quoted your post and you stated “I can’t imagine what you all were feeling when everything was changed.”. My interpretation of the OP’s response was they felt confused by all the changes, followed by 2 winks.

Edited by Oville

5 minutes ago, Oville said:

It was the OP who quoted your post and you stated “I can’t imagine what you all were feeling when everything was changed.”. My interpretation of the OP’s response was they felt confused by all the changes, followed by 2 winks.

I think, also, that's what the OP meant. Trying to keep up with their port changes they felt "confused". Easy to read it either way... these things happen when you're able to hear how something is said.

20 minutes ago, netbill1 said:

I am booked on this cruise on the 29th February. Do you know if it is still sailing?

You need to go to the X site and read the Travel Alert (you find the link at the very top of the page... click on Learn More). I did find this:

The Celebrity Millennium voyage of 2/29, departing from Singapore, has been modified and will now debark in Tokyo on 3/14 instead of Hong Kong.

14 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

You need to go to the X site and read the Travel Alert (you find the link at the very top of the page... click on Learn More). I did find this:

The Celebrity Millennium voyage of 2/29, departing from Singapore, has been modified and will now debark in Tokyo on 3/14 instead of Hong Kong.

We have received the modified itinerary from celebrity. The cruise that just returned a week early to Singapore had the same itinerary as the one we are doing. It was supposed to be disembarking in Tokyo to pick up more passengers on the 15th. It has also disappeared from their website.

7 hours ago, calicakes said:

I AM the original poster and I was trying for a Joke! You asked how we felt about all the changes my answer was confused.  

45 minutes ago, jo-b said:

I AM the original poster and I was trying for a Joke! You asked how we felt about all the changes my answer was confused.  

When I responded asking what you were confused about, I didn't realize you were the original poster.