Anthem Delay - the Latest

Jedge

S: Here's the latest concerning your sailing on Anthem of the Seas.
We're still waiting on the conclusive results from the CDC from their office in Atlanta, GA. We're planning to announce the status of boarding at 1:30 PM EST today. If we do not have confirmation of when we can expect results, our plan is to delay boarding until tomorrow. If we do end up needing to delay boarding until Sunday, we will provide you with updated boarding times, itinerary, and compensation at 1:30 PM EST. If we have to delay further, and you no longer want to sail with us on Sunday, we completely understand, and you may cancel and receive a full refund. We are hopeful that we will not need to delay your vacation further, but we also don't want to have you start to make your way to the terminal only for us to find out that we won't have the test results this afternoon. We will continue to provide updates every hour. We greatly appreciate your patience and apologize for this situation.

• Like 1

S: Here's the latest concerning your sailing on Anthem of the Seas.
We're still waiting for the results from the CDC. As we shared on our 11 AM update, if we do not have confirmation of when we can expect results by 1:30 PM, we are going with our alternate plan. At that time, we will provide you with updated boarding times, itinerary, and compensation. If we have to delay further, and you no longer want to sail, we completely understand, and you may cancel and receive a full refund. We will share another update at 1:00 PM EST or as soon as we hear from them, whichever comes first. Thanks for your patience and apologize for this situation.

• Like 1

So if I get a refund for the cruise, what about all the money I spent flying from Kansas? It’s a bad situation for them, I get it, but they are a big business. We are small consumers that cant just eat the cost.

• Like 1

iceberg1116, I guess the point is what Jedge posted -- some have flew all the way in for a cruise -- so a day or two shorter is better than nothing. Those who live in NJ -- well, they can just go home.

8 minutes ago, Jedge said:

@marci22 I get that I took the flight already, but I didn’t fly to NJ just for the heck of it. I flew to NJ solely for this cruise.

See what Ken said, above, about FCCs. 

I feel bad for you. I know it must be difficult keeping a 2 yo occupied in public. I hope you get on your cruise today.

• Thanks 1

S: Here's an update for your Anthem of the Seas sailing
We received an update from the CDC. Unfortunately, due to the volume of tests they are conducting for Coronavirus, they will need the next 24-48 hours to complete the test. Given this new news, we are going to push the departure date to Monday in order to have conclusive results before sailing. We will set sail from Cape Liberty, New Jersey on Monday, February 10th. We're currently finalizing our itinerary and compensation details and will share the details with you at 2:00 PM EST. We are trying our best to still make this a great experience for you. Please check your email for additional details or visit www.RoyalCaribbean.com/AnthemUpdates

• Like 3

edit I saw toad's post. So they will refund you and pay flight change fees to get home. Still stinks.

Hope they add a FCC to that package. I would wait til 2pm to see the complete details.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

I guess they are not even interested at this point to  try to fill whoever canceled cabin's. They are just saying do not show up , you will get credited a full refund.. Should be interesting just how many people show up. This might be an all time low for the amount of passengers on a cruiseship this size................Might turn into like booking a private yacht. Interesting...........

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess they are not even interested at this point to  try to fill whoever canceled cabin's. They are just saying do not show up , you will get credited a full refund.. Should be interesting just how many people show up. This might be an all time low for the amount of passengers on a cruiseship this size................Might turn into like booking a private yacht. Interesting...........

Sounds like a good time for Royal Up

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toad455 said:

So now a five day cruise is being planned. Out of Bayonne in the winter. Really just cancel it at this point. I have to imagine the majority of cruisers are cancelling.

Isn’t it better to let those who want to cruise the option of boarding the ship? 

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sounds like a good time for Royal Up

Can't use Royal Up since they don't know who is showing up, no changes until aleast sail-away time. They better be FREE changes!! for all this trouble.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Hit the CS desk as soon as the door closes and ask for an upgrade!!

Yup, Exactly !! maybe they will be like a waiting list for upgrades to the huge suites!!  Sounds like more fight potential between passengers and crew..

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1