Best Ever Sale

FiftyOnePlus

8 minutes ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

How anyone can look at this and see it as fair is beyond me.

You have presented your case multiple times in much the same way - and I get it.  I understand the frustration and the seeming unfairness.  IDK what Princess would have to say on the other side.  Have you tried to contact Customer Relations (ask to speak to them OTP as I presume time is of the essence)?  Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised by a creative solution if you present a logical calm case to them.  Venting on here isn't getting you anywhere.  Good luck.  I do think an appeal to CR is your best bet.  Either that or perhaps another cruise line will be sympathetic to your situation.

Edited by Steelers36

4 minutes ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

Our issue is because we have 2 cabins.

Cabin one.......Im in there with two children.
Cabin two......Husband in there with two children

Because we are separated as a couple, we can't get the deal as a couple.......
We can only get it if 2 children get it.

But.....
If we were to only book one cabin, and only take 2 children...........we can both have the offer and the two children dont have to take it.

We are paying 4 adults fares.
So therefore we should be allowed to take out 2 BES in one cabin but we cannot.
In order for me and my husband to have it........we have to take out FOUR of the offers.

So taking 4 children penalises us...........yet Princess are getting twice as much money out of us.

How anyone can look at this and see it as fair is beyond me.

2 or more PER CABIN and pay for 2 

simple, really

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You have presented your case multiple times in much the same way - and I get it.  I understand the frustration and the seeming unfairness.  IDK what Princess would have to say on the other side.  Have you tried to contact Customer Relations (ask to speak to them OTP as I presume time is of the essense).  Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised by a creative solution if you present a logical calm case to them.  Venting on here isn't getting you anywhere.  Good luck.  I do think an appeal to CR is your best bet.  Either that or perhaps another cruise line will be sympathetic to your situation.

simple , really - it's a PER CABIN promo

wonder if a solo has to pay for 2 since they mostly have to pay double fare, right ?

Edited by voljeep

22 minutes ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

The problem is because of rules, under 18s cannot be in a cabin by themselves on the booking form.
So one adult has to go in one cabin and the other in the other cabin.

And because the BES must be taken by guest 1 and 2.......Guest one is the adult and guest 2 is a child.  (even though we are paying adult price for them)

They will not allow us to take BES in just one cabin and let the two adults have them........because 'technically' it would be issued to an underage child.
And they will not allow us to book in the two adults in the same cabin......as they arent allowed to.

So we have to take out 4 BES's even though we dont want them for the kids..........

We pay twice as much money, paying adult fare for 2 children, have 2 cabins, will be buying 4 soda packages............yet we are denied the BES deal.

For some reason, I thought the age was 16 if the parents were in the next room....but, maybe even that wouldn't have worked.   Too bad ...

Does the family suite allow 6 pax?  Just ignore that question if you really didn't want to go that direction.  

Again, I still think the personal vacation planners might be of some help to you ... maybe??  I think if anyone can, I know they would probably be your best bet.  This definitely sounds unfair.  

We are booked in a suite along with our two over 18 children.  Our TA told us that all four of us must purchase it.   But it sounds like some of you are saying only passenger 1 and passenger 2 have to purchase the package.    I originally was going to get it for all four of us but our kids don't really drink so they said it would be a waste of money.   

Do I need to call Princess and go over my TA and ask??     

8 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

We are booked in a suite along with our two over 18 children.  Our TA told us that all four of us must purchase it.   But it sounds like some of you are saying only passenger 1 and passenger 2 have to purchase the package.    I originally was going to get it for all four of us but our kids don't really drink so they said it would be a waste of money.   

yes

38 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

You can opt guest 3& 4 out of the promo, however they will not only lose the non-alcoholic drinks package, but will also lose the gratuities and wifi.

8 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

But they don't have wifi now.   We all have free gratuities from the promo I booked under.

In other words you are NOT current booked under the Best Sale Ever but under a previous promo and are trying to add the upcharge codes for the extra perks?  If that is the case and you are adding the upcharge codes to add the beverage and/or wifi then ALL passengers must have same upgrade code/offers, no exemption for 3rd and 4th guests. 

Only if making a new booking, or completely re-faring under Best Sale Ever can 3rd/4th guests be opted out.  If ADDING the perks to existing booking without re-faring then they cannot be opted out.  Re-faring a booking would cause all previous Princess offers to be removed and would reset to prevailing rates/promos for your cabin as of time of re-fare

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

14 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

In other words you are NOT current booked under the Best Sale Ever but under a previous promo and are trying to add the upcharge codes for the extra perks?  If that is the case and you are adding the upcharge codes to add the beverage and/or wifi then ALL passengers must have same upgrade code/offers, no exemption for 3rd and 4th guests. 

Only if making a new booking, or completely re-faring under Best Sale Ever can 3rd/4th guests be opted out.  If ADDING the perks to existing booking without re-faring then they cannot be opted out.  Re-faring a booking would cause all previous Princess offers to be removed and would reset to prevailing rates/promos for your cabin as of time of re-fare

You are correct!!!      And I figured with the money we save for not taking the package, we can enjoy some adult beverages.  We have elite minutes.     My TA is really good so that is why I questioned what she said   BUT she was correct.                             

Thanks

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

2 or more PER CABIN and pay for 2 

simple, really

Unfortunately I believe this is what BSE entails. Does not matter if only 1 is an adult, it is that 2 people have to pay for the BSE per cabin. Yes, I agree, give Princess a call and see if there is anything they can do to work around the automatic program that I am sure is the issue. Good luck!

OP, this may seem like a dumb question and something you have arleady considered, but have you done the math for every option to see if it is as cost effective to just do BSE rather than purchasing separate amenities? Put aside all the thoughts/feelings about the terms and conditions of the package and just run the numbers. By this, I mean look at the cost to completely refare to BSE as well as looking at keeping what you have and just adding promos for drink/grats/wifi. It isn't always as cut and dried as it looks. Compare all of the options to what it would cost to purchase 4 soda packages, pay everyone's grats, and then whatever you would consider essential for the adults (wifi/drinks).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

OP, this may seem like a dumb question and something you have arleady considered, but have you done the math for every option to see if it is as cost effective to just do BSE rather than purchasing separate amenities? Put aside all the thoughts/feelings about the terms and conditions of the package and just run the numbers. By this, I mean look at the cost to completely refare to BSE as well as looking at keeping what you have and just adding promos for drink/grats/wifi. It isn't always as cut and dried as it looks. Compare all of the options to what it would cost to purchase 4 soda packages, pay everyone's grats, and then whatever you would consider essential for the adults (wifi/drinks).

Good point. When you pay the gratuities, it is not that much more to add the drinks.

27 minutes ago, Coral said:

Good point. When you pay the gratuities, it is not that much more to add the drinks.

we would add the BEST2DG to any cruise we were able to, unless it was booked under Sip 'N Sail, and then we would have to consider refaring to BEST SALE EVER ...

I hope it's extended, but who really knows at this point the ramifications of how this sale will change the availability of service for drinks

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Steelers36 said:

You have presented your case multiple times in much the same way - and I get it.  I understand the frustration and the seeming unfairness.  IDK what Princess would have to say on the other side.  Have you tried to contact Customer Relations (ask to speak to them OTP as I presume time is of the essence)?  Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised by a creative solution if you present a logical calm case to them.  Venting on here isn't getting you anywhere.  Good luck.  I do think an appeal to CR is your best bet.  Either that or perhaps another cruise line will be sympathetic to your situation.

We have telephoned them. Twice.
First lady didnt understand no matter how much we outlined the issue.
All she kept saying was it was a good deal and she would happily take it when her and her husband go on the next cruise with their children.

Yes, I thought....Id like to take it too.......for me and my husband. But we cant, because we are in separate cabins with under aged children........despite paying adult fare for 2 children, we still cant just buy 2 BES deals.

I came on here to see if anyone had the same problem or could at least see the unfairness of the situation..........but it doesnt seem as though many can see what I mean.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:11 AM, FiftyOnePlus said:

We are a couple taking 4 children on a cruise in the next few weeks and wanted to take up this offer, but, because we are taking 4 children and not 2.....we have to have 2 cabins......and 2 cabins mean one adult in each cabin.
So because  of that, we cannot take advantage of the Best Ever Sale.

We are paying adult fare for 2 children. We are paying adult fare for ourselves...........but still, we cannot have the Best Ever Sale deal.

Question: Since you are paying "adult fare" for two of the children aren't they old enough to be the "old person" in a cabin? They only have to be 17. Can't you switch the booking so both adults are in the same cabin and the "kids" are in a separate cabin? Once you are on the ship you can rearrange things as you see fit. If you are able to switch the booking in this manner you can take advantage of the BSE.

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Question: Since you are paying "adult fare" for two of the children aren't they old enough to be the "old person" in a cabin? They only have to be 17. Can't you switch the booking so both adults are in the same cabin and the "kids" are in a separate cabin? Once you are on the ship you can rearrange things as you see fit. If you are able to switch the booking in this manner you can take advantage of the BSE.

I am confused...what is adult fare?  There is a children's fare?

the OP clearly wants to only pay 2 "adult fares" that include the BSE, even tho they are in 2 different cabins … 

the OP represents this as the same as 2 "adults" in the SAME cabin getting BSE, then opting out of passengers 3 & 4 for the situation of 2 adults and 2 children in the SAME cabin

Solution is quite simple. Dump two of the kids with the in-laws, and enjoy your cruise.

You could make it fun by organizing competitions to see which two go. Maybe something along the lines of the X Factor.

I'm sure other CCers will be able to come up with other novel ideas.

• Haha 1

I do not think that there are adult and children fares in this situation.  Just a different rate for the 3rd or 4th person in any cabin.  The OP can move people around in different cabins, so that both parents are in one cabin (pay for two BSEs) or leave it the same and pay for four BSEs. Of course this depends on  the age of the child and Princess’s policy.

Although it may seem fair to a lot of people, it is clear that it will not seem fair to the OP.