CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

13 minutes ago, vlynn said:

Just bought 100 share this morning for 24$. How do we get the OBC? Is there a form or something? Thanks! 

Read through the thread. Several times mentioned how to get OBC in detail plus links.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Awesome. I have been 100 every week. I will again this week. Just looked it is at $22.61 andfluctuatingg. I bet you get it.

We did about a half hour ago. I have no clue why I never invested in CCL before, with as much as we cruise Carnival it just makes sense! Excited to officially be part of the family 😉 

13 minutes ago, gnocchi_mommy said:

We did about a half hour ago. I have no clue why I never invested in CCL before, with as much as we cruise Carnival it just makes sense! Excited to officially be part of the family 😉 

Welcome to the money maker. Remember all the OBC on Carnival owned ships. In addition, Princess also give you veterans OBC. Ijust put in for $21.50 100 for me and 100 for my wife. We will see if it drops to that. A min ago it went past $23.00

On 3/6/2020 at 2:01 AM, okinaw55 said:

I thought the floor was 37 not that long ago. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but something to consider .. As best I can tell there is now 2  cases in the Caribbean. Considering the summer season coming up and how much of Carnivals business is in the Caribbean, It's possible we could see wide spread cancellations. Stay tuned.

A major amount of cancellations will give opening for those that did not get the cabin they may have wanted. Also a lower cruise cost might happen. So much for the good. Not necessarily all bad.

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

A major amount of cancellations will give opening for those that did not get the cabin they may have wanted. Also a lower cruise cost might happen. So much for the good. Not necessarily all bad.

Except for the stockholders, and the company itself. Agreed.

Took the plunge and bought my first stock (CCL) (thru E*Trade). Set it up as a standard IRA (retired, so not eligible for Roth - no earned income). Bought it mostly for the shareholder benefits plus longer term stockholder benefits. Funded an IRA with $3000, so ended up with 132 shares at 22.76, if it gets cheaper short term - no biggie for me personally. We will hold the stock as long as we still sail Carnival (or sister ships HAL, Princess). I expect the price to eventually return to the $40 range long term. 132 shares was obviously more than I needed for the shareholder benefits but since I put the cash in an IRA, I couldn't really put the left over cash from buying just 100 shares back into my bank account so I just put the whole @ $3000 into CCL stock.

So I guess I'm in for the ride (long term). My guess is that it will be my only individual stock purchase.

We have 3 cruises coming up. A B2B (7 day) this year in Oct, plus a 15 day Hawaii for next year. So that should get us $450 total in OBC for the 3 cruises.

Also hoping Carnival extends their Cruise (not cancel) offer past May 31 so that we can get the additional $200 OBC from that for each of our Oct 2020 cruises.

Edited by SDPadreFan

22 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Except for the stockholders, and the company itself. Agreed.

That would depend on the price you paid for the stock. I still hold the 100 I got at $58. The other day I purchased at $32 today I put in for $21.50 we shall see. I know it will go up. Have you checked Royal stock. Wnt from $80 to $45 during the last 5 days. high this year as about $155. When the tech stocks took a hit I purchased 1090 of Royal and sold it 3 months later and make $15.00. Should never have sold it. Like I should never have sold my 1964 Ford Mustang. Who knew? All speculation. But with everything so low as oil is now. At the pump our regular yesterday was $2.14.99 Will it drop below $2.00? I do not think you can go wrong buying any stock that has plummeted.

5 hours ago, Farts said:

It already hit 23 today and is currently selling at 24.31. Did you end up buying at 25 or move it down to 22?

Got it at 25

It's a long term hold so I'll live with it.

It's at 21 something now😡

• Like 1

I bought 100 shares today for 21.78 a share. First time ever buying stock, I wish I could say it was easy but they have a lot of options to choose from. But I somehow figured it out. Now we can just sit and wait for it to double, triple, etc... 🤑

• Like 1