CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

1 hour ago, tree.critter said:

Opened Ameritrade account, going to buy if I can figure out how to work through this web site. Sheesh!  Going back up, need to figure this out soon!

I also used TD Ameritrade for the first time yesterday to buy my CCL stock. After you set up your account and add your money, In the search box type CCL the enter. That will open up a page that says BUY / SELL. Click buy and a new box will open at the bottom, fill the area in and then your review your order and that's it.  Good luck. 

6 hours ago, tree.critter said:

Opened Ameritrade account, going to buy if I can figure out how to work through this web site. Sheesh!  Going back up, need to figure this out soon!

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

it is on here. But just Google Carnival stockholders OBC form and print it out. it is self explanitory.

You could try to call their 800 number for new accounts, 1-800-645-7830. It is supposed to be available 24/7.

6 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

except you probably sold after a 10-15% drop. you can't time the market like that. not successful long term.

i hope you get lucky when you get back in.

Fellow Bronco fan, I sold on the first 1000 point drop lost 5-6% and am happy with my decision. I can always buy on the way up. I think today was an anomaly where investors were making major low buys. I am not a day trader and never though of the stock market in terms of luck. One thing for sure the tiny interest will continue without worry. I will definitely get back in when this mess is contained

6 hours ago, BrianMD said:

I was doing the same thing as I saw the price racing from $20.20 up to $23.00. Gonna hold off for now but I think I have it figured out.

I too am waiting.  I want to see the low twenties hold, as I have said since this thread started.  I am thrilled it didn't break into the teens.  

11 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I too am waiting.  I want to see the low twenties hold, as I have said since this thread started.  I am thrilled it didn't break into the teens.  

Had buy set at $19.75 and looked like it was going to happen then it turned and didn't get purchase until $23.50

5 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

There is talk of cutting the cruise lines bond ratings. That might hurt the stock further.

Maybe should sell the 100 purchased today at 23.50 and see what happens. Looks, looks like still hovering around 23.50 now

If you are buying the stock (100) shares just for the obc ,,Do what I did ,I bought 200 shares at  22.25   , Once it reaches 45-50 a share again I will sell 100 shares ,get all my $$  back that I invested today ,and Keep the remaining 100 shares ,free  for OBC for life 

2 hours ago, canes20 said:

Maybe should sell the 100 purchased today at 23.50 and see what happens. Looks, looks like still hovering around 23.50 now

Who knows what will happen in the short term? I bought mine to hold onto for a long time. Good dividend paying stock ( for now) and bought at a very low price. This time last year the price was around 57 dollars. I am holding my 250 shares in my IRA once I found out I could buy individual stocks.

3 hours ago, coevan said:

Fellow Bronco fan, I sold on the first 1000 point drop lost 5-6% and am happy with my decision. I can always buy on the way up. I think today was an anomaly where investors were making major low buys. I am not a day trader and never though of the stock market in terms of luck. One thing for sure the tiny interest will continue without worry. I will definitely get back in when this mess is contained

that was a good time to sell. you can wait until some of the gains are in. you know when you sold and as long as you buy in lower, you missed only losses!  

I think the terms "long term" and "short term" are very relative to some people. We buy stocks that give high dividends and will pass them on to the next generation. The BP stock I have pays me almost $3000 a year. It has been in our family for 3 generations. Throw in some Disney, P&G and now Carnival at a great price. These stocks have been paying our family for up to 40 years. That is long term.

13 hours ago, RjayB said:

Assuming 7-day cruises, the max would be 52 times per year.

I know you're joking. But on our most recent cruise, there was a couple that were on 18 B2B cruises in a row. It was a "retirement gift" to themselves. I wonder what the record is.

• Like 1