RCL Stock

heidikay

20 hours ago, nelblu said:

However, what I was trying to point out was that neighborhood balconies are going at a much higher price than an ocean view balconies.  Usually it’s the opposite. 

I've noticed that lately, too 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2024 at 10:52 AM, livingonthebeach said:

Yes, the question is when.  However analysts have give RCL a target price of $172 in the near future - will hold on to it until then 🤞

All cruise line stocks seem to be taking a beating today...

• Like 1

Definitely seeing softness in the cruising fares as of September this year. Many cruisers will be adjusting their higher priced fares from 6 months ago.

One year out bookings seem to be weak with many more cabins to choose from compared to the last 16 months.

The only high demand season seems to be summer but even that is starting to show weakness at the end of August.

Unfortunately, I have 9 bookings, and none show any price decreases.  Just wondering if the added capacity of some of the new mega ship is impacting the softness as folks like the best and newest.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe time for RCI to start courting its upper tier C&A members again?

I wouldn’t argue with that….. and that includes doing a little better with the loyalty perks at courting those that aren’t Ps to move to X. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

They did for me...luring me to X as a newly minted Z.  😄  

1,800 Carrot Stick Cartoon Royalty-Free Photos and Stock ...

The P's definitely made out well with the change. For D+ RCI is the better option, at least it is for me.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Pretty harsh words from a Canadian..

How else would you describe charging solos 250% or 300%.  Even 200% would a joke with the wifi and drink package vost for 2 built into the price. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The P's definitely made out well with the change. For D+ RCI is the better option, at least it is for me.

Agree there.  Had no idea that we would score a double set of perks once we made Pinnie. 🙂 

Perfect timing with our first X cruise coming up in Dec.  😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Just wondering if the added capacity of some of the new mega ship is impacting the softness as folks like the best and newest.

That plus the change in focus from 7 day (and longer) sailings to 4 days with most stopping at Coco Cay.  Now they require double the number of bookings to maintain same occupancy level.  Long weekend itineraries might attract more Fl residents but others won't want to deal with hassles of flying for just a 4 day sailing.  Doubt families used to doing 7 days book two 4's instead.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Long weekend itineraries might attract more Fl residents but others won't want to deal with hassles of flying for just a 4 day sailing.  Doubt families used to doing 7 days book two 4's instead.

Theme parks + short cruise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Theme parks + short cruise.

We did 7 day cruise + 7 days MK several times when kids were young (and prices for both much more affordable).  Today doubt I'd pay for car rental and long drive from Orlando to PE or MIA for just 4 days.  Not worth the unpacking / repacking.  More likely to just extend MK or add Universal and include a day at one of their water parks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

We did 7 day cruise + 7 days MK several times when kids were young (and prices for both much more affordable).  Today doubt I'd pay for car rental and long drive from Orlando to PE or MIA for just 4 days.  Not worth the unpacking / repacking.  More likely to just extend MK or add Universal and include a day at one of their water parks.

Royal is also doing 3/4 day out of PC.

I personally wouldn't do it, but there are plenty of people that will.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Royal is also doing 3/4 day out of PC.

I personally wouldn't do it, but there are plenty of people that will.

If I were going to do a 4+3 to make a week then I'd probably just do a 7 out of Bayonne as the itineraries for all of those sailings are fairly poor at best.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I were going to do a 4+3 to make a week then I'd probably just do a 7 out of Bayonne as the itineraries for all of those sailings are fairly poor at best.

We usually don't do anything shorter than a 14 night...but opted to do a very unusual (for us) 4 night out of PC just last month.  

Three reasons...20 minutes to the port from home.  Had never been on Allure before.  Wanted to see Mamma Mia while we still could.  

Nice little fill in cruise, enjoyed Allure, but totally bummed that all Mamma Mia shows were cancelled.  

Oh well, adding to RCL coffers.  😉   And even a little 50 PC stock bonus to enjoy while on board.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

We usually don't do anything shorter than a 14 night...but opted to do a very unusual (for us) 4 night out of PC just last month.  

Three reasons...20 minutes to the port from home.  Had never been on Allure before.  Wanted to see Mamma Mia while we still could.  

Nice little fill in cruise, enjoyed Allure, but totally bummed that all Mamma Mia shows were cancelled.  

Oh well, adding to RCL coffers.  😉   And even a little 50 PC stock bonus to enjoy while on board.  

What’s a 50 PC stock bonus? I thought all you got was $100 or $250 obc depending on the length of the cruise.

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

If I booked Allure and Mamma Mia didn't happen I would be so bummed.😒

• Like 2

While Royal will certainly welcome existing cruisers on the short cruisers their main intention with Wonder and Utopia is to go after the new to cruise business which is a huge market.  

For existing cruisers it may not appeal but it has a lot of appeal to those  who have never cruised.  It is not as big of an investment in both time and money to try a new type of vacation that they may be hesitant about trying.

It's all about offering up a brand new product that will draw in new guests to try cruising and then hopefully get them back on board for the longer cruises.  

Short vacations, whether it's a weekend to Vegas, Disney, a beach or another city is a huge market that Royal is now going after with some of the best ships they have.

• Thanks 1