RCL Stock

heidikay

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

I put some shares in my wife’s name and some in mine.  Then you book separate rooms with one person in each who owns 100 shares.  This will get the credit.

regardless of number of shareholders in a cabin it is only one benefit per cabin.

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The share must be in two different names. having 200 shares all in your name will only get you one OBC.  

You need 2 cabins each cabin having a registered shareholder holding 100 shares in order to get OBC for each cabin

Slight tweak.  I think this from the FAQ means if you hold 200 shares jointly and are each in a separate cabin, each cabin get the $100 OBC. 

"The benefit is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 shares) is sailing. Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis, double occupancy. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom on any one sailing. If shares are held jointly, 100 shares are required for each onboard credit request on any one sailing."

Tom

Did anyone else notice how Pence waited till end of business day yesterday to announce positive test results on grand princess.  I suspect they planned that to avoid further collapse of markets and give themselves this weekend to formulate plan of action.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Slight tweak.  I think this from the FAQ means if you hold 200 shares jointly and are each in a separate cabin, each cabin get the $100 OBC. 

"The benefit is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 shares) is sailing. Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis, double occupancy. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom on any one sailing. If shares are held jointly, 100 shares are required for each onboard credit request on any one sailing."

Tom

Didn't realize about the jointly part.  Thanks

6 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Tom

I think they must have tweeked that with the June 2019 revisions.  I could have sworn one time I tried that and they said it had to be in the person in the cabins name.  Albeit my name is the only one on that brokerage account and it’s not a joint brokerage account.  We had to create a separate brokerage acccount for my wife and then transfer 100 shares to her so she could get credit as well as me when we did it.  Could have changed June 2019 with the new revisions or it could have been RCL being typically inconsistently consistent.

Edited by rimmit

25 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Tom

Tom,

Please help.  We are not clear with that last sentence regarding the "if the shares are held jointly, 100 shares are required for each onboard credi request on any one sailing."

We have a joint account, 100 shares...our understanding is we can apply for $100 per cabin per sailing?

Or do we need to own another 100 shares? Or should it be separate accounts for each of us?

Confused...thank you.

Just now, bonsai3s said:

Tom,

Please help.  We are not clear with that last sentence regarding the "if the shares are held jointly, 100 shares are required for each onboard credi request on any one sailing."

We have a joint account, 100 shares...our understanding is we can apply for $100 per cabin per sailing?

Or do we need to own another 100 shares? Or should it be separate accounts for each of us?

Confused...thank you.

You need at least 200 shares in a joint account to get credit in two cabins is what I am reading.  Or 100 shares in separate accounts.

So you need another 100 shares if you only have 100 to get two cabins worth of credits

3 minutes ago, rimmit said:

You need at least 200 shares in a joint account to get credit in two cabins is what I am reading.  Or 100 shares in separate accounts.

So you need another 100 shares if you only have 100 to get two cabins worth of credits

Thanks Rimmit!

Ok, so if with our joint account of 100 shares...we can apply for $100 for one cabin, per sailing.

Thanks again.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:12 PM, Biker19 said:

Tough to know when to catch a falling knife.

My plan is to wait until the knife hits the floor and bounces up a bit.  

Impossible to know what the exact bottom will be, but I feel confident the bottom won't happen until the virus stabilizes. Once cruises are not longer being canceled because of the virus (either because the virus is contained or more likely because it is so widespread a corona virus on-board is viewed as nor more significant than a flu patient being on board).  Granted my entry point will be a few dollars above the bottom.  Predicting the exact bottom is impossible.  But I would rather buy on the way up than the way down.  Much less risky that way.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xcell said:

Do you guys know if you buy 200 shares and book two rooms, do you get the $100 obc per room or does it have to be  the 100 shares per person (e.g. in a family, 100 for husband, 100 for wife).

No jokes about sleeping in separate cabins, our friends have to always book 2 because they have 4 kids (and now they have to sleep in separate cabin so they won't have any more)

If you have at least 200 shares that have both persons name on it, you can get credit for two seperate cabins.  As long as there is a shareholder in each one.  Ie cant have both shareholders in one cabin and get credit for a different cabin.

3 minutes ago, frank808 said:

If you have at least 200 shares that have both persons name on it, you can get credit for two seperate cabins.  As long as there is a shareholder in each one.  Ie cant have both shareholders in one cabin and get credit for a different cabin.

Thanks, I think that was going to be my next question since some couples share this he same account.

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Thanks Rimmit!

Ok, so if with our joint account of 100 shares...we can apply for $100 for one cabin, per sailing.

Thanks again.

Yes.  Would need 200 sharws in joint account for 2 cabins to get discount. 

Gosh! what a disappointment.  After all the excitement of purchasing 100 shares, completing the application for the OBC, and emailing the form...we received a response:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation ******* as it is not combinable with the price code listed on your reservation. We hope you have an enjoyable cruise."
We hope you have an enjoyable cruise.
Kind Regards,
Karen
Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------😬🙄😒

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Gosh! what a disappointment.  After all the excitement of purchasing 100 shares, completing the application for the OBC, and emailing the form...we received a response:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation ******* as it is not combinable with the price code listed on your reservation. We hope you have an enjoyable cruise."
We hope you have an enjoyable cruise.
Kind Regards,
Karen
Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------😬🙄😒

when did you book the cruise?  Since they removed many restrictions after Jun 2019 it has been much easier to get applied.  When did you book and what offers did you have on your cruise?

On 3/5/2020 at 10:49 AM, A&L_Ont said:

I'm waiting until it is $30 before I consider it.  I might or might not own stock in the future.  I don't need it but at the right price, for me, I will consider it.

After the new US State Dept advisory this weekend to not travel by ship or plane if your health is compromised, you and I both might see that ‘will consider buying’ price in the next week or three. 🙂 

On 3/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, Aintnofun007 said:

i bought some and plan on buying some more as it drops!

With the new travel advisory from the CDC and the State Department, not going to have to wait long for more big drops.

15 hours ago, rimmit said:

when did you book the cruise?  Since they removed many restrictions after Jun 2019 it has been much easier to get applied.  When did you book and what offers did you have on your cruise?

Thanks again Rimmit.

Booked Dec. of 2018. Difficult to tell what offers we we had at that time.

We typically book cruises early.  Note: We booked 5 consecutive cruises on the Adventure, disembarking next month, 4 of the sailings are in a JS and one in a suite.  Got denied on 4, and received the OBC on the suite sailing.

Very interesting and learning. 

38 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Thanks again Rimmit.

Booked Dec. of 2018. Difficult to tell what offers we we had at that time.

We typically book cruises early.  Note: We booked 5 consecutive cruises on the Adventure, disembarking next month, 4 of the sailings are in a JS and one in a suite.  Got denied on 4, and received the OBC on the suite sailing.

Very interesting and learning. 

That would be the issue.  You had to book after the new rules to get the new rules applied.  😞  well for the future you will be able to get it.

Any guesses to where it will end tomorrow; higher or lower.  I’m going with the obvious lower and between $45-$50 range.  Maybe lower?🤷‍♂️

No odds or bets folks, just guesses. 

Then there is Virgin Cruise Line... what a time to enter the market place and cruise world. 🤦‍♂️😱

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Stock futures are down over 1000 to open in the morning. Oil dropped 31% over night. Lowest it’s been in 20 years. WTH all the wonderful news over the weekend I wouldn’t be surprised to see the travel stocks drop another 15-20% tomorrow. Really don’t know what kind of good news can stop the bleeding right now. 
Word of a potential vaccine would definitely do the job. We can only hope

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Word of a potential vaccine would definitely do the job. We can only hope

It could help, but it will take time for research, testing and mass production.  And then that is followed by the cost of the vaccine.  One can only hope it is quicker than I suspect. 

Eight or nine days ago I don’t think there were any deceased Americans, right now it is 21.  US is 9th in reported numbers at 547 and only 8 have recovered to date. 

Looking at the numbers there is a more negative to come for NA, let alone the rest of the world.  I don’t even want to guess, but my gut feeling is months before things stabilize in NA.  Maybe longer if things are not taken more seriously.  I’d love to be wrong. 

US numbers. 

CCD8A565-0733-46E3-B1B7-6E245AF0645B.thumb.png.eafc8733468452468a401616be405d6e.png

World numbers. 

4847F33B-C462-46A6-98E4-E003A363F853.thumb.png.0e4f56304f4eb853fc59c00c70d70b15.png

Edited by A&L_Ont