RCL Stock

heidikay

8 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

There is no loss or gain until you sell.  Actually, there is "gain" from dividends and OBC prior to selling.

Actually, there is loss or gain before you sell. It is just realised when you sell.

Edited by The_Big_M

3 hours ago, PatMunits said:

There's time to wait. There's no panic on Wall Street yet. 

No panic?

On February 19th, about two weeks ago, the DJIA was at 29.348.  Today, it sits at 26,121.  That's over 3000 points in two weeks!  Most individual investors have probably done much worse than the averages.  I'd call that a panic!

Having said that, I agree with much of what you say. 

Basically, earnings reports will be meaningless for the next few quarters.  The only issue will be the coronavirus.  This is especially true for any stock in the travel or hospitality industry.

Nothing is certain on Wall Street.  Yes, the long term trend is up, but many individual stocks will never recover.

Caveat Emptor!

• Like 1

Following this thread with great interest.

Sorry if it has been previously asked: Once we've purchased 100 shares of RCL stocks, could we also apply for the $100 obc if we sail on Celebrity?  Thank you.

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Following this thread with great interest.

Sorry if it has been previously asked: Once we've purchased 100 shares of RCL stocks, could we also apply for the $100 obc if we sail on Celebrity?  Thank you.

Yes

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

On February 19th, about two weeks ago, the DJIA was at 29.348.  Today, it sits at 26,121.  That's over 3000 points in two weeks!  Most individual investors have probably done much worse than the averages.  I'd call that a panic!

Don't know that it is panic so much as an overdue correction.  The market has been on a nearly 10 year bull run.  Historically, that's a long run.  Coronavirus may be the "excuse" for the correction.  Lots (and lots) of opportunities if you know where to look as solid companies with a very bright future are getting caught up.

I think Royal fits that solid company description but will defer to my advisor.  I'm paying for him to manage my money because he's smarter about these things than me and keeps me honest.  It "feels" like the right thing to buy Royal now (shareholder OBC aside) but I recognize that I'm thinking more emotionally than intellectually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Pre open trading 62.90

And my bet is as long as the media keeps talking about cruise ship quarenteens, like the Grand Princess story that is presently on TV as I write this, it will keep dropping.  It is one thing to get on a plane that you have to for whatever reason. It is quite another to voluntarily get on a ship that you may get stuck on. I think plenty of vacationers are not going to risk that type of disruprion to their lives.

I wonder how many people are presently listening to Dr. Oz on the today show right now saying he would advise older people not to travel or be in crowds?

The media is going to continue to drive this stock down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder how many people are presently listening to Dr. Oz on the today show right now saying he would advise older people not to travel or be in crowds?

The media is going to continue to drive this stock down.

Damn I'm in trouble😇

Edited by molly361

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I just bought some today. I board Freedom of the Seas on Sunday. Is there any way I can get the OBC applied in this short of a time frame?

I bought shares on a Thursday (3 weeks ago) and applied right away online for a cruise on Saturday. Got the email that they had been applied on Monday while I was on the cruise. I waited until Wednesday and still no OBC applied. I made the trip to guest relations and they sent an email to the mainland dept for this. Still nothing on Friday so I went to guest relations again. This time they called. They showed me in writing their terms stating that this was to be done 6-8 weeks before sailing. They said that they would still try to get approved regardless. A couple hrs later I got a call that said the $100 OBC was applied.

So you can see, it can be done.

I bought at $114.60 and sold for $116.14 the next day. Lucky!!!!

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Started falling fast again this morning.  Down $5 in under a minute

It's going to keep going down.  The impact to the cruise industry will be getting worse.  We are just now seeing cases spreed throughout the US and the rest of the world.   Even if this turns out not to be a big deal it is going to be really bad in the near future on vacations and travel.

Edited by fred30

We made the leap in early trading today, so we are up a couple of dollars a share as of now, but we expect this to be a roller coaster ride for a long while.

On a related note, we have a couple of cruises that were booked before June 1, 2019 but were repriced after June 1.  Does anyone know if the reprice resets the clock on stockholder OBC like it does for myVegas?

Took what I believed to be a low risk approach this morning selling  RCL Jan '22 $50 puts @ $13.  If stock is above $50 in 22 months I pocket the $12, if not I'm forced to buy in at $37.  Did same with CCL, selling Jan '22 $25 puts @  $6.  If exercised I'm buying in at $19.  Hopefully CV-19 is in the rear view mirror by then.

Then this appeared on Reuters and RCL dropped $7:

Exclusive: U.S. considering discouraging some travelers from cruises - sources

REUTERS 11:26 AM ET 3/6/2020

By David Shepardson, Alexandra Alper and Ted Hesson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is considering ways to discourage U.S. travelers from taking cruises as part of a broader Trump administration effort to limit the spread of coronavirus, according to four officials familiar with the situation.

The officials, who asked to remain anonymous, said no decision has been made. The discussions are taking place ahead of a meeting between Vice President Mike Pence, who is in charge of leading the U.S. response to the coronavirus, and the cruise industry this weekend.

The administration could advise some or all U.S. travelers to avoid taking cruises in the face of a growing number of coronavirus cases on cruise ships, officials said.

(Reporting by David Shepardson; Editing by Howard Goller)

Edited by Baron Barracuda
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Took what I thought to be a low risk gamble this morning selling  RCL Jan '22 $50 puts @ $13.  If stock is above $50 in 22 months I pocket the $12, if not I'm forced to buy in at $37.  Did same with CCL, selling Jan '22 $25 puts @  $6.  If exercised I'm buying in at $19.  Hopefully CV-19 is in the rear view mirror by then.

Then saw this on Reuters:

Exclusive: U.S. considering discouraging some travelers from cruises - sources

REUTERS 11:26 AM ET 3/6/2020

By David Shepardson, Alexandra Alper and Ted Hesson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is considering ways to discourage U.S. travelers from taking cruises as part of a broader Trump administration effort to limit the spread of coronavirus, according to four officials familiar with the situation.

The officials, who asked to remain anonymous, said no decision has been made. The discussions are taking place ahead of a meeting between Vice President Mike Pence, who is in charge of leading the U.S. response to the coronavirus, and the cruise industry this weekend.

The administration could advise some or all U.S. travelers to avoid taking cruises in the face of a growing number of coronavirus cases on cruise ships, officials said.

(Reporting by David Shepardson; Editing by Howard Goller)

Thanks for the explanations of stocks option.

Seems like a good deal.

36 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

We made the leap in early trading today, so we are up a couple of dollars a share as of now, but we expect this to be a roller coaster ride for a long while.

On a related note, we have a couple of cruises that were booked before June 1, 2019 but were repriced after June 1.  Does anyone know if the reprice resets the clock on stockholder OBC like it does for myVegas?

no it does not change the booking date.