Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

Given the current cruise is on day 14... Covid-19 can live in surfaces for 9 days and once contracted can have an average incubation period averaging 5 days. New cases could be popping up at any time on the Grand if tests come back positive.

US Considering discouraging some travelers from cruising.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-cruiseships-exclus/exclusive-u-s-considering-discouraging-some-travelers-from-cruises-sources-idUSKBN20T29M

(Guess: elderly & those with compromised immune systems, asthma or other lung issues, and cardiac issues. But that is just my guess.)

53 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I doubt it that a single person could infect everyone on board. Especially if its been 12 days already. I heard of that cruiser in CA. It was detained as far as I am concerned but its still unclear whats going on there. The only information I get is from my grandma who lives in Los Angeles. She told there isnt much news on TV about it. Just some here and there. I dont believe that if it was something big they would just keep silence. Such info expands very quickly 

A single passenger led to the outbreak on the Diamond that infected 700 people. Just saying.

19 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Given the current cruise is on day 14... Covid-19 can live in surfaces for 9 days * and once contracted can have an average incubation period averaging 5 days. New cases could be popping up at any time on the Grand if tests come back positive.

The 3/7/20 cruise has been canceled.  I'm on the next one 3/22/20. Is there a snowball in he!! chance I can still go? 🤞

*Reference please

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

A single passenger led to the outbreak on the Diamond that infected 700 people. Just saying.

What's even more mind blowing is that this all started from a seafood market in China that was illegally selling wild animal meat for human consumption.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Grandeur of the Seas sailed out of Baltimore on 2/20

That tracks because the patient is in Maryland and the Grand came back on 2/21. There could be 2 unlucky ships out there right now.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/second-presumptive-positive-colorado-coronavirus-case-is-douglas-county-woman-who-traveled-internationally/

Our second Colorado presumtive positive was also a cruise ship passenger who recently returned from an international cruise.

I don't know why they don't list the cruise ship when making these announcements.

Edited by AWorldCruise4Me
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The 3/7/20 cruise has been canceled.  I'm on the next one 3/22/20. Is there a snowball in he!! chance I can still go? 🤞

*Reference please

We are too. We received a move over from 1-22. 

Denise 

16 minutes ago, AWorldCruise4Me said:

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/second-presumptive-positive-colorado-coronavirus-case-is-douglas-county-woman-who-traveled-internationally/

Our second Colorado presumtive positive was also a cruise ship passenger who recently returned from an international cruise.

I don't know why they don't list the cruise ship when making these announcements.

Same person as mentioned in this article maybe? If so it sounds like he was also on the Grand

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/colorado-substitute-teacher-self-quarantines-after-returning-from-cruise-with-coronavirus-case

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not quite. So far several others from that cruise have been confirmed to have the virus. So that means more than one person spreading it.

Also, no idea when or where those people first contracted the virus. Was it before they got omn the ship? Was it in a port in Mexico? Was it on the ship from an unidentified positive person?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AWorldCruise4Me said:

i love that in general about the news . they will say something like a major fast food roast beef chain...or something like that. instead of the real news. maybe certain brands pay to stay out of the news 🙂

• Like 2

Test results shortly annouced,

23 minutes ago, Aprilfoolx said:

Following.

Any updates from those currently on the Grand? How is it going?

Test results are shortly, but again why is the number of passengers showing symptoms increasing,?

39 minutes ago, Aprilfoolx said:

Following.

Any updates from those currently on the Grand? How is it going?

Based on the Roll Call posts, having everyone order room service for dinner went about as well as you would expect. People were waiting 3+ hours to get their food. Some people gave up and just went to bed hungry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arabrab said:

US Considering discouraging some travelers from cruising.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-cruiseships-exclus/exclusive-u-s-considering-discouraging-some-travelers-from-cruises-sources-idUSKBN20T29M

(Guess: elderly & those with compromised immune systems, asthma or other lung issues, and cardiac issues. But that is just my guess.)

Or can't afford to miss a month of work.

1 hour ago, dchip said:

We are too. We received a move over from 1-22. 

Denise 

My whole family (3 balcony cabins) was offered the "Move over" from 1/22 Grand sailing.  We took the cruise, not the move over because of work schedules.  

WHEW!   lucky us.      But now we are concerned or the wonderful crew who made the cruise wonderful.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I have been reading their roll call.  Some are posting.

30 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Based on the Roll Call posts, having everyone order room service for dinner went about as well as you would expect. People were waiting 3+ hours to get their food. Some people gave up and just went to bed hungry.

reading OK, posting if not on that cruise - a no-no per the Effective Immediately: Do not post about Coronavirus on Roll Calls if you aren't sailing on that cruise!!