Problem With Cruise Critic Website

For the past couple of days, I've noticed the links at the top of each page do not move when scrolling down a page. The links I'm referring to are:

Cruise Critic      Research      Find a Cruise      Shore Excursions      Search Box

The links do function no matter what they are superimposed over so this certainly is not normal behavior for the Cruise Critic website. It doesn't matter what page I'm on or which cruiseline I'm reading, these links always stay at the top of the page and somehow block text that is on the page unless I scroll away from the links. Hope I'm making myself clear on this. Anyone else having this issue with the website?

I emailed Cruise Critic and explained the issue. It is now all fixed. I realize now that those links are supposed to have a solid white back ground and not "clear" so the page shows through. The IT team is great to have fixed the issue so quickly after I emailed them. It was fixed within 15 minutes!

Thank you IT Team!

For several days, I could go to the screen showing all the boards but couldn't get into any of them.  It looked like 2 pages on top of one another.  Yesterday, it was back to "normal". 

It would be nice to get some notice or see an explanation if the site is not going to work correctly or is in the middle of maintenance or an upgrade.

Patti 

• Like 2

That happened to me the other day.  I posted on another social media site since I couldn't post on cruise critic.  I was told to delete my history or try another browser.  I tried another browser and no longer had the superimposed screens.  Today I'm back on my original browser (Chrome) and all works fine.  Hmm?  This is why I'm not an IT person - haha

Mine was the same for a few days.  I finally decided to clear history, website data and cookies, and it immediately solved the problem.  So, that is what I would recommend. 🙂

46 minutes ago, scooter6251 said:

Mine is like this too.  For 2 days with Latest version of Firefox

This 👆.  On a desktop PC, also running latest version of Firefox.  It's been about 4 or more days for me.

Pat

34 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Oh dear. Not good. I don't know why this wasn't fixed for all the browsers. Then, I'm certainly not an IT person.

33 minutes ago, vistapat said:

This 👆.  On a desktop PC, also running latest version of Firefox.  It's been about 4 or more days for me.

Pat

Happen to see my post #11?  Those keystrokes work in all browsers.

3 hours ago, hallux said:

If that happens, force a full refresh (shift-F5 on a PC, cmd-shift-r on a Mac), that will pull a full fresh copy of the page code and should fix the issue.

Good advice, shift-F5 fixed it for me in Chrome / Windows. 

14 hours ago, hallux said:

Happen to see my post #11?  Those keystrokes work in all browsers.

1 hour ago, fred30 said:

I think Firefox is Ctr + F5 to Refresh.

Will try Ctr + F5 since shift + F5 did not work.  Not near that computer at the moment.

Pat

30 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What does this have to do with Royal Caribbean at all? 

Well I could not read what people here were saying and since I'm booked, would have liked to.

I'm on android tablet and today is first time in a week or two I could get on.

Found out about new cancel policy etc. To me it has to do with reading the rcl boards. Glad its finally fixed for me.