What did you receive when you cancelled?

LMaxwell

I cancelled my cruise this morning and the agent on the phone was not able to provide any sort of email, invoice, notification, FCC #, etc.  She just said look for an email in a few weeks.  I have no proof from Celebrity that I cancelled other than my own note that I "Spoke to Lisa on 3/11 to Cancel cruise".  

Has anyone else received any type of receipt showing they cancelled during the period where the 100% FCC would be granted

I had booked direct with celebrity on the phone and cancelled the same way. 

Just now, AdGuyMG said:

The agent should have provided you with a 7 character cancellation confirmation that starts with the letter Z.

As an example, it would be formatted like this:  Z573W2K.

Thank you, I must call back in I suppose.  

I called back and they said that code is not generated until all the cancelations are batched at end of day and there is no receipt they can provide me at this time and no such cancelation number. 

18 minutes ago, AdGuyMG said:

The agent should have provided you with a 7 character cancellation confirmation that starts with the letter Z.

As an example, it would be formatted like this:  Z573W2K.

Thank you AdGuyMG,

Only got an e-mail indicating the extras were being refunded from my charge account, no 7 character Cancellation Code; the rep never mentioned that; will call back also.  Thanks again!

Nothing was provided over the phone but the next day I received an email detailing the charges returned to my credit card and zeroing out the charges for the cruise that I cancelled.  I also made a new booking for December and my agent said that she could see the details in my previous booking and she confirmed the amount of FCC. 

Cancelled, but through our TA. Day after cancellation, received from her the very important cancellation number as noted in previous responses. Also received, three days later, a complete run down sheet from X pertaining to two items that had been placed on our credit card that were being refunded to same card.

The cancellation number is very important in that it is the number you will use when rebooking another cruise to have the funds used from the canceled cruise toward payment for the new cruise.

3 minutes ago, cruisnfool said:

What happens to your perks

When you cancel a cruise, any perks associated with the booking are lost. If you receive an FCC and use it for a future booking, you'll get whatever perks are being offered at that time.

Four of us had to cancel in early February due to a travel friend getting a cancer diagnosis.  Two of us received money back on credit card, but the other two, including me, are still waiting for the rest of our credit which is over 1,000 pp.  We would have already had it, but someone in one of the departments canceled it for some reason.  I have been following up for a couple weeks now, having a person who is keeping me aprised of the entire situation.  The big box company just wanted me to keep waiting, but there is a point where you just know that something is not right.  I am so glad that I did call Celebrity 'because I would have been waiting for months with everything else that is happening.  My next cruise, a b2b is in October, and I have quite a few more through April 2020.  I totally understand this conundrum, but after a month, it was definitely time to move forward, so I can move on and send in my insurance for the $200 cancel fee.  It has to be filed within 90 days, and I need these records too.

Edited by Lastdance

I cancelled my March 29 cruise yesterday and was immediately given a 7 digit cancellation confirmation number.  Celebrity rep said I would not receive an email confirmation.  She said I'd receive an email with the FCC information in about two weeks.

1 hour ago, cruisnfool said:

Do you think you would still lose your perks if Celebrity cancels

The perks are lost, but when Celebrity triggers the cancellation, it will sometimes offer some additional compensation such as OBC for a future cruise.

20 minutes ago, 39august said:

Anything said about using FCC for existing cruise? We have about 8 crises already booked. Don't want to cancel and rebook as "new" cruise. Rates are higher now, of course.

Yes, you can use the FCC on an exiting booking.

I canceled my fully paid 3/20 cruise Saturday with my TA (Costco) on-line and I received an email from Costco saying my cruise was canceled. There was no confirmation number.

I spoke to an assistant in Lisa Perloff’s office (X President) this morning and she confirmed that my cruise was canceled but my Flights by Celebrity were not canceled. She took care of that and said I would get a credit card refund for the full amount of the flights, my prepaid excursions, taxes and port fees. She said to use my cruise confirmation # as my confirmation.

Edited by luv2cruisemore

1 hour ago, luv2cruisemore said:

I canceled my fully paid 3/20 cruise Saturday with my TA (Costco) on-line and I received an email from Costco saying my cruise was canceled. There was no confirmation number.

I spoke to an assistant in Lisa Perloff’s office (X President) this morning and she confirmed that my cruise was canceled but my Flights by Celebrity were not canceled. She took care of that and said I would get a credit card refund for the full amount of the flights, my prepaid excursions, taxes and port fees. She said to use my cruise confirmation # as my confirmation.

for your flights by celebrity - did you book refundable or non-refundable flights?  full refund on credit card or a credit to use at a different time?  

thanks.

Our cruise was canceled yesterday. Today I received an email from our TA with all of the information... amount refunded to cc and amount per person FCC. Our family traveling with us also received an email noting refunds for purchases (ie upgrading drink package).

13 hours ago, LSKC said:

for your flights by celebrity - did you book refundable or non-refundable flights?  full refund on credit card or a credit to use at a different time?  

thanks.

I booked refundable until final payment which was 90 days ago and then a $200 per person fee until the flight date. I will be getting 100% back onto my credit card.