Upgrade Surprise

Cruise Raider

Princess is very SMART by upgrade us this early.  By doing this if the price drops on our old price we can't ask for OBC because we are in the higher category.  Win win for Princess.

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Like 2

We did not get an upgrade, not a problem but I do have a question about upgrade status. We travel with another couple and, I think, we say Do Not Upgrade so that we are not separated from them. Do I need to check with TA what our upgrade status is ? I am sure she is overloaded so do not want to bother her unnecessarily.

21 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We did not get an upgrade, not a problem but I do have a question about upgrade status. We travel with another couple and, I think, we say Do Not Upgrade so that we are not separated from them. Do I need to check with TA what our upgrade status is ? I am sure she is overloaded so do not want to bother her unnecessarily.

If you have it marked, it won't be. If you have cabins next to eachother the upgrade can't guarantee that. I had no real preference on this next cruise, as they don't have a normal aft corner balcony so I said to let it have a chance 😂😂

23 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We got an upgrade this morning also Interior to Aft Facing deluxe balcony ...Christmas week ..we will take it happily .

Thank You Princess.

Wow ... that's awesome!!  

Just curious ... was your inside cabin also aft?  I was midship and given a room midship.  Princess is really impressive through this whole ordeal.  

DUCHESSRN

You received an excellent upgrade,especially for a Christmas week cruise !

I was surprised today also as an e mail from Princess informed us of an upgrade from a Deluxe Balcony cabin to a Mini Suite.

We were originally booked on Caribe  deck,mid forward, starboard. We are now on Marina deck,mid forward,starboard. It is a higher deck than we are used to,but we still have the starboard location we prefer as it is the better side of the ship for the sailaway from Brooklyn. 

We had originally  wanted to book a Mini Suite ,but the fare was a bit above our travel budget. We do like the set-up of such a cabin with the curtain that separates the bedroom and sitting areas.

Now, we hope that the Corona virus will not be an issue by early November. Fingers crossed !

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Be sure that the bookings are linked. That is important if you want to be sure you stay together. If Princess does go ahead and arbitrarily upgrade one couple and not the other you may have a better chance of a) getting the old cabin back or b) getting the other couple upgraded as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Be sure that the bookings are linked. That is important if you want to be sure you stay together. If Princess does go ahead and arbitrarily upgrade one couple and not the other you may have a better chance of a) getting the old cabin back or b) getting the other couple upgraded as well.

Thank you Thrak - I think we are linked since we did not want just one to be upgraded. It is nice having cabins close by but would also be nice if we were both upgraded 🙂

1 hour ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We got an upgrade this morning also Interior to Aft Facing deluxe balcony ...Christmas week ..we will take it happily .

Thank You Princess.

oooohhh.. I love the aft balconies! Have paid premium to get and keep my corner aft. Sadly my next, there was not a standard non suite in the corner... so we are trying something new. lol

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

DUCHESSRN

You received an excellent upgrade,especially for a Christmas week cruise !

I was surprised today also as an e mail from Princess informed us of an upgrade from a Deluxe Balcony cabin to a Mini Suite.

We were originally booked on Caribe  deck,mid forward, starboard. We are now on Marina deck,mid forward,starboard. It is a higher deck than we are used to,but we still have the starboard location we prefer as it is the better side of the ship for the sailaway from Brooklyn. 

We had originally  wanted to book a Mini Suite ,but the fare was a bit above our travel budget. We do like the set-up of such a cabin with the curtain that separates the bedroom and sitting areas.

Now, we hope that the Corona virus will not be an issue by early November. Fingers crossed !

Interesting! I was Mid Aft moved Mid Forward, same side (starboard too!) and floor. I was curious about if there was a chance we could be moved to a different floor. lol We were deluxe balcony to mini upgrade too! We are right after Christmas, so crossing fingers, right? 😉

1 hour ago, JayRich65 said:

I've gotten two upgrades in the last week, from Balcony to Deluxe Balcony to now Mini -Suite, I'm pretty sure this is to discourage us from re-faring, which at the end of the day is still pretty good.

I would love a double upgrade!! hehe I like their bribe 😉 Is it December yet? lol

• Like 1

We just received a upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite on the same side and deck for our Oct. 2020 cruise at no charge. Maybe they will do a second upgrade to a full suite?Princess did this on a repositioning cruise on the Island Princess we did a few years ago.

Happy Trails 🥃

39 minutes ago, blloydtbird said:

I'm curious, for those who have received upgrades, did you book directly with Princess or with a TA?

I'm booked directly through Princess on the sailing on which I received the upgrade.  I am also now wondering, for those that received the upgrade, did you have a cruise booked that was recently canceled due suspension of operations?  

Congratulations to the OP. Complimentary upgrades are very nice. We're booked in an MA, so I'm doubtful we'll be upgraded. If we are, that will be nice; but I'm perfectly happy with the booking I've made.

Smooth sailing!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

We just received a upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite on the same side and deck for our Oct. 2020 cruise at no charge. Maybe they will do a second upgrade to a full suite?Princess did this on a repositioning cruise on the Island Princess we did a few years ago.

Happy Trails 🥃

We were upgraded to a different deck and from the starboard side to the port side.  It really doesn't matter to me what side of the ship we are on ... ever!!  We love the aft and midship sections and luckily, they didn't upgrade us to a forward balcony.  I did have my reservation marked as a meta only upgrade, btw!  

11 hours ago, Pandalots said:

It's my very first cruise not just with Princess but any cruise whatsoever! Got a notice our interior was upgraded to an obstructed oceanview. We're cruising Alaska on the Emerald end of May (with fingers crossed this all settles out by then!)

Canada is not allowing any cruise ships to dock until the earliest July. 

I hope I posted this correctly.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-cruise-ships-with-more-than-500-people-banned-from-docking-in-canada/

Edited by tonit964
Posted link