Upgrade Surprise

Cruise Raider

Our situation is that we originally booked this Nov5 repositioning cruise , Brooklyn to Ft Lauderdale ,a few months ago directly through Princess. We are Platinum with Princess.

Now that I think about it,  we took the same cruise a few years ago on the Regal Princess and were also upgraded from a Deluxe balcony  to a Mini Suite. 

We are looking forward to experiencing the Sky Princess. !

52 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It really doesn't matter to me what side of the ship we are on ... ever!!  

We were happy to get the same side (Port) on the upgrade being we like to watch the sunsets on the way up to SF and on our return from Ensenda, be able to see the city skyline and lights from the balcony when we depart SF, when anchored off Monterey to see the city and coastline (depending on the wind direction), and when having the ultimate balcony breakfast in Ensenada to look out at the overly large Mexican flag that is flown at the port.

We are happy to have any side on a cruise but when we check the itinerary we like to see what side best meets our requirements for that cruise.

On a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to LA we choose a Starboard Suite (upgrade)so that we had the afternoon sun and the sunsets.

To each his his own!

Happy Trails 🥃

• Like 1

We booked through Princess .on the Christmas Cruise that we have been upgraded..I have used TA a few times , with our cruise on Grand on March 29th it has added a bit more complication with the cancellation process .

2 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

We just received a upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite on the same side and deck for our Oct. 2020 cruise at no charge. Maybe they will do a second upgrade to a full suite?Princess did this on a repositioning cruise on the Island Princess we did a few years ago.

Happy Trails 🥃

Crossing fingers hehehe

Received an email from our TA earlier this evening that we received an upgrade for our Christmas 2020 eight day Sky cruise, from two double interiors to two double obstructed balconies on deck 8 mid!! Fourteen Princess cruises since 2006 and this is our 2nd free upgrade (first one in 2014 was the same type of upgrade and got us hooked on balconies). Thank you, Princess! Being able to only cruise at Christmas break, we pay the highest rates for both cruises as well as flights from Canada to FLL, so this is definitely a nice reward.

I don’t want to be greedy, but am keeping my fingers crossed that our second leg for New Yrs week might also be upgraded. Good luck to all those who are hoping for upgrades.

• Like 2

My husband and I are new to Princess (have done 2 Celebrity, 1 RCL) and we booked the lowest category balcony in February (booked thru Costco).  I logged in today and saw that we were moved to a mini suite!  I'm pretty excited about it, but the room is L105, one of the forward facing mini suites on a much higher floor.  I always book to be mid ship because of potential motion sickness.  The new location has me wondering if it's going to be a rocky ride.  The itinerary is the Pacific Coast, end of October.  Does anybody have any experience with this cabin?  

• Like 1

cmp702

You may have noticed on the upgrade booking that it is noted that passengers have 48 hours to call Princess to get the original cabin back if they do not like the upgraded location..

If you are concerned about the Lido deck location, you could try calling Princess or  the business you booked the cruise with to see if you can get the initial cabin back or,possibly, a better location for the upgrade.

17 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

cmp702

You may have noticed on the upgrade booking that it is noted that passengers have 48 hours to call Princess to get the original cabin back if they do not like the upgraded location..

If you are concerned about the Lido deck location, you could try calling Princess or  the business you booked the cruise with to see if you can get the initial cabin back or,possibly, a better location for the upgrade.

I didn't get any kind of notice about the upgrade.  I just logged in today and noticed a different room number from what it had been just yesterday.  

OK 

Perhaps because we booked through Princess directly, the e  mail notice of the upgrade also included a revised booking page with new cabin number and category. All the other information was what appeared on the original booking page.

You may want to check with your booking agent if you have concerns about the upgraded cabin location.

1 hour ago, cmp702 said:

My husband and I are new to Princess (have done 2 Celebrity, 1 RCL) and we booked the lowest category balcony in February (booked thru Costco).  I logged in today and saw that we were moved to a mini suite!  I'm pretty excited about it, but the room is L105, one of the forward facing mini suites on a much higher floor.  I always book to be mid ship because of potential motion sickness.  The new location has me wondering if it's going to be a rocky ride.  The itinerary is the Pacific Coast, end of October.  Does anybody have any experience with this cabin?  

You can ask your TA (or Princess if not using a TA) to move you to any other vacant cabin that is in the same category that you now have. No charge for this.

I received notification that I was upgraded from a BD to a BB balcony in a location that I don’t like. I always ask my TA to make sure I will only accept a meta upgrade. I don’t know if she forgot or if I forgot. It appears my original cabin is still available. I emailed her to see if she can change it back. My friends were upgraded from a DB guarantee to a mini suite. I’m jealous. 

15 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

We were happy to get the same side (Port) on the upgrade being we like to watch the sunsets on the way up to SF and on our return from Ensenda, be able to see the city skyline and lights from the balcony when we depart SF, when anchored off Monterey to see the city and coastline (depending on the wind direction), and when having the ultimate balcony breakfast in Ensenada to look out at the overly large Mexican flag that is flown at the port.

We are happy to have any side on a cruise but when we check the itinerary we like to see what side best meets our requirements for that cruise.

On a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to LA we choose a Starboard Suite (upgrade)so that we had the afternoon sun and the sunsets.

To each his his own!

Happy Trails 🥃

That makes perfect sense to me.  I never really thought about it that carefully....but, that is smart.  On Celebrity, I just don't want to be on the smoking side so it's always starboard for me on that line.  My first choice, when we are lucky enough to get a balcony, is an aft facing cabin.  

Got an email from Princess Wed that on our June 13 Norway cruise we were upgraded from a balcony to a min suite at no charge.  Checked our account and verified the cabin number had changed and the balance due had not.  Happy day !

Got the email Thursday am that our March 28 cruise had been cancelled.  Dont know if we are happy, sad, unsure or what. 

June is so close , yet Norway is so far

• Like 2

We had an obstructed balcony for our Royal cruise in December. They upgraded us to a mini suite. Never been upgraded that high. However if this corona virus not under control by final payment in September we will cancel.

• Like 4

Wow. book a cruise to Hawaii in Nov 2020 yesterday. Was upgraded from a ocean view obstructed  to an ocean view  within half an hour after i book. We've had up grades before but never before after final payment. Thank you Princess Cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We also got upgraded for our December cruise on the Royal. We do not expect to cancel ourselves and hope that Princess doesn't cancel us either. We are very pleased with our new cabin, so much so so, that we've requested to no longer be upgraded. We have an aft deluxe balcony now. The only thing better than that would be an aft suite and we aren't that greedy. We've been booked for a while now and did not plan on cancelling this cruise or any of our cruises. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

We also got upgraded for our December cruise on the Royal. We do not expect to cancel ourselves and hope that Princess doesn't cancel us either. We are very pleased with our new cabin, so much so so, that we've requested to no longer be upgraded. We have an aft deluxe balcony now. The only thing better than that would be an aft suite and we aren't that greedy. We've been booked for a while now and did not plan on cancelling this cruise or any of our cruises. 

Ooh that’s nice. I’m happy with the mini. The showers in the other rooms are tiny and my hubby is a big guy. I even have a tough time with the curtain hugging my body.i

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yogi_6977 said:

Wow. book a cruise to Hawaii in Nov 2020 yesterday. Was upgraded from a ocean view obstructed  to an ocean view  within half an hour after i book. We've had up grades before but never before after final payment. Thank you Princess Cruises.

While I am really pleased for you, It appears overseas seem to get a lot more upgrades, than Australians, I think it is great so many overseas people are getting upgrades, please remember Australia Princess we would like the occasional upgrade too.  

42 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

We received a upgrade email last Thursday. Sky Princess,Nov.5, Deluxe Balcony to a Mini Suite.

There was quite a long thread posted on this forum as it seems the upgrades started to appear last week.

We are on the Sky  November 5 also!

Edited by pasta1
spelling

8 hours ago, yogi_6977 said:

Thats great congrats.