Upgrade Surprise

Cruise Raider

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Still "hoping" for an upgrade for our cruises next year and "dreading" an upgrade for our cruises this winter (unless it is an upgrade to a full suite...)

Perhaps your cruises are marked No upgrade?

Just now, that said:

Perhaps your cruises are marked No upgrade?

The ones this winter are definitely marked that way. 3 short cruises - 6 days, 13 days, and 14 days - on the same ship in the same cabin. A Caribe balcony on Sapphire Princess. I don't want an "upgrade" unless it is to a full suite. The cruises in May/June shouldn't be marked as "no upgrade" as I would love an upgrade on those two. I certainly didn't ask to have them marked that way.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Did you find any recourse?

I was 'upgraded' from an DB to an MC. Technically an upgrade. But I went from Dolphin deck to Marina deck.  I stick to Plaza - Promenade Decks, never go to pools or buffets so being way up there is a 'negative' to me. 

Thought I would come back and report that Princess fixed it and I'm now in E223

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

It's an upgrade to a different cabin type, for instance inside, to ocean view.

Thanks for sharing. I did not know about this Meta upgrade. I will tell my TA to add it to my bookings. 
Jo & Tom good luck I hope you get the upgrade.

Tony

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Did you find any recourse?

I was 'upgraded' from an DB to an MC. Technically an upgrade. But I went from Dolphin deck to Marina deck.  I stick to Plaza - Promenade Decks, never go to pools or buffets so being way up there is a 'negative' to me. 

I ended up leaving the cabin upgrade as is, holding out hope for another. 

59 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thanks for sharing. I did not know about this Meta upgrade. I will tell my TA to add it to my bookings. 
Jo & Tom good luck I hope you get the upgrade.

Tony

Thank you Captain Tony!❤

overnight from my crack PVP

You are listed on our Complimentary Upgrade List for booking ######.  We are able to automatically upgrade on cruises up to July 2020.  Maybe if confidence is still low they will extend the date.  I will let you know.

• Like 3

b0nz0-

Going from a balcony to a Mini Suite is a very good upgrade.

The only thing that might dissuade you is the location of the mini suite. You might want to check the ship’s deck plan to see if the location is a good one for you.

We have enjoyed a number of mini suites on Princess and really like the design of them on the Royal Class ships- Royal,Regal,Sky and ( sailing soon,maybe) Enchanted Princess. 

The bed area and sitting area- with full sized sofa- are separated with a curtain. Good if one  person wants to nap and the other read or be on the computer.

Hope you cruise is a go and that you enjoy the upgrade!

One caveat though- once you have a mini suite, it may spoil you and how you like a regular balcony for future cruises.

After reading this thread I checked my booking and found we were upgraded also.  January 9 2021 Enchanted Princess upgrade from Marina deck deluxe balcony to Baja deck mini suite!

Edited by Mflem1278