Are our cruising days over? (merged topics re: health and age restrictions)

WmFCoyote

Can you imagine what Disney is going thru in regards to the parks.  Anyone who has been and waited in a twisting, serpentining line waiting to ride ANY ride, there is zero physical distancing going on.  And having to wipe down EVERY car every time a rider exits, and a new rider gets in.  Think of the cars on Rock n Roll Rollercoster, or Space Mountain.

Their whole plan is to pack 100,000 people into multiple parks, restaurants, kids clubs.  All of this with lots and lots of multigenerational groups and people with health issues. 

What a nightmare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimanjo said:

Can you imagine what Disney is going thru in regards to the parks.  Anyone who has been and waited in a twisting, serpentining line waiting to ride ANY ride, there is zero physical distancing going on.  And having to wipe down EVERY car every time a rider exits, and a new rider gets in.  Think of the cars on Rock n Roll Rollercoster, or Space Mountain.

Their whole plan is to pack 100,000 people into multiple parks, restaurants, kids clubs.  All of this with lots and lots of multigenerational groups and people with health issues. 

What a nightmare.

all USA parks closed, and have been for a while now - same with Universal - no re-open date(s) set

1 hour ago, kimanjo said:

What a nightmare.

Well said.  It will be interesting to see how they handle the situation. 

he CDC Order

The order effectively bans cruise ship operations in light of the COVID-19 epidemic until the earliest of any of three conditions is met:

1-  If the Secretary of Health and Human Services declares that the COVID-19 public health emergency has expired;

2- If the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order, based on public health or other considerations;

3- 100 days from the date of publication (April 9) of the order in the Federal Register.

The industry association, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), voluntarily suspended cruise ship operations on March 14 in conjunction with an earlier order issued by the CDC.  

On 4/11/2020 at 11:47 PM, npcl said:

I do not recall seeing any about the age restrictions in the document coming from the CDC. Though there is nothing that prevents the CLIA from including it in their plan

See post #490...

We are booked July 31st to Alaska.  Our deposit is nonrefundable (something I neglected to make note of).  We can apply it to FCC.  However, if the 70+ doctor’s letter is still required, we will not be able to use it as my husband is 70 with has well controlled diabetes.  That doesn’t seem fair. 

Edited by mimip
Spelling

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

mimip;  do the math.  Apr 9 was the order; add 100 days.  That would take us to July 17th.  

Sorry.  Had only seen the 100 days, not the whole CDC order with starting date.

mimip;  with all that's happening in the world;  we are about to see a lot of things we think unfair.  We are about to enter into the new normal.  What will it look like?  No one can tell right now.  The entire travel industry is going to go thru a full makeover

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mimip said:

Sorry.  Had only seen the 100 days, not the whole CDC order with starting date.

No problem; what I did notice from this order; until the cruise industry comes up with a game plan that will comply with both the CDC and US Coast Guard; there will be no ships sailing to or from US ports.  So if the cruise lines don't submit for approval by July; then the order gets extended past that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

mimip;  with all that's happening in the world;  we are about to see a lot of things we think unfair.  We are about to enter into the new normal.  What will it look like?  No one can tell right now.  The entire travel industry is going to go thru a full makeover

Yes, many people are just struggling to eat and keep a roof over their heads.  So this is minor in the scheme of things.

1 minute ago, ocntscha said:

I think eventually an official government document showing you've been inoculated for Covid-19 will become a required document you'll have to present at embarkation day along with your boarding pass and passport.

if so, then extend that to every airline, sporting event, schools, entertainment venues , etc, etc, etc 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, voljeep said:

if so, then extend that to every airline, sporting event, schools, entertainment venues , etc, etc, etc 

And to include every other syndrome, infection, virus known to man in perpetuity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mimip said:

We are booked July 31st to Alaska.  Our deposit is nonrefundable (something I neglected to make note of).  We can apply it to FCC.  However, if the 70+ doctor’s letter is still required, we will not be able to use it as my husband is 70 with has well controlled diabetes.  That doesn’t seem fair. 

Is your Alaska cruise on Princess?  Princess has not issued any 70+ letter requirement and the new CDC order is very specific as to what conditions will need to be met.  70+ letter was not one of the conditions required by the Federal Government.  If Princess cancels the cruise, then you will be entitled to a refund of the deposit.  It was only non-refundable if you cancelled the cruise before Princess does.

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Is your Alaska cruise on Princess?  Princess has not issued any 70+ letter requirement and the new CDC order is very specific as to what conditions will need to be met.  70+ letter was not one of the conditions required by the Federal Government.  If Princess cancels the cruise, then you will be entitled to a refund of the deposit.  It was only non-refundable if you cancelled the cruise before Princess does.

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

No, we are on Celebrity, which requires this letter, downloaded from their site.  Norwegian has one too, but it is not so detailed.  I have spoken to Celebrity and have been told they do not know how long their requirement will last.  And no, the CDC did not order this.  It was the cruise line that put it in place.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mimip said:

No, we are on Celebrity, which requires this letter, downloaded from their site.  Norwegian has one too, but it is not so detailed.  I have spoken to Celebrity and have been told they do not know how long their requirement will last.  And no, the CDC did not order this.  It was the cruise line that put it in place.

You're writing on a Princess Forum.  If you're posting information about Celebrity on this forum, you're creating some confusion as some of what you are posting here doesn't apply to the readers of this forum.

I'm not trying to be snarky to you, I'm just asking that you be a little more selective as to the information you post for us Princess cruisers.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You're writing on a Princess Forum.  If you're posting information about Celebrity on this forum, you're creating some confusion as some of what you are posting here doesn't apply to the readers of this forum.

I'm not trying to be snarky to you, I'm just asking that you be a little more selective as to the information you post for us Princess cruisers.  🙂 

Two forums were merged, so this is not just a Princess forum.