Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

I chose option 2 for my April 4th cruise and we did receive our FCC a few days ago but no cash refund to our credit card and no refund of our FCD back into our account either. My TA, when I spoke to her, thought the credit card should be refunded within about six days.  I’m a little discouraged and so, will not be holding my breath.  

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Next Friday, 5/1 … I would be contacting my credit card company for an immediate backcharge for services not rendered 

Sadly, that isn't an option for me. My Canadian credit card company has a 60 day window from time of payment.

Wednesday I received $607 Voyage Goodwill credit that appears to be for the last and  third cruise of our back to backs this spring.  Strange as certainly not in order of date.  No cc refund for that May 9 sail on the Grand.  Crickets for April 4 Ruby or May 2 Ruby paid in full suites accommodations.  We requested Option 2 on all, within 15 min of email from Princess for cancellation of all 3 sailings due to first pause on March 12.  So about $50k still out of pocket.  We have 3 back to backs on Sept 26 on Emerald for Tahiti/Hawaii.  It's anyone's guess how that will play out.  Might be reassuring if Princess would clarify order, if any, of refunds and credits.  Getting a TAD uneasy up here in Anchorage, where our state is reeling from the crash in oil prices and downright collapse of tourism.  Many of the excursion companies may go bust as being shuttered entire season for many is their income for the year.  Not sure how they will survive.  When and if cruising returns, Alaska's offerings may be much much less to experience than in years before.

I posted earlier that my whole family was booked on the March 21 sailing of Royal Princess.  All three cabins applied for Option 2 which was acknowledged by Princess on 3/14.  So far, all family members that were in my cabin received their FCC into their accounts last week.  Neither of the other two cabins have received anything yet, but we are all still holding out hope.  

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Next Friday, 5/1 … I would be contacting my credit card company for an immediate backcharge for services not rendered 

File with your credit card company now, let them slug it out with Princess, and then you can sit back and enjoyed house arrest, er, lockdown, er um, stay-at-home.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

The April 30th date is only for FCCs for "Pause 1" cruises.  They communicated to the TAs during the same webinar that refunds would be returned within "60 days from when we receive the guest survey", so they have a few more days to finalize those for the first pause.  Someone who participated in the webinar was kind enough to post screen shots of the Princess slides to a FB forum and I have referred to them frequently!

1 hour ago, arcticprincess said:

Wednesday I received $607 Voyage Goodwill credit that appears to be for the last and  third cruise of our back to backs this spring.  Strange as certainly not in order of date.  No cc refund for that May 9 sail on the Grand.  Crickets for April 4 Ruby or May 2 Ruby paid in full suites accommodations.  We requested Option 2 on all, within 15 min of email from Princess for cancellation of all 3 sailings due to first pause on March 12.  So about $50k still out of pocket.  We have 3 back to backs on Sept 26 on Emerald for Tahiti/Hawaii.  It's anyone's guess how that will play out.  Might be reassuring if Princess would clarify order, if any, of refunds and credits.  Getting a TAD uneasy up here in Anchorage, where our state is reeling from the crash in oil prices and downright collapse of tourism.  Many of the excursion companies may go bust as being shuttered entire season for many is their income for the year.  Not sure how they will survive.  When and if cruising returns, Alaska's offerings may be much much less to experience than in years before.

$50K ?!! - I would be having a heart attack.  We are out $6,500 (two cruises) - I put a dispute on one of them and will be putting dispute on the other this week.  I totally get that they have a mess on their hands, and the cruise lines are not responsible for the virus - i still want my money back now.

One of our cruises was to Alaska and we will book in the future and come to your great State.  

7 hours ago, as400guy said:

My FCD was returned to my Princess account with the original expiration date.

(One of my FCDs will expire 5/19/2020.  I'm curious to see how long it takes Princess to refund my FCD as per conditions of FCDs.)

Cruise scheduled: Star Princess,  April 29,  15 days booked and paid in full February 26.

Option 2 requested and confirmation email received on March 12 .

FCD returned to my account approximately  approximately April 20.

Credit card dispute filed with Chase April 6.  Still unresolved.

No REFUND, no FCC and no correspondence from Princess.

My cruise was cancelled March 4, the FCD returned to my account and it expired on March 8 and disappeared...last I have seen of it.  I keep hoping it will show up on the credit card with which I purchased it.

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

$50K ?!! - I would be having a heart attack.  We are out $6,500 (two cruises) - I put a dispute on one of them and will be putting dispute on the other this week.  I totally get that they have a mess on their hands, and the cruise lines are not responsible for the virus - i still want my money back now.

One of our cruises was to Alaska and we will book in the future and come to your great State.  

Yes!  This was a bucket list cruise with suites at Four Seasons Sydney and premium suites at rear of the ships.  We generally do Club Class MS, but this was the big splurge.  We have dear friends in Adelaide and Christchurch that we were going to see so I had suite in Sydney with livingroom and access to the private area top of hotel for meals.  So yes, we put out alot and were heartbroken as we were to leave in 10 days for time in LA to insure we got our biz class Virgin Australia flight.  We had private limo reserved from airport to Four Seasons.  We would have been on close to fourth week of the six plus weeks we would have been gone!  I just don't get the credit for the last cruise of the trip, with no others given.  And no credit card refunds yet either!  I am beginning to panic.  If they have a system for this, would be nice to know!

We are out nearly that much. B2B 42 days Hawaii & South Pacific then back to Florida through the Panama Canal. Figured this to be our last big trip out of the country so we splurged on a suite. Biting our nails until we see that credit.

3 hours ago, HUNKY said:

ArticPrincess did you get any money back on the Virgin Australia flights?  Especially since they are now voluntarily entering into administration?

I booked it through EZ Air on Princess.  Booked as Delta but operated on Virgin Australia.  Zilch on the air and anything except GeoBlue Med Insurance that I booked on my own.  I lost $700 with Fairmont Vancouver Canada Place as I had paid in advance for bayview  Gold Floor.  When I called to say Princess cancelled due to virus, they said thanks for calling, but that's it!  Getting uneasy as the amount we paid is the most we ever paid for a trip!

We were sailing 5/9/20, Pacific Wine Country. We chose option 2 and as of today we have not gotten a refund either. I did see the FCC in my account. I'm pretty sure the credit is based on the base fare and it goes to each person in the cabin. I just sent off an email to Princess and to my TA as well. We'll see what they say and how long it takes to hear back from either one. Such a difficult time for everyone right now. So very sad.

I'm SO ready to get back to traveling but I want to wait for the green light.👍

Oh I might add that our daughter had given us a gift certificate from Princess for Christmas. It was an electronic kind. I'm hoping that never expires.

Stay well everyone.

Edited by P.A.
  • Thanks 1

There have been a few of you who are T/As who have been able to pass on

a few bits of news from a webinar they have access to. For which I for

one  are very grateful.

Are you allowed to feed anything back to Princess?   Like maybe they

could share some of current position re refunds and timings direct

to those waiting. eg I think someone said they hope to sort out the

FCCs for the first suspension phase by end April.

In the UK we get a weekly "news"letter  which contains very little "old" news

here is a LINK to it. though I dont know if it will work outside UK.

Some of the content may also not be relevant.  Last"news"was 14 April

when they set out their idea of Cruise with confidence!!

Sounds great

We have temporarily revised our final payment dates and cancellation policies for voyages through October 15, 2020. As always, any payments made prior to the final payment date are refundable to you in the original method of payment**.

Until you scroll down to the **

**For guests in the UK, deposits will be refunded in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

I suppose that is a fractional improvement on losing it all  but  as it is just temporary why couldnt they extend it fully to the UK.   Not everyone wants or can just keep stacking up future cruise credits.   

Edited by Aulanis

7 hours ago, arcticprincess said:

I booked it through EZ Air on Princess.  Booked as Delta but operated on Virgin Australia.  Zilch on the air and anything except GeoBlue Med Insurance that I booked on my own.  I lost $700 with Fairmont Vancouver Canada Place as I had paid in advance for bayview  Gold Floor.  When I called to say Princess cancelled due to virus, they said thanks for calling, but that's it!  Getting uneasy as the amount we paid is the most we ever paid for a trip!

Did you submit any of this to Princess for reimbursement? We received our hotel charges back as a check and any airline fees that weren’t covered in Ez-Air. If you haven’t, it is worth giving it a shot. The worst they can say is no... 

It'll probably take a while to get it back if you submit it now... I'm still waiting for them to process my return flight off a B2B where the second leg (back home) was cancelled, so filed March 15 or so.

12 hours ago, arcticprincess said:

Yes!  This was a bucket list cruise with suites at Four Seasons Sydney and premium suites at rear of the ships.  We generally do Club Class MS, but this was the big splurge.  We have dear friends in Adelaide and Christchurch that we were going to see so I had suite in Sydney with livingroom and access to the private area top of hotel for meals.  So yes, we put out alot and were heartbroken as we were to leave in 10 days for time in LA to insure we got our biz class Virgin Australia flight.  We had private limo reserved from airport to Four Seasons.  We would have been on close to fourth week of the six plus weeks we would have been gone!  I just don't get the credit for the last cruise of the trip, with no others given.  And no credit card refunds yet either!  I am beginning to panic.  If they have a system for this, would be nice to know!

It is almost starting to feel criminal with the amount of monies Princess owes passengers and yet seemingly almost no one on CC has received a cash refund to their CC and Princess seems to be continually lying about refunds.  

This is going to leave a sour taste in many people's mouths for a long time.  

Damn, even our Auto/Home insurance issued us a 20% refund to our CC for driving less this year due to COVID-19 and we did not even ask for it.  Guess which cruise line we will probably not use again and which Auto/Home insurance company we will probably stick with for a long time.

Wake up Princess and be honest about $$ refunds......It's Business 101.....and the RIGHT THING TO DO!!

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

If they have a system for this, would be nice to know!

I dont know what the system is to claim for expenses if you have not cruised but

want to claim expenses - Maybe they will expect people to claim on their

Travel Insurance.

For those that were on a cruise that was cut short they were given a claim form

and a letter which said they would consider refunds requested.  Our claim is in

but  I expect they will come back and ask for more detail.  Our main problem was that

we were unable to change the return air tickets and could not contact our T/A.

The ship originally said they would sort everything out and we should enjoy our last

few days as we cruised back to Sydney.  When we heard nothing after 2 days we asked at

CS desk and they advised there was nothing they could do as we had not booked 

flights through Princess we had to make our own arrangements!.  Had they told

us that originally  there may well have been time.

Here is a form that is almost the same as ours - different ship- different problem but

the important bits are the same.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/GoldenPrincessRefundRequestGuide.pdf

It will give you some idea of what they might pay and the documentation they need

to prove the amounts claimed.

I think they are simply holding on to the money for as long as they can.  I think (perhaps wishfully) that as of the 60 day point after the mass March 12 cancellations, we will see people getting refunded.

Otherwise I think they will see thousands of chargebacks and they know it.  We will proceed with a dispute on May 15, giving Princess a couple of days extra.

For those of you who are old Star Trek fans, keep in mind that out of 285 "Ferengi Rules of Acquisition", the very first rule in that long list is "Once you have their money, you never give it back".  (And, yes...I've been self isolating too long.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Damn, even our Auto/Home insurance issued us a 20% refund to our CC for driving less this year due to COVID-19 and we did not even ask for it.  Guess which cruise line we will probably not use again and which Auto/Home insurance company we will probably stick with for a long time.

Wake up Princess and be honest about $$ refunds......It's Business 101.....and the RIGHT THING TO DO!!

It would be hard for me to guess which cruise line to use again based on refund policy since they all seem to have similar policies..

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/canceled-cruise-refund-how-long/

Edited by billco